Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TENDER LOVING CARE  (Read 29097 times)

Cillaliz

Re:TENDER LOVING CARE
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 07:09:23 AM »

I've got an interesting week. I hope the weather is decent on Wednesday and Thursday - it'll be cold, that's ok, just no precip, please. I have to go to Des Moines to a seminar. While I'm there I'm going to take my nephew, Adam, and his wife who just announced she is pregnant, to dinner.   It's a 3 1/2 hour drive, so I'm really hoping the weather cooperates.

Cillaliz

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 07:10:49 AM »

Page 3!  How about a good morning mambo

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006, 07:13:09 AM »

Good morning, all! Cillaz, you're feeling better than I am after the hard labor. you must ben younger than I am! LOL!

TOD: I haven't listened to very many commentaries, and haven't gotten to do TFNM yet...I'm waiting to watch it with my DH. But one that comes to mind that I enjoyed was Anthony Mighella's track on "Truly, Madly, Deeply", a film I truly love. Listening to him talk about his struggles making the film due to working with such a low budget was something I could really identify with and it's interesting to see how far he has come, budget-wise. This is a great sleeper movie!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006, 07:14:23 AM »

Page 3!  How about a good morning mambo

Page 3...always good to think ahead!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2006, 07:16:00 AM »

Good morning, all! Cillaz, you're feeling better than I am after the hard labor. you must ben younger than I am! LOL!

TOD: I haven't listened to very many commentaries, and haven't gotten to do TFNM yet...I'm waiting to watch it with my DH. But one that comes to mind that I enjoyed was Anthony Mighella's track on "Truly, Madly, Deeply", a film I truly love. Listening to him talk about his struggles making the film due to working with such a low budget was something I could really identify with and it's interesting to see how far he has come, budget-wise. This is a great sleeper movie!

DR Edi -
I didn't do much hard labor yesterday, so that's probably why I feel better today.  

I would say Truly Madly Deeply is probably one of the films I have watched the most - both on VHS and later on DVD.  I also adore that film.  The other is Field of Dreams.  I don't know quite what it is about it, but I absolutely love that movie.

Cillaliz

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2006, 07:17:06 AM »

Page 3...always good to think ahead!

LOL, I'd go back and correct it, but then your post wouldn't make any sense, so I guess maybe I'm not as on top of my game as I thought....need coffee....need coffee...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2006, 07:22:50 AM »

Good morning!

Another picture perfect day with another high near 70. We're supposed to have one more day of this paradise and then rain moves in WEdnesday. COlder by Friday.

But for now, sheer heaven!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

FJL

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2006, 07:24:21 AM »

Edisaurus - I hope you don't think this means I'm stalking you, but I had  a dream last night where I had to check on some theater tickets that were supposed to be exchanged, and the name of the establishment whose door I kept encountering while trying to find an open entrance was EDAURUS.  Not quite Edisaurus, but it made me think of your screen name.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2006, 07:25:58 AM »

One of the best commentary tracks that I've enjoyed is on the OCDVD of Sunday in the Park with George.  Most of the insights are from Sondheim and Lapine, with Patinkin coaxing them to divulge.  Peters, sadly, doesn't contribute much.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2006, 07:26:08 AM »

Wonder if I ate something wrong yesterday.  Lots of vivid dreams last night, which is unusual for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2006, 07:26:14 AM »

I don't regret the loss of recitative at all. I just don't think it works in films. Among the many problems with PHANTOM OF THE OPERA on film, I found that the most glaring. The thing I loved about the movie of RENT was that they ditched most of it, and it played so much better for me than the stage version.

I had no idea Jennifer Hudson could act, but the singing is a no brainer for those of us who were horrified when she exited in the #6 slot the year she participated in IDOL. Most had expected there would be a three diva showdown in the finals, and that never happened.

FJL

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2006, 07:30:47 AM »

Besides the BK-produced work, on which the commentaries are always excellent, I'd say my favorite commentary track from an entertainment perspective was on the movie THE OPPOSITE OF SEX.  Also, the deleted scenes on that one were very valuable educationally.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2006, 07:32:24 AM »

I think THE WIZARD OF OZ is the DVD I've most watched (though I've had two versions of it on DVD).

There aren't any DVD commentaries I've listened to repeatedly, but the WIZARD OF OZ commentary by John Fricke on THE ULTIMATE OZ laserdisc is by far the best commentary I've ever listened to, and I have listened to it at least a half dozen times, possibly more. His revised version on the newest OZ DVD, amended by contributions of other participants, is not a patch on what he did for the special laserdisc.

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2006, 07:33:44 AM »

Thank you, DR George, for the fetching picture of Daniel Craig that you provided us yesterday. His entire physique is impressive, but just look at the calves on his legs! Wow!

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2006, 07:34:29 AM »

DR George answered you, DR TCB, but yes, Craig Bierko from THE MUSIC MAN revival and the unlamented THOU SHALT NOT is now a regular on BOSTON LEGAL.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2006, 07:35:09 AM »

Cheating a bit on the TOD, my most watched this past weekend was Flower Drum Song, which brings me to my TOD:  2 FDS questions that I'm sure someone here can answer.

