Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WANING DAYS OF DECEMBER  (Read 21691 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE WANING DAYS OF DECEMBER
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2006, 07:51:04 AM »

I have been doing something different this year in regard to holiday presents. I've been wrapping them as I buy them. Usually, I'd wait to wrap them until the morning or afternoon when I had to present them, but not this year! And it's nice to have something under the tree, too!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2006, 07:53:12 AM »

Page Two MONSTERS, INC. Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2006, 08:13:40 AM »

Heading down now to take care of a few things around the house before preparing lunch and settling in with some Disney nature films.

WBBL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2006, 08:32:46 AM »

SPEAKING (or more correctly writing) of Disney...

Has anyone seen this trailer taken from Mary Poppins before?

(DR Francois should love it!)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2006, 08:33:33 AM »

My travel day has commenced.  My bed is stripped and the washer is sloshing away cleaning the sheets and other itmes I plan on taking with me.

So much time....so very little left to do.

The anxiety kills me.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2006, 08:34:59 AM »

FYI:  Am flaying out of SFO at 11:40 p.m., headed East.  I arrive in Cincinnati sometime early a.m. EST.  I then catch another flight for Columbia SC where I'll be arriving at 10:50 a.m.

From there, it's two weeks of home cooking, family and familial obligations.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2006, 08:35:34 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Looks like it will be a pretty day outside.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2006, 08:37:30 AM »

Yesterday was such fun at work!

Yes indeedy!

I was originally scheduled to be at work from noon til six, but when I arrived one of the floor managers came over for a chat.  She had tried to call me, but since I was on the net all she could do was leave a message, which I had missed since I had not checked messages.

The gist of what she wanted was for me to shift hours, instead to come in at two-thirty and stay until closing at eleven.  Well, I live close enough to work that it's a ten minute walk, so I suggested that I come back at the later time.  She was thrilled.

It's nice to be able to do that sort of thing.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2006, 08:39:29 AM »

My travel day has commenced.  My bed is stripped and the washer is sloshing away cleaning the sheets and other itmes I plan on taking with me.

So much time....so very little left to do.

The anxiety kills me.
Why are you taking your own sheets?

Don't they have them in the South?

Or are your sheets made of some special material?

Satin?

Silk?

Latex???

:o

;)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2006, 08:42:19 AM »

I am playing a Bing Crosby Christmas CD while setting out some festive Christmas decorations.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2006, 08:46:29 AM »

This morning I looked outside on my porch, and I saw this butterfly -- I don't know if it is laying eggs or if it is an  adult drying its wings after emerging from a chrysalis. I hope it is not laying eggs, because the caterpillars ate EVERY leaf on all three vines I just planted.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2006, 08:48:26 AM »

Anyway...

I get back home, and there's der Brucer coming out the door, with Bonnie on a leash and Buster breaking through between his legs at a grand run.  Der B had listened to the phone message, and thought he'd bring Bonnie along to pick me up.  (He figured I'd take the shift shift.)  His idea was that we could take Bonnie downtown with us while visiting the post office.  He hadn't planned on Buster insisting on coming, as well.

It turns out, the easiest way to catch Buster is to open the car door.  So obviously he was coming, too.  As was Marty, who hasn't had a special ride for quite some time.

The five of us loaded ourselves into the car, and headed for the post office.  Der B planted himself on a bench outside, while I got to wait in line in order to get a few boxes for shipping some items.  Compared to what I've heard from customers about the post office lines, I got through very quickly.

Then we five wandered around downtown a little.  It was a nice, sunny day, and I didn't need my jacket.  Bonnie, Buster and Marty made a few new friends, and played their usual game of "Let's tie up our humans with our leashes."  Hilarity ensued.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2006, 08:49:34 AM »

This morning I looked outside on my porch, and I saw this butterfly -- I don't know if it is laying eggs or if it is an  adult drying its wings after emerging from a chrysalis. I hope it is not laying eggs, because the caterpillars ate EVERY leaf on all three vines I just planted.
Hungry little buggers, those caterpillars.

But quite the lovely butterfly!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2006, 08:57:28 AM »

Anyway... again...

The work day went quite well.  We were busy enough for a Tuesday, and working til closing is always interesting.

One fellow came in, asking another of the cashiers if we had something called a buff pull.  Big Mike didn't know if we had such a thing, and called around asking if any of the rest of us knew what a buff puff was.

I replied that I always thought a buff puff was a gay bodybuilder.

Much laughter.

By closing, it was just Jen managing the floor, and myself at the lone register.  There are always those last minute people who don't think the announcement that the store will be closing in five minutes has anything to do with them, of course, but we were able to get them out and lock the door pretty quickly.

Der Brucer was waiting for me.  He still hadn't eaten!

I fixed myself some scrambled eggs, and he made a sandwich.  And we watched Two and a Half Men, in which hilarity ensued.

I don't go in to work until five this evening, and that's for a very short evening, out by nine.  But der B and I have shopping to do before then.

The dogs can stay at home this time!

FJL

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2006, 09:14:18 AM »

They just announced on TV that actor Peter Boyle has died, at age 71.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 09:16:06 AM by FJL »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2006, 09:21:04 AM »

Der Brucer has announced that it is time for us to travel!

Sad about Boyle's passing.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 09:21:25 AM by S. Woody White »

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2006, 09:23:55 AM »

Sorry to hear about Peter Boyle.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2006, 09:32:45 AM »

CBS' Obituary

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2006, 09:35:50 AM »

If any of you are watching Sci-Fi Channel's "The Lost Room", I hope you are enjoyng it as much as I.  

It's extremely well-made, challenging yet easy enough to follow, and not at all "apparent" re: where it's all going.  At least, not to me.

Part 2 aired last night, and will re-air in the 7-9 p.m. slot this evening prior to the final episode which airs 9-11 p.m., and again from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2006, 09:37:06 AM »

Oh, yeah:

Star Peter Krause is terrific, as is Julianne Margulies.  Supporting cast outstanding, too, including an incredibly creeped-out character created by Harriet Sansom Harris.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 02:23:09 PM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2006, 09:56:07 AM »

Back from the jog.  Must now package up a few orders, although I think I'll wait until tomorrow morning to brave the post office.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2006, 10:00:25 AM »

Speaking of birthdays, today is the actual 90th birthday of my mother-in-law.  Remember, we had the parties in August and September?  Tonight, we will just take her out for dinner (she chose Bob Evans) and maybe for a drive to see Christmas lights.  

DR Ginny, tell Harriet happy birthday for me and giver her my love.

Also, DRs, my Dad needs some more vibes.  My sister-in-law's email last night sounds as if the downhill slope has begun.  I hope I'm wrong.  Thanks!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2006, 10:03:06 AM »

FYI:  Am flaying out of SFO at 11:40 p.m., headed East.  I arrive in Cincinnati sometime early a.m. EST.  I then catch another flight for Columbia SC where I'll be arriving at 10:50 a.m.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DR RON PULLIAM, SAFE TRAVEL VIBES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2006, 10:04:17 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear that!  I always liked his work.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2006, 10:06:27 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To Elmore's dad.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2006, 10:06:47 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To DR RonPulliam for traveling.
And family time.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 10:07:21 AM by DearReaderLaura »

FJL

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2006, 10:22:19 AM »

BK - have you sent my CD's out yet?

FJL

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2006, 10:24:04 AM »

Vibes to Larry's Dad

FJL

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2006, 10:24:25 AM »

Travel vibes to Ron P

Cillaliz

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2006, 10:24:33 AM »

safe Flaying and Flying vibes ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up