Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: DON WE NOW OUR GAY APPAREL  (Read 29008 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:DON WE NOW OUR GAY APPAREL
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2006, 08:07:13 PM »

I began my evening with another BONES episode from the DVD set. This one had to do with a child dying of lung cancer contracted from a bone graft riddled with cancer. Let into a long, sad, memorable episode.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2006, 08:09:37 PM »

Page Eight "The Wind in the Willows" Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2006, 08:10:50 PM »

Yes, DR JRand, the external floppy uses the USB port. Very simple set-up. I think I just plugged it in and the computer recognized it without having to load any software drivers or anything. True plug and play on a PC! Imagine that!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2006, 08:11:04 PM »

Oh....I see....looking at them on EBAY....powered with the USB....I may go over to STAPLES tomorrow and see what they have in the way of those thangs.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2006, 08:11:28 PM »

Yes, DR JRand, the external floppy uses the USB port. Very simple set-up. I think I just plugged it in and the computer recognized it without having to load any software drivers or anything. True plug and play on a PC! Imagine that!

21st Century Fox.  ;D

Matt H.

« Reply #215 on: December 14, 2006, 08:11:59 PM »

And I certainly agree about THE OFFICE. I was howling through much of it. Very funny episode. The last three have all been hysterical making up for a couple of off weeks earlier in the season.

Matt H.

« Reply #216 on: December 14, 2006, 08:14:35 PM »

SCRUBS had an OK episode, typical silliness. The show has now gone almost totally surreal.

Matt H.

« Reply #217 on: December 14, 2006, 08:15:49 PM »

30 ROCK had Tracy Morgan funny for the first time this season, and Dean Winters was funny as well as Tina Fey's loser boy friend. Of course, the running gag with Alec Baldwin (maybe) dating Condi Rice stole the show.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #218 on: December 14, 2006, 08:16:51 PM »

Time for to go to bed....and watch TV....

Matt H.

« Reply #219 on: December 14, 2006, 08:17:36 PM »

I finished the evening with last night's CSI: NY. Two murder cases - a deaf girl (guest starring as her mother was Marlee Matlin) and a figure skater (guest starring as her friend was national champion and Olympic silver medalist Sasha Cohen).

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #220 on: December 14, 2006, 08:31:08 PM »

Good evening DRs and H/Ks --  Now that Arizona is an hour later than California, the wonderful zanies at "Brain Land" are just into the first act.  I'm sure a Will has been Bent, and that Zubrick has indeed pronounced the earthlings "styupid, styupid, styupid!!"  

And DR elmoore has managed to burn into my little brain, that maddeningly catchy repeating-hook musical figure that introduces the title song, and recurs throughout the play.

I'm holding all good thoughts that tonight and the subsequent performances all go very well.  Our Esteemed BK and his entire team have really produced a wonderfully entertaining piece !!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2006, 08:33:14 PM »

And after a long day, and a nice lunch with Kerry, it is time for some much needed rest.  Someone, please leave the light on in the Living Room for when the Grande Mensch comes home later from the theatre.

Au revoir, my little pretties!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: December 14, 2006, 08:34:59 PM »

Now suddenly I can't get one of the songs from TIFFANY A LIFETIME MUSICAL out of my head....

It's a Wifetime musical!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #223 on: December 14, 2006, 08:53:57 PM »

Got back from THE FANTASTICKS. An emotionally resonant show.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #224 on: December 14, 2006, 08:56:18 PM »

Happy Birthday Tomovoz!!! A man who truly lives up to the grandeur of the Tom name.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #225 on: December 14, 2006, 09:06:01 PM »

Whew! Just got caught up with a week's worth of posts and am overwhelmed by the quantity and the quality! So many great pictures of the festivities! So many birthdays! So many travel dilemnas!

I can relate to the last; we left for Santa Fe last Wednesday. We were running late to make our plane out of Atlanta but still thought we had plenty of time, as we were still 45 minutes early. But after standing in line at curbside check-in, we were then told that Delta had a 45 minute cutoff time and we could no longer check our luggage outside...we would have to go inside. By that time we were 3 minutes plast the cutoff time. They wouldn't let us check our bags on a later flight because of security reasons. So instead of getting an 11AM flight, we took a 5:30PM flight. Since I wasn't the one running late, and we both had gone ot bed at 5AM and gotten back up at 7AM, I was pretty cranky. Plus Greg had already started getting a cold and shared it with me. ("Immunity" only works when you get somewhat of a reasonable amount of sleep.)

