Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: OCTOBERFEST  (Read 21605 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:OCTOBERFEST
« Reply #210 on: October 01, 2006, 08:51:56 PM »

Everything my mother tells me I shouldn't eat....2 eggs, hash browns, 4 strips of bacon, wheat toast and 4 glasses of Ice Tea.    I was really hungry for a good old fashioned breakfast. I went for it

Maybe that's what I'll have tomorrow and see how much I can get done.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #211 on: October 01, 2006, 08:54:07 PM »

Good travel vibes to DR Ginny and her DH. Have a great time!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2006, 09:01:45 PM »

Omaha?  Yeah, a lovely city.

No, the show I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU. It's in our Broadway series so I have a ticket, just not sure if I'm going to go

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2006, 10:33:52 PM »

OK... Laundry washed, dried and folded...  Amtrak reservations completed... And now, sleep...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2006, 10:47:25 PM »

Next came DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES:

spoiler

Again, Nora ruined every scene that she's in (at least for me). I don't find her obnoxiousness funny or entertaining, and Lynette's desperation to rid herself and her family of her is more squirm-inducing than entertaining.

The other stories were OK. Edie's nephew I suppose was intended to bring some Jesse Metcalf (the gardner in season 1) style sexuality to the show, but I didn't find him nearly as appealing. Not much of an actor either, at least in those scenes tonight. (True, he didn't have to do much except take off his shirt and smirk).

I continued to find Susan's story the most interesting.

They are developing a nice little mystery with the missing wife.

I am guessing that Edie's nephew and Susan's daughter will have a storyline, which is great..the gal who plays Susan's daughter is quite good and deserves to do more in the show.

I get quite a kick out of Carlos and Gabrielle...and Carlos looks darn good with his short haircut!

Nora, to me, is like fingernails on a chalkboard! What I can't figure out is why her daughter turned out so normal.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2006, 11:09:56 PM »

Interesting article in today's NY Times - "Chorus Line’ Returns, as Do Regrets Over Life Stories Signed Away"  

Travel vibes to all traveling - even on buses. Welcome Home vibes to those returning - even on buses.
I take off on Tuesday for a brief visit to the Great North.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #216 on: October 01, 2006, 11:58:16 PM »

Travel vibes to everyone!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #217 on: October 02, 2006, 12:00:14 AM »

Friday was not a good day... My sister for some odd reason managed to ruin my good mood within 2 Minutes as she started to tell everyone that she was expert and knew what was best for my dad. I was near a point where I was about ready to throttle her as was my other sister.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #218 on: October 02, 2006, 12:02:23 AM »

and top that off witb a phone call from aunt Vulture....

GRRR!!!  Funny how a lovely fall weekend can sour.

I did have some good laughs with my dad. He wanted to go out and see the beet harvestors. He does work some but is not well enough to work long hours in beet harvest. He is more or less a "gofer" when he feels up to it. Some days he feels pretty good but other days he doesnt He has deteriorated significantly since Labor day weekend.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #219 on: October 02, 2006, 12:03:28 AM »

Sorry for ranting but I needed to let it out. I apologize...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #220 on: October 02, 2006, 12:03:51 AM »

I do like hte show Ugly Betty. It is rather interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up