Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TOM TURKEY RAN AWAY BUT HE JUST CAME HOME  (Read 21559 times)

FJL

Re:TOM TURKEY RAN AWAY BUT HE JUST CAME HOME
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2006, 03:38:55 PM »

Penny - Skip and I are arriving in L.A. Friday night Dec. 8 and have our tix to see BRAIN Sat. eve. Dec. 9.  Then we leave L.A. Sunday morning Dec. 10.  

Any chance you'll be at the planned breakfast at DuPar's that Sat. morning or at the show that Sat. night?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2006, 03:40:23 PM »

As predicted, I had a nice day at work today.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2006, 03:41:14 PM »

I should get started on the sides for dinner.  I just need to relax for a minute or so first.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2006, 04:40:32 PM »

I thought that was our secret ::)

der Brucer

DR DerBrucer - that post was when my case of "holiday head" was in full bloom!  Sorry!

Our guests have all headed home.  Thanksgiving dinner was much appreciated by all - our turkey turned out very well and the contributed side dishes were all wonderful.  I am exhausted.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2006, 05:59:57 PM »

We had a lovely dinner on the patio. We watched the hummingbirds and the woodpeckers at the feeders. I knew I had eaten too much when my chair broke. DR Sandra beat us all at a game of Scrabble.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2006, 06:25:52 PM »

Back from Thanksgiving day at my sis's house. It was just my sis, brother in law, myself, Dog Bosco, my mom, and my neice Megan (brother Allen's daughter) who is attending Univ. of Oregon in Eugene.

We had delicious food and then relaxed and watched THE GURU. Dog Bosco, my mom, and brother in law fell asleep, but my sister and niece absolutely loved it!

MBarnum

« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2006, 06:26:17 PM »

Hope everyone's day was wonderful!!!

I am stuffed!

Michael

« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2006, 06:27:13 PM »

The same here Penny O.  

But I arrive Saturday Morning, tickets for the evening performance and I leave Sunday morning.
Never stop dreaming.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2006, 06:58:54 PM »

Happy thanksgiving everyone, or as I've been saying Happy TG!

FJL

« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2006, 06:59:01 PM »

The New York Times is reporting that Betty Comden has died at the age of 89.  I know she and her work had a profound effect on the lives of several people here, and condolences to her friends and her family.

FJL

« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2006, 07:10:04 PM »

And one for Mella (and Ella and Mom)  :(

I believe BK produced the BELLS ARE RINGING revival recording.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2006, 07:21:15 PM »

Tonight's viewing included Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy- both good.  Last night's Medium was also good.  Today I watched the Close marathon- great promos Edisaurus.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2006, 07:23:29 PM »

Favorite thanksgiving memories- after my parents divorced my mom decided she wasn't cooking any big meals and we started getting dressed up and going out which was always super fun.  We also made some nice thanksgiving memories today.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2006, 07:56:54 PM »

I've been back for several hours now from a wonderful dinner with DR FJL, Skip - who prepared one helluva a fantastic meal- and their friends Jason, Paul, Brian ( who was the Last Starfighter in Seattle and New York), the lucious Milla, and Molly's mom Mary.  The corgis Molly, Dylan and Toby had a great time as well.  I would have loved to stay longer but I had work to do.

I've just ground out three synth parts for The Brain, and I'm heading to bed.  

G'night, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2006, 08:15:19 PM »

Didn't you really mean to say, back to Bondage?

Let's don't give anyone any weirder ideas about me than folks already have!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2006, 08:17:25 PM »

Oh, so sorry to read that about Betty Comden. What wonderful gifts she leaves the world both on stage and screen. Our lives are SO much richer for her having been in this world.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2006, 08:20:25 PM »

I continued watching THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS but didn't quite get to the end of it. I'll finish it tomorrow.

You know, I have not bough any of these new boxed sets of the Bond movies. Allegedly, the transfers are revelatory, but I'm not willing to buy a whole bunch of movies I've already bough many previous times.

When MGM/Fox decides to distribute them separately, I'll pick up some of the Connerys, but I suspect I won't rebuy the entire series until I can afford a real high definition DVD player and thenbuy them in high definition.

FJL

« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2006, 08:21:34 PM »

A rather touching post on another chat board:  Someone said they were listening to Anita O'Day's recordings of "Just in Time" and "The Party's Over" in commemoration of both Anita O'Day and Betty Comden passing away within the same day.  
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 08:22:59 PM by FJL »

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2006, 08:22:27 PM »

UGLY BETTY was magnificent tonight. Funny, warm, informative about characters and motivations. I loved it!