1.  Was Pat Suzuki ever considered for the film version?  If so, why wasn't she cast?  If not, why not?

2.  Why did France Nuyen leave the film of Suzi Wong?  BK's close personal friend Nick Redman dances around it in the commentary but never states the reason.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 07:36:03 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2006, 07:35:25 AM »

Time to go to work already???

Bleh.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2006, 07:36:30 AM »

I did not go grocery shopping last Friday, so that little errand I will have to attend to today, possibly after best friend John and I get back from lunch.

Jennifer

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2006, 07:57:49 AM »

Re: last night's TAR.

DR Cillaliz, can i assume the team you no longer like is the Beauty Queens?

I was happy that this was a non-elim (sort of expecting it). But i was disappointed with all of the mistakes that dustin and kandace made.  But i was glad they didn't get eliminated. They have proven themselves throughout the other episodes.

The team i don't get is the Mamas. I really dislike them more and more each show. They are mean.  I know the blondes are super competitive.  But the Mamas are hypocrites.  The blondes had two choices. Either yield the moms or yield nobody.  But being the competitors that they are the blondes tried to give themselves an advantage. I don't fault them for that.  But for the moms to say that they were mean about it or that karma should get them, i just don't get that. The moms had said they were planning to yield the blondes!

It was a bit unfair that the unfit Mamas arrived at the yield first, yet ended up getting yielded. But they are really out of shape. And i fear this will hurt them.  IT hurt them a lot in last night's show (they would have finished first overall).

The funniest line of the night to me was one of the moms commenting on rob and his car problems, "if your car is always breaking down, then maybe it's not the car but you". :)

I am growing to not dislike rob/kimberly as much as i did. They are pretty strong competitors.  And i do like the models. They are strong (and i appreciated them stopping to chat with rob/kimberly when their car broke down).

I will say i was impressed that the Mamas got the map, and that they got to some tasks first. I didn't think they would.  But i still can't get over their negative energy.  It is really starting to bug me.

Can't wait for next week. I"m hoping the moms go next.

Edisaurus

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2006, 08:00:01 AM »

Edisaurus - I hope you don't think this means I'm stalking you

Dang. I wish *somebody* would!   ;D

Edisaurus

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2006, 08:00:46 AM »

Last night's TAR on the roof near BK's abode?

Edisaurus

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2006, 08:01:18 AM »

DR Cillaliz, I just had another cup to, on your behalf!

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2006, 08:03:39 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Our plans for today have changed - it's my mother's 88th birthday and DH Richard and I were going to take her to

Newport Aquarium

but she called yesterday and said she's not feeling up to it.  I checked on her this morning by phone and she's better but not great, so I'll just go see her and take her a little birthday surprise.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2006, 08:11:39 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Our plans for today have changed - it's my mother's 88th birthday and DH Richard and I were going to take her to

Newport Aquarium

but she called yesterday and said she's not feeling up to it.  I checked on her this morning by phone and she's better but not great, so I'll just go see her and take her a little birthday surprise.

I thought for a minute you had moved out this way, Ginny.  Oregon has a Newport Aquarium, too.  In fact, it's where Keiko (AKA "Free Willy") lived for years.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2006, 08:13:58 AM »

One of the best commentary tracks that I've enjoyed is on the OCDVD of Sunday in the Park with George.  Most of the insights are from Sondheim and Lapine, with Patinkin coaxing them to divulge.  Peters, sadly, doesn't contribute much.

I won't say it.....I won't say it.....    :P
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2006, 08:17:18 AM »

TOD - The movie I've probably watched over and over again more than any other is The Big Chill.  It was one of the first ones I bought on videotape and now I own the 15th anniversary collector's edition DVD.  Love the University of Michigan references, the soundtrack, and the retrospective documentary.

Other DVD's on which I enjoy the special features are the Lord of the Rings trilogy (more than the movies themselves there) and  Frida (especially the "Real Locations of Frida's Life & Art" and the Julie Taymor pieces.  I agree with DR Elmore that the commentary on Kevin's DVD is a lot of fun.  Another director's commentary I liked a lot was on The Harvey Girls.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2006, 08:17:20 AM »

Have fun with the fishes, DR GINNY and DH RICHARD and M (I-L).

Still waiting for Comcast....waiting....

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2006, 08:19:30 AM »

I thought for a minute you had moved out this way, Ginny.  Oregon has a Newport Aquarium, too.  In fact, it's where Keiko (AKA "Free Willy") lived for years.

Well, DR JMK, it would be a return home for me, as I was born in Portland.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2006, 08:20:35 AM »

Good luck with the weather, DR CILLA LIZ.....the map doesn't look too promising, but it could be wrong wrong wrong.

DR JMK - my first guess on one of your DRUM questions is that France Nuyen is an actress and someone else is NOT.

As to the first question....I don't know.  BUT I have read before that Pat Suzuki was unprepared for the pressures of Broadway and had a difficult time dealing with the being "Linda Low" - and walked away from the business for awhile.  I loved seeing her on the DVD....but there was not ENOUGH of her!

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2006, 08:20:49 AM »

Have fun with the fishes, DR GINNY and DH RICHARD and M (I-L).

No fishies for us today, DR JRand, because the birthday gal (my mother) is not feeling well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up