Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SWING OF THINGS  (Read 29910 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:THE SWING OF THINGS
« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2006, 10:06:21 PM »

Classic horror film, to me, still means THE INNOCENTS with Deborah Kerr.

There was some warning from space movie from the 50s about these kids at Cape Canaveral who discovered this throbbing creature.......... wait maybe that was a different kind of movie.....  no, no, it was called Cape Canaveral Monsters or something like that.  I had nightmares for weeks with that one  I could never figure out what was supposed to be scary about James Arness in THE THING.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2006, 10:07:36 PM »

MBarnum, when are you traveling?

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #242 on: October 03, 2006, 10:10:05 PM »

Now i'm on the lookout for the original one hour episodes!

Here they are The Alfred Hitchcock Hour:

Regular Price
$299.99
Our Price
$199.99

Alfred Hitchcock Hour was hosted by Alfred Hitchcock. It was an anthology television series that features mysteries and melodramas. The original version Alfred Hitchcock Presents was launched on October 2, 1955.

It was originally a half an hour show but was later extended to a full hour show and even re-titled The Alfred Hitchcock Hour. The finale episode of the show was aired on June 26, 1962. But even it has its finale season; it continues to be popular for decades.

Alfred Hitchcock Hour’s episodes were characterized by suspense and surprise endings. In each episode, viewers will be strung and will continuously think of the final twist.

The Alfred Hitchcock DVD is a collection of 18 DVDs in a 5 box set as shown above, all 100% in chronological order from the pilot to the finale

The Alfred Hitchcock DVD collection also includes custom artwork and episode guides to help you find your favorite episode at anytime.

The Alfred Hitchcock DVD collection are formatted region free so they will play on any DVD player, DVD-ROM X-Box or PS2 Worldwide

All DVD's are presented in full screen. Exactly the same as it was shown in American television.
Presented in English
This item has not been rated

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MBarnum

« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2006, 10:12:16 PM »

There was some warning from space movie from the 50s about these kids at Cape Canaveral who discovered this throbbing creature.......... wait maybe that was a different kind of movie.....  no, no, it was called Cape Canaveral Monsters or something like that.  I had nightmares for weeks with that one  I could never figure out what was supposed to be scary about James Arness in THE THING.

That sounds like THE SPACE CHILDREN starring Peggy Webber, Adam Williams, a bunch a kids, and a giant brain thing in a cave on the beach.

MBarnum

« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2006, 10:13:23 PM »

MBarnum, when are you traveling?

I haven't decided for sure, but am looking at the 7th through the 10 or 11th.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2006, 10:13:34 PM »

GHOST STORY was an okay movie, but the book was the most frightening thing I have ever read.

Scary Fred Astaire films............. FUNNY FACE
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2006, 10:15:39 PM »

I advise renting a car unless you don't drive.

You advise a visiting New Yorker to rent a car in Metro LA ???

I'd stick with Mass Transit and Taxis.

der Brucer

MBarnum

« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2006, 10:15:49 PM »

Edisaurus, the Wilshire Dunes looks swell...and free parking is a plus! Hmmm.....

But the Kawada Hotel is only 3 blocks from Little Tokyo and and New Otami Hotel seems quite luxurious and not very expensive...$119 on weekdays and $ 84 on the weekend.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2006, 10:37:31 PM »

That sounds like THE SPACE CHILDREN starring Peggy Webber, Adam Williams, a bunch a kids, and a giant brain thing in a cave on the beach.

That would be the one!
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2006, 10:46:47 PM »

So tomorrow I'll have ... SVU...

Leslie Caron takes a swing at an Emmy!

New Yorker
COMEBACK DEPT.
GIGI IN JERSEY
by Kate Taylor
Issue of 2006-08-28
Posted 2006-08-21

The actress Leslie Caron, whom Gene Kelly plucked, in 1948, when she was seventeen, from the Ballets des Champs-Elysées and then shipped to Hollywood, where she pirouetted and pouted her way through several M-G-M classics, has grown accustomed, in recent years, to the silence of her telephone. “I was absolutely convinced that I couldn’t act anymore,” she said not long ago. “I thought, I’m this old Gigi and Lili, and I suppose I can’t pretend anymore. Nobody’s going to hire me.”

But, recently, the call came, summoning her from her Paris home—not to Hollywood but to North Bergen, New Jersey, where the TV crime drama “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” is filmed. A tiny woman with high cheekbones, Caron was on the set the other day, sitting for the show’s hair stylist. She conveyed dignity and a slight hauteur, even in a T-shirt that read “Boston” in bright bubble letters. Over the loud hum of a hair dryer, she recalled receiving urgent messages from her agent between trips to Burgundy, where she runs an inn, and Sardinia, where she is building a cottage.