Isn't Justin growing by leaps and bounds! I'll swear, tonight he looked to me about 2 years older than he was when the show started three months ago.

FJL

« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2006, 08:24:28 PM »

Will we avoid an all-time low?

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2006, 08:24:47 PM »

And GREY'S ANATOMY certainly played some climactic cards tonight. One big surprise after another! Looks like major turning points in the lives of several characters after tonight's show.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2006, 08:27:39 PM »

#40021 for me. And now I don't have to curse the darkness!

The champagne turkey was the best we've ever done---a 16 pounder. I will make turkey carcass soup tomorrow if I can find my best friend's recipe for it.

I got to meet Erik, the new grandbaby. He's absolutely adorable and almost walking. His parents drove up from Florida, my brother drove in from NC and we had 11 at my mom's and then 10 at Greg's parents.

Now I need to settle down and watch the actual comic relief show.

DR TPunk, glad you liked the promos. I had this on while I was cooking, and no matter how many times I've seen the show, there are always good lines that make me laugh. Did you have a favorite episode?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2006, 08:29:21 PM »

Sad to say, CSI hit an all-time low for the series in my opinion.

First, when you have a guest star as famous as Roger Daltry and build an hour around his masquerading as different characters based on famous serial killers from slasher movies, you better get quality make-up that can really hide his face WITHOUT IT LOOKING LIKE MAKE-UP. I wasn't fooled for one second with ANY of the disguises he wore. Maybe on standard definition TV, the make-up wasn't obvious, but HD gave the game away VERY early.

And Roger's performance was terrible. He tried using a gravelly voice in an attempt to hide his British accent. Then, the gravelly voice fell away, and one started noticing words here and there that had British accents to them. By the last scene, he wasn't even attempting to disguise his voice any more. Really bad.

At least it was nice to see Barbara Bain in a small guest role, but she deserved much better than this.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2006, 08:32:25 PM »

If my second Deep Discount order arrives tomorrow, I'll watch FORBIDDEN PLANET. If not, I'll finish THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS and then probably watch something from the Masterpiece box, either MARIE ANTOINETTE or PRIDE AND PREJUDICE.

MBarnum

« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2006, 08:35:50 PM »

Watched a low budget 1950s movie called PORTLAND EXPOSE...which was filmed on location in Portland, Oregon.

It was lots of fun as I recognized so many of the buildings, streets and areas...the shows the Portland Rose Garden where we took DR Tomovoz and DP Colin as well as Multnomah Falls where DR JMK took the Aussies also. The lovely Portland Towers apartments were shown and Union Station...in fact at Union Station the lead actor went through the very same double doors that I went through when I was looking for DR Jane as we were picking up the Aussies at the train station.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2006, 08:39:56 PM »

PLEASE READ
[/color]

As World AIDS Day approaches (Dec. 1), we are reminded that millions of people need our help with the AIDS pandemic, but we often think, "What can I do?"

Here is one simple way you can help, and it costs you nothing but a moment and a mouse click.

Bristol Myers Squibb will donate $1 for every person who goes to their web site and lights a candle to fight AIDS, up to a max of $100,000 (chump change for them, but we'll take it). At this point, the counter is just over 30,000... so we need many more candles lit.

Please go to this link to light a candle... and help spread the light.

https://www.lighttounite.org/

« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 08:40:28 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2006, 08:40:53 PM »

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good turkey carcass soup recipe? I've found some on the internet, but if anyone has any favorites...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2006, 08:50:18 PM »

I hope all one and all have had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

My Mom made the turkey, the stuffing , the mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, I made the candied sweet potatoes , mashed turnips, peas with mushrooms and pearl onions, candied carrots and an apple pie and we (the Vixter, Vixdad & I) transported my portion of the feast to Mom and Dad's where we were joined by my single brother and a lovely dinner was had by all... after we cleaned up from the dinner my married brother, his wife and three daughters (the eldest of whom DR Jose treated to an exciting backstage experience at Lestat) arrived for dessert.  they have come back from Ohio for the holiday and are staying at SIL's mom's house and had dinner with that side of the family.. the Vixter was overjoyed to see her cousins and a lovely reunion was had by all  

DR Ginny.. they live in Powell do you know of the place? SIL said it's next to Dublin...
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2006, 08:50:25 PM »

I'm going to head downstairs to bed now.

Good night!

FJL

« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2006, 08:50:58 PM »

One of my favorite Vegas hotels (to viist, not to actually stay) is Carcass Carcass.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up