Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEDISH FISH  (Read 29496 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:SWEDISH FISH
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2006, 01:16:16 PM »

I am looking forward to Dreamgirls.  DH Richard and I saw it on the stage in Cincinnati, but it was at the dumpy old Taft Theatre.  The sound system was bad, full of distortion and static, and we couldn't understand any of the words (spoken or sung).  

I saw it from the second balcony at Clowes (where we saw MM) and could hear, but I couldn't see faces, so I didn't know much of what was happening....   :P
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2006, 01:17:56 PM »

Page Three cats on the computer dance.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 01:18:10 PM by JRand56 »

MBarnum

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2006, 01:19:01 PM »

That mug sounds cool DR Ginny!

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2006, 01:19:26 PM »

In two days I will be in Hollywood, California, USA.

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »

That mug sounds cool DR Ginny!

But it's best with HOT liquid poured into it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2006, 01:43:06 PM »

Several years ago, I bought my DS Rob a ceramic mug with a picture of Vincent Van Gogh on it.  When you pour hot liquid into it, his ear disappears!  (Van Gogh's, not DS Rob's)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 01:55:49 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2006, 02:14:44 PM »

Thanks you, DR derBrucer, for the link to The Candy Baron. I will check out this site today.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2006, 02:17:29 PM »

I spent a nice portion of the afternoon enjoying the first four episodes from Season 1 of BONES.

As a crime procedural, it has a wonderful sense of humor and a camaraderie among all the actors that make it the most playful and engaging procedural currently on TV. (I like the grim ones just fine, and that tone is appropriate; BONES is a nice change of pace.)

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2006, 02:18:56 PM »

The pilot set the tone just perfectly from the start as a skeleton is recovered from a lake and is discovered to be the lover of a married senator. As with all of the episodes, lots of surprises as the investigation probes into the people in the dead woman's life.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2006, 02:19:02 PM »

Thanks for the photos of the "dreamcatchers", JRand56.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2006, 02:20:22 PM »

I saw it from the second balcony at Clowes (where we saw MM) and could hear, but I couldn't see faces, so I didn't know much of what was happening....   :P

For those who don't know about Clowes Hall...it's pronounced "clews"...and it was, when I lived in Indy, state-of-the-art!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2006, 02:21:12 PM »

Back from lunch -- meatball soup, rainbow trout, steamed veggies and herbed rice.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2006, 02:21:30 PM »

Other episodes on the first disc involved the explosion of a suspected terrorist, a prep school student found dangling from a tree limb, and my favorite of the four episodes on the first disc, a human hand found inside a bear.

The latter involved a trip to Washington state to a town with about the hunkiest male population on the planet. Now I can see why some of you H/Ks stay there!  :D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2006, 02:21:35 PM »

Only 3 1/2 workdays till my vacation starts!

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2006, 02:23:28 PM »

I finished the afternoon with another MURDER SHE WROTE episode from the fourth season. An excellent mystery involving murder and attempted murder at a winery.

The guest cast included Eli Wallach, John Saxon, Grant Goodeve, and an impossibly young-looking Billy Zane. Oh, my, what a heart-breaker he was!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2006, 02:23:46 PM »

BONES is a nice change of pace.)

I find it a bit simplistic and think the writers have dumbed the audience down with all the unnecessary exposition in every episode about the qualificaitons of the lady they call "Bones" and the qualifications of the FBI agent who buddies/partners with her.

Every time they do that, I throw something at the TV before chaning the channel.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2006, 02:44:39 PM »

I have not had one minute to catch my breath since eight this morning, but all packages save for orders that came in yesterday and today have been shipped.

I must now get a bite to eat and then be on my way to LACC.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2006, 03:05:48 PM »

Thanks for the photos of the "dreamcatchers", JRand56.

YW.  ;D

Yes Clowes Hall is still a great place to see a show.  The acoustics are first rate.  You can hear from every seat....not MANY sight line problems except in the upper reaches.

