Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WHITENING STICK  (Read 36388 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:THE WHITENING STICK
« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2006, 09:59:19 PM »

... I am going to try to figure out a way to make it warmer.

Try Mulled cider with rum or hot chocolate with a shot of brandy! (You'll still have cold toes, but you'll feel better :)

der Brucer

Poor Little Amy

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2006, 10:09:43 PM »

It's 60 degrees in my house, so I am going to try to figure out a way to make it warmer. Making the house warmer is usually Greg's job but he's up in the mountains filming some "grizzly situations". Brrrr....too cold to type---or edit! Definitely a 3 cat night.

Just cozy up to a nice short story - you'll be all nice and warm, you'll see.

MBarnum

« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2006, 10:28:43 PM »

I gave up on SHE MOB...too nasty in oh so many ways...realized I had already watched NYMPHS ANONOMYS so settled in for SATAN IN HIGH HEELS...and it is actually quite good in a tawdry filmed on location in New York in 1962 sort of way.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2006, 10:31:43 PM »

Good Moving Vibes to DR GEORGE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Cillaliz, Ginny, and Elmore!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2006, 10:32:36 PM »

Today, my sister came over to my condo and started painting (she loves to paint and she picked all the colors...she's very good at it).  She got most of the extra bedroom painted and it looks quite nice!  Tomorrow, we'll start moving the big stuff...my bed and dressers for my bedroom, the couches and chairs, my computer, etc., etc., etc. :D

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2006, 10:33:41 PM »

I also put up a new shower curtain/towel bar in the bathroom.  It's a pretty cool invention!  It actually has two bars going across the shower so that you can either have a shower curtain and liner on individual bars or you can have the curtain/liner on one bar and a towel on the the other!  There is only one towel bar in my bathroom and it's not very convenient to get to when getting out of the shower so this new kind of double bar is perfect!  

George

« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2006, 10:34:10 PM »

And I put in a new shower head nozzle that's attached to a hose.  It has six different settings and one is a very, very fine mist.  It's quite different from anything that I've seen before, but it's pretty cool.  I like it. :)

George

« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2006, 10:37:25 PM »

When I got cable installed at my new place (this past Wednesday), I told them not to cancel the cable in the house I'm moving out of (which is where I am right now) until today, so I don't know if it'll stop at midnight or when.  It's still available right now and I'll stay in as long as I can, but I might be kicked off of the Internet (and HHW) quite unceremoniously and without warning.  But I'll be able to move my computer tomorrow and all should be well...unless it crashes like it did the last time. :P That was NOT a pleasant experience.

George

« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2006, 10:38:02 PM »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2006, 11:46:45 PM »

Good luck with the move George!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2006, 11:56:46 PM »

At the end of July, I ordered some DVDs from a website that turned out to be bogus. :( I sent an e-mail in the middle of August and got a response saying that they would send it out that afternoon.  I sent the second e-mail in the middle of September, and they said that they'd send it again, but I never did.  I sent a third e-mail tonight, saying "Since your website no longer exists, I guess it's safe to assume that I won't get the DVDs and you've stolen my money.  That's a sh*tty thing to do."  And I didn't put the * instead of the i.  At least, an undeliverable e-mail hasn't bounced back. :-\
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 12:03:29 AM by George »

George

« Reply #251 on: October 14, 2006, 12:00:39 AM »

Good luck with the move George!!

Thanks!  This is going to be the big weekend move!  The only thing I'm really worried about is my cat, Ebonie.  She's not one to run away, she usually hides under my bed, but it's a pretty tramatic event to move.  I'm going to try and make it as easy for her as I can.  I plan to put her in my extra bedroom in the house I'm moving out of and then moving my bed and dresser drawers to the condo.  Since that's up on the top floor and all that's going up there, I'll put Ebonie up there with food, water and the litter box, where she can stay and not be disturbed.  The we can move the rest of the stuff.  At least, that's the plan.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up