Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LOVELIER THAN LOVELY  (Read 23956 times)

François

Re:LOVELIER THAN LOVELY
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2006, 04:21:38 PM »

Most frequent and demanding of my feathered friends is this male King Parrot.

It's been a good morning.

I guess he could play in Sullivan's Parrot King... or Parrots of the Caribbean!

Tomovoz

« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2006, 04:23:06 PM »

I'm reminded of the sketch on the Muppets - with the Giant Carrot singing G & S.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

François

« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2006, 04:24:26 PM »

That Cockatoo is not coy!

Coy-libris are! ::)

François

« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2006, 04:25:31 PM »

Coy que c'est?!

François

« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2006, 04:26:16 PM »

A secretary is not a coy!

François

« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2006, 04:26:42 PM »

Is DRelmore still working on Coyland?!

François

« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2006, 04:28:11 PM »

Coys and Girls Like You And Me?

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2006, 04:32:36 PM »

DR FRANCOIS!!!!!!   So glad to see you, I missed you while you were away.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2006, 04:36:15 PM »

Man am I tired. My mother really had lots and lots of work for me to do over the past few days.  She decorates for every season and every holiday. She REALLY decorates for Christmas. She's always done it, only now she's getting to the age that it's physically difficult for her and she shouldn't be climbing up and down the ladder in the garage to the attic where she stores some of her decorations...we're talking LOTS of decorations - something whacked her on the head last week when she went up there. I think it was a big wooden post with something cute painted on it but it was in a precarious spot and fell on her head.  

So when I visited  I volunteered to go up there for her. LOL. I climbed up the ladder, and down the ladder, and up the ladder and down the ladder and up the ladder....oh! dead mouse..PU that stinks...take it down the ladder, etc......then there was down the basement stairs and up the basement stairs...repeat ad nauseum.    Who needs a gym? I just need to work with my mother.

It was actually lots of fun looking at all the stuff and I came home with a car full of nice decorations.

Today I put a wreath on the door, some huge red ribbons out and some lights around the garage and fence.   It isn't much, but I had to fight the sale seekers at the store to get it, so it was a bigger pain than I thought it would be.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 04:44:18 PM by Cillaliz »

François

« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2006, 04:40:05 PM »

DR FRANCOIS!!!!!!   So glad to see you, I missed you while you were away.

Thank you!

Oh but I was here all the time: it's just that I put on a low profile for a short time!

I was being coy Fran-coy! :D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 04:41:25 PM by François »

François

« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2006, 04:43:43 PM »

Man am I tired. My mother really had lots and lots of work for me to do over the past few days.  She decorates for every season and every holiday. She's always done it, only now she's getting to the age that it's physically difficult for her and she shouldn't be climbing up and down the ladder in the garage - something whacked her on the head last week when she went up there.    So I climbed up the ladder, and down the ladder, and up the ladder and down the ladder and up the ladder....oh! dead mouse..PU that stinks...take it down the ladder......then there was down the basement stairs and up the basement stairs...repeat ad nauseum.    Who needs a gym? I just need to work with my mother

Ain't it true that life is made of ups and downs!

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2006, 04:45:07 PM »

Ain't it true that life is made of ups and downs!

You can say that again ;D

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2006, 04:49:21 PM »

A couple of shots of butterflies:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2006, 04:52:49 PM »

Great Butterfly, great birds....the photography on this site is really incredible

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2006, 04:53:29 PM »

and:

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2006, 04:55:04 PM »

And a hybrid hummingbird that folks are coming from all over the state to see:

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2006, 04:55:53 PM »

Great Butterfly, great birds....the photography on this site is really incredible

Thanks. I'm sure we delete more than we save.

François

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2006, 05:05:27 PM »

Thanks. I'm sure we delete more than we save.

I don't know if you delete! All I can say is... you delight us with beautiful pics!

Jennifer

« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2006, 05:36:52 PM »

Re: last night's GHOST WHISPERER.

I know each episode is mainly self-contained. But i'm not sure how easy it is to pick up the relationships mid-season.

I don't think this show (last night) was even remotely one of my favorites.
I didn't need a kleenex. And i wasn't as involved as i usually am.

Re: the violence.  I think that it depends. Sometimes the spirits are angry.  I mean often they are angry. But always in different ways.  But yes, sometimes they show up and are mean.