It's my favorite place to see a touring musical....the Murat is abysmal.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2006, 03:07:23 PM »

The B-movie luminaries attending the opening night of THE BRAIN IN SPAIN - oh wait, that's the sequel! - just keeps growing.

In addition to a Reform School Girl, and Puppet Person who was also The Queen of Outer Space, also in attendance will be the ORIGINAL Seymour!!

Kudos to DRMBARNUM for making it the night of a dozen OR MORE stars.

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2006, 03:11:30 PM »

Yes Clowes Hall is still a great place to see a show.  The acoustics are first rate.  You can hear from every seat....not MANY sight line problems except in the upper reaches.

It's my favorite place to see a touring musical....the Murat is abysmal.

I was quite surprised at how spiffy it was when we saw Mamma Mia last year.  My grandmother used to talk about going to shows there and she moved from Indianapolis in the mid '70s

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2006, 03:11:39 PM »

Congrats to MR BK on getting all the packages out!!  What a great Christmas this means for some of us!!!

My fingers (and everything else) is crossed for a good dress rehearsal and NO tech *&^*-ups.

Time will tell....I wonder where DR ELMORE is right this minute?  My guess is he's NOT throwing roses on Lucy's lawn!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2006, 03:12:46 PM »

I was quite surprised at how spiffy it was when we saw Mamma Mia last year.  My grandmother used to talk about going to shows there and she moved from Indianapolis in the mid '70s

Very much of its time - 1963 - but a lovely hall perfect for so many things.

It has housed such luminaries as Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand, and Bobby Rydell.  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2006, 03:12:57 PM »

Din din time.

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2006, 03:17:14 PM »

Finally got around to looking at today's entry on my "365 Reasons to Eat Chocolate" calendar and it says:

"Better eat chocolate now, because in a couple of days, the only thing you'll be able to get is candy canes."

Apropos to the TOD, I thought.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2006, 03:17:35 PM »

I find it a bit simplistic and think the writers have dumbed the audience down with all the unnecessary exposition in every episode about the qualificaitons of the lady they call "Bones" and the qualifications of the FBI agent who buddies/partners with her.

Every time they do that, I throw something at the TV before chaning the channel.

I don't think they're dumbing down to the audience at all. When they do that (not in every episode), I assume they're trying to attract new viewers who might not have been with the show from the start.

At any rate, to each his own.

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2006, 03:18:59 PM »

In 15 minutes, I'll be heading east to Westerville.  Don't know if I'll have computer access tonight or tomorrow.

Bye for now (and maybe until tomorrow evening).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2006, 03:19:58 PM »

The only "candy" I love that isn't chocolate is a Zero Bar.

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2006, 03:20:14 PM »

I'm heading down now to clean the living room and then get back to last night's shows recorded but not watched as yet.

Even though NBC has renewed STUDIO 60 for the season, it didn't record any advance in ratings last night at all even though it had a huge lead-in from HEROES and CSI: MIAMI was a repeat. I'm thinking NBC may change its mind about the "back nine" episodes and curtail the episode order.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2006, 03:20:53 PM »

I don't think they're dumbing down to the audience at all. When they do that (not in every episode), I assume they're trying to attract new viewers who might not have been with the show from the start.

That may be the reason, but I don't feel any less insulted when it happens.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2006, 03:22:34 PM »

I'm heading down now to clean the living room and then get back to last night's shows recorded but not watched as yet.

Even though NBC has renewed STUDIO 60 for the season, it didn't record any advance in ratings last night at all even though it had a huge lead-in from HEROES and CSI: MIAMI was a repeat. I'm thinking NBC may change its mind about the "back nine" episodes and curtail the episode order.

It was an excellent episode, although I pondered the possibility that it may be too "insular" re: the world of infotainment and all the machinery they have to contend with.

I also think the time slot sucks.  After "Heroes," "Studio 60" takes an effort to adjust to.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up