In the episode in which Caron appears, which will air in October, she plays a French émigrée whom the S.V.U. detectives persuade to testify against the man who raped her forty years earlier. Two of the show’s executive producers, Neal Baer and Ted Kotcheff, had secured Caron a visa in a mere two weeks. (“We called senators’ offices!” Baer said.) But to most of the crew Caron’s presence didn’t exactly constitute a celebrity sighting. “Now, T-Bone,” Juan Campanella, the episode’s director, said to a skinny P.A., “this weekend you’re renting ‘An American in Paris,’ so you can see what this lady can do.”

Those who did recognize Caron treated her with exaggerated deference. “She looks great, doesn’t she?” Kotcheff, who is himself seventy-five, said. “I fell madly in love with her when she was in ‘Gigi.’ ” He crooned, “The song of love is a sad song, Hi-Lili, Hi-Lili, Hi-Lo.”

“That’s ‘Lili,’ ” Campanella said. “ ‘Gigi’ is ‘Thank heaven for little girls.’ ”

“Ha! You couldn’t sing that song these days,” Kotcheff said. “They’d arrest you immediately!”

In between scenes, Caron came over to where Campanella was sitting and thanked him for his guidance. “I used to get so upset with Jim Ivory,” she said. “He’s so respectful of actors that he doesn’t give you any direction! He says, ‘How do you want to play this, dahling?’ And you think, Christ, he doesn’t know what he’s doing!” Kotcheff and Campanella laughed. “I really prefer,” she concluded, “for the director to do very pointilliste work with me.”

Caron returned to the set to do a scene with Connie Nielsen. The writers had decided that Nielsen should interview Caron’s character in French. The lines were written in English; the women translated them on the spot. When the scene was over, Campanella sat back in his chair, visibly moved, and said, “I didn’t understand a word, but she was wonderful.”

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2006, 10:56:15 PM »

How about this NYC Chamber of Commerce promo:

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2006, 10:58:51 PM »

Well..  I've been spending the past hour or so going over the cruise info... So much to do!  So much to see!  So much to EAT!!!  And most of it is free too!  -So the diet will start back up again when I get back.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2006, 10:59:19 PM »

DR FJL - THANK YOU!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #253 on: October 03, 2006, 11:00:03 PM »

Well... I should get to bed, so...

Goodnight.

*See you tomorrow DRs Cillaliz and jhvw!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #254 on: October 03, 2006, 11:06:49 PM »

I think I missed DRDAKOTACELT on the radio.....I may have heard her last few moments as she and some guy bid us to stay tuned for BARBECUE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2006, 11:09:09 PM »

I found THE UNLOCKED WINDOW on a homegrown DVD - that had the "new" version of it as well....which just helped one realize how good the original b/w hour version is!

Creepy.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #256 on: October 03, 2006, 11:10:17 PM »

Not for the faint of heart but if you are brave....

I have been roped into doing a radio show tonight online at teh student radio. IT is streaming audio and you are welcomed to listen. My premiere will be a bit after midnight central time, 10 Pacific...

http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/webradio/index.htm

Did/will you get a copy of this?  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2006, 11:22:41 PM »

I think I missed DRDAKOTACELT on the radio.....I may have heard her last few moments as she and some guy bid us to stay tuned for BARBECUE.

I didn't listen to it, but I did record it. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: October 03, 2006, 11:52:46 PM »

Leslie Caron takes a swing at an Emmy!

New Yorkerder Brucer

I have alwasy liked Leslie Caron...  Gigi was a wonderful movie...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #259 on: October 03, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »

Yep, at least you caught a few moments. You missed the Robert Clary vs. Richard DAwson debate!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2006, 11:54:55 PM »

Did/will you get a copy of this?  

No copy...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2006, 11:56:11 PM »

The person who kidnapped me is named Jon Pike. He is the faculty advisor for the student runned radio station

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #262 on: October 03, 2006, 11:56:33 PM »

Too bad I did not have Guy Haines!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #263 on: October 04, 2006, 12:02:18 AM »

So the diet will start back up again when I get back.

Yes. Miss O'Hara, tomorrow is another day :D

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #264 on: October 04, 2006, 12:07:05 AM »

.. the student runned radio station...

Is "runned" an Auto Shop expression (As in "The car runned real good.") 8)

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #265 on: October 04, 2006, 12:11:07 AM »

Is "runned" an Auto Shop expression (As in "The car runned real good.") 8)

der Brucer

I tried using correct grammar and they said not it is runned for they run it.. I was corrected by two 19 year olds...

George

« Reply #266 on: October 04, 2006, 12:14:07 AM »

And then there was the woman who, after being fired from "The Apprentice," talked about why she was "casted" on the show in the first place. ::)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up