Usually though we see a bit more of melinda at the store (although we did get one scene). And usually we also see a bit more of camryn manheim.  We did see a lot of the husband though (who i love).

When i think classic Ghost whisperer, i tend to think of episodes like the season finale where i was just moved beyond words.

It is definitely quite different from MEDIUM. But DR MattH, i think you can at least get an idea of how melinda helps people. And how the stories sort of play out (she sees ghost, finds friends/relatives, connects the twho, ghost crosses over).

François

« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2006, 05:41:30 PM »

Wonderful (visual quality too) video for Mary Poppins on Broadway!

http://www.broadway.com/Gen/Buzz_Video.aspx?ci=540913

Jennifer

« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2006, 05:45:36 PM »

I just got back from my sister's house. She called at 8am this morning asking if i could go to my niece's swimming lesson with her (since my sis was not feeling well).

So I went with my brother-in-law.And little megan was pretty good (did not cry without her mommy). But then when we got back my sis was still feeling crappy. So i stayed for most of the day (went out during naps).

Anyhow when i was preparing megan for her bath i noticed she was hot. So we took her temp, and it turns out she had a fever.

I totally forgot she was sick, and during her dinner, she wanted to feed me (so i let her put her little fingers in my mouth).  My sis was like, "oh yuck, she has been licking those fingers!".  Oh well i'll probably be sick in the next day or two. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2006, 05:48:23 PM »

DR MattH, re: the nine.

Thanks for the info. At least we got to find out a bit more info during last week's show (like why lizzie was mad at scott wolf).  But i'm actually more disappointed not to see the end of vanished.

I wish they would just put the remaining shows on in the middle of the night so people could record them!

Tomovoz

« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2006, 05:51:51 PM »

Lovely review from the New York Times of "Molly - an American Girl". - screenplay by Maria/Anna/Panni.

I'd post a link it if I knew how!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »

Molly: An American Girl on the Home Front
Review by Barry Garron

Nov 22, 2006, The Hollywood Reporter

8 p.m. (7/c), Sunday, Nov. 26
Disney Channel

Although unabashedly sweet and sentimental, the latest movie based on the popular line of historic books and dolls also raises profound questions about what it means when your country is at war. The film is set in 1943. Molly (Canadian newcomer Maya Ritter), a third grader, her family and her neighbors eat, sleep and breathe a war being fought oceans away.

Between food rations, blackout drills, bond rallies, clothing drives, scrap metal collections, care package assemblies and the dreaded Western Union telegrams, the war is foremost on everyone's mind. Compare that to the Iraqi conflict in which the administration strategy is to take our minds off the war by asking little or nothing in the way of collective sacrifice at home.

In this charming slice of life drama, Molly learns a few lessons about the hardships of war as well as the joys of friendship. "Molly" boasts an engaging script by Anna Sandor, which captures the attitudes and social fabric of a now-distant time. Plaudits as well to Joyce Chopra for her honest and tender way of bringing this story to life. Young Ritter is a joy to watch, as are the measured performances by Molly Ringwald as Molly's mother and Sarah Manninen as Molly's teacher, whose fiance is an Army officer.

Molly: An American Girl on the Home Front
MPAA rating: G

© 2006 VNU eMedia Inc. All rights reserved.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2006, 06:01:07 PM »

Am I allowed to post that? I'm never sure about such things.
James Thurber 1957

François

« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2006, 06:02:43 PM »

Lovely review from the New York Times of "Molly - an American Girl". - screenplay by Maria/Anna/Panni.

I'd post a link it if I knew how!

Your wishes are my command!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/24/arts/television/24moll.html

Tomovoz

« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2006, 06:03:42 PM »

Thank you François.
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2006, 06:16:21 PM »

I have the Disney Channel!  

More lovely boids and flutterbyes!!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2006, 06:18:45 PM »

DR FRANCOIS I remember the original ads for FOLLOW ME, BOYS! featured Mr. Disney and proclaiming that he had seen the finished film shortly before his demise and enjoyed it.

Saw it on the original run and certainly thought Kurt Russell was very good and just like you....Vera Miles makes a terrific Disney mom....with an edge that Dorothy McGuire didn't have.  Vera was much tougher....  I really liked her in THE CALLOWAYS, too...or maybe it was THOSE CALLOWAYS....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2006, 06:19:19 PM »

One biography said that Walt collapsed at his desk and the last words he wrote on a notepad were:  "Kurt Russell..."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up