So we got there in time for the openig night party and then came back to our room and collapsed.

I think airports should make travelers aware of the cutoff deadline, as we thought you only had to get there early to go thru security.

But at least we DID get to go on our trip!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #226 on: December 14, 2006, 09:06:41 PM »

Time for me to head downstairs for bed.

Good night!

Matt H.

« Reply #227 on: December 14, 2006, 09:07:18 PM »

Welcome back, DR Edi!

And good night!

Edisaurus

« Reply #228 on: December 14, 2006, 09:07:22 PM »

Rodzinksi-love your Video Music Channel-era hairdo! (Or hair-don't?)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #229 on: December 14, 2006, 09:08:54 PM »

The most agonizing part of being at the festival was doing a public radio interview because Peter was on a plane. I lost sleep over that, you can imagine!

Edisaurus

« Reply #230 on: December 14, 2006, 09:10:05 PM »

I think I already wished Bruce and Jane Happy Birthday, but also happy happy to Ginny, Tomovoz...I know there's one more that I'm forgetting, but you know who you are.

Edisaurus

« Reply #231 on: December 14, 2006, 09:13:11 PM »

I thoroughly intended to send flowers for opening night. I brought the address of the theatre, I had a great LA florist that friends of mine there use---and then there was no time to do anything other than work the film and take care of publicity and screening details, since Peter was only coming in a few hours before our first screening.

I am thrilled that there will be a recording of the production made available! Yay!

Tomovoz

« Reply #232 on: December 14, 2006, 09:13:15 PM »

Thank you DRs Edisauras and Rodzinski.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #233 on: December 14, 2006, 09:15:39 PM »

The night we came back, we went to the laundromat and did 8 loads of laundry. Then starting Monday, I jumped in to double sessions of intense editing. I just finished todays doulbe and now have to load 11 episodes of Charmed, a show I despise. But at least it affords me time to catch up on emails and read everyones' posts.

Edisaurus

« Reply #234 on: December 14, 2006, 09:17:16 PM »

I still haven't unpacked from my trip, and I got home on Monday!

The cats refrained from further mischeif, fortunately.

Edisaurus

« Reply #235 on: December 14, 2006, 09:26:14 PM »

I thought I had my main piece I was cutting approved yesterday. Then I had to change it all because 2 new TNT series were greenlighted, and their other original show, Saved, was cancelled.

The 2 new shows are "Grace" with Holly Hunter, and "Heartland" with Treat Williams, who plays a heart transplant doctor. The pilot is very moving. The Holly Hunter show is pretty weird; I hope I can get into it when I have more time to concentrate. I still hope to be working on The Closer next season, but they may pull me off and have me launch one of the new shows.

Since The Closer is the only series I follow, I hope I can stay with it.

In the middle of the day yesterday, as I was cutting Sex & The City episodics, we had to stop down and I loaded some Raymond episodes and cut a short tribute bump to Peter Boyle. It was a sad day---a fellow editor friend of mine's wife died, too. She went into the hospital to have a spot on her lung biopsied and died during surgery from an aneurism. She was my age. I don't know what he will do without her---they had been married probably 30 years.  

Edisaurus

« Reply #236 on: December 14, 2006, 09:35:07 PM »

We had good screenings in Santa Fe. At our second screening, I heard someone laughing at something Studs Terkel said. I turned around and saw Wavy Gravy, watching our movie!

There is a documentary in progress about him, and he was with the director and her boyfriend. I talked to them for a wihle after our screening, and she asked me if I'd like to come up to NY for @ 6 months and work on her film. Oh, if only I could win the lottery. I'm not sure I can do another labor of love so soon! Sure would be fun though.

Turns out Wavy's daughter lives in my little town of Marietta and is married to a plumber. So we may end up hiring a Gravy-In-Law to do some work on our house.

Edisaurus

« Reply #237 on: December 14, 2006, 09:36:36 PM »

TPunk-glad you got the package. Let me know if you can use more. There's more where that came from!

Did your chubster cow cat find Elmo's little Xmas gift?

Edisaurus

« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2006, 09:38:06 PM »

Who knew Music Guy was so handsome? (I couldn't tell, from his modest avatar.)

Edisaurus

« Reply #239 on: December 14, 2006, 09:40:46 PM »

Thanks to DR's George, Tomovoz, der B/Woody and anyone else who bought The Internationale. I ordered 2 dozen from the distributor and they haven't arrived yet. When I asked why the delay he said that they had already run out and were pressing more. So thanks for everyone's support, and I hope you like it!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up