Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WINTER SOLSTICE  (Read 42605 times)

Cillaliz

Re:WINTER SOLSTICE
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2006, 06:34:34 PM »

On Tuesday this week, I thought it was Thursday. On Wednesday this week, I thought it was Thursday. Now it's Thursday and it really doesn't feel like it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2006, 06:35:56 PM »

Page 9 Singing in the rain dance...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 06:36:14 PM by Cillaliz »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2006, 06:37:47 PM »

...I don't know that she agreed or disagreed, but in the review he goes out of his way to mention that the CD is tracked the way it is and that that is a good thing.
Back when I was reviewing discs at Sondheim.com (ages ago, really), what ticked me off on live performance discs was the inclusion of an unseemly amount of applause.  I actually timed the amount of applause included on a disc by Betty Buckley, and listed how long it lasted in the review, track by track.  The second disc I reviewed at the same time, Bernadette Peters' Sondheim, Etc., was particularly good at keeping this egotism in check.

But I agree, being able to jump to the start of a song is a good thing.  (A Martha reference, even though none is needed.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #243 on: December 21, 2006, 06:41:32 PM »

On Tuesday this week, I thought it was Thursday. On Wednesday this week, I thought it was Thursday. Now it's Thursday and it really doesn't feel like it.
That's because it is Friday afternoon.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2006, 06:42:55 PM »

Sadly, he probably represents the majority of his voting constituents.

der Brucer

This whole "taking the oath on the Koran" bit really annoys me. If someone is to take an oath, I want him to take it on "his book", not "my book". The same logic should apply to seasons greetings: I should wish you a "Happy (your day)", not a Happy (my day)". To knowlingly wish a Jew "Merry Christmas" is not just insensitive, it's silly!
This goes even further, as when I really didn't know what the heck I should wish a customer today.  She was wearing her head in a scarf, which suggested Muslem, but I couldn't be sure.  I mean, she didn't have her face veiled.  In any case, I'm not sure there is an Islam holiday during this season.  So I wished her a "pleasant holiday season" instead, since so many holidays are crammed in at this time.

But I'm not sure what message that sent.

:-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2006, 06:44:50 PM »

I am so glad I am not at the airport in Denver.  Although you could ride the train back and forth between the terminals....

Last October, on my return trip home from NY, I spent a "fun" day at the Denver airport thanks to a surprise storm.  I was very, very, very grateful to sleep in my own bed that evening.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2006, 06:50:11 PM »

DR Elmore - you recently saw DR Jose...how is he and is he ever coming back?????

Yes, dear, he will be back.  I doubt it will be before Jan 2, after the Arena Stage gig ends and he's back in New York.  I can't speak for him, but he knows he is missed and we look forward to his return.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2006, 06:52:54 PM »

Elmore-good news about your brother!  Vibes this is the end of his antics!!!!!

I sincerely doubt it.  He's been an ass since July, and I don't think the Macbeths are finished yet.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2006, 06:53:30 PM »

That's because it is Friday afternoon.

But of course! And it's the longest day of the year, right?

Cillaliz

« Reply #249 on: December 21, 2006, 06:54:32 PM »

Yes, dear, he will be back.  I doubt it will be before Jan 2, after the Arena Stage gig ends and he's back in New York.  I can't speak for him, but he knows he is missed and we look forward to his return.

If you talk to him, tell him hello and happy holidays for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2006, 06:55:11 PM »

I sincerely doubt it.  He's been an ass since July, and I don't think the Macbeths are finished yet.
Only since July? ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 06:58:45 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #251 on: December 21, 2006, 06:58:11 PM »

I have no idea how Penny can say I look good, ??? I seem to be continuously tired and sleepy & can barely see straight.  My sciatica acted up which of course threw everything else out of whack making it difficult to sleep.  Yesterday was my first good day in awhile & last night I slept well until around 4:45AM.  

That is when Sherlock decided to snuggle on top of me in the wee hours of the morning, body on my stomach with his head on my chest.  After almost an hour I was able to get him off when he sat up thanks to a case of hiccups.  Keith of course slept through my pleas of help. ;D  The next hour I had just enough room to sleep on one side, the left giving me covers, the right side more comfortable but chilly. ;D

Penny’s right, we do adore Sherlock and while I can’t keep my eyes open & have been struggling health wise, Keith is very happy (I am too).  While I was gone it was good to hear the joy in his voice over the phone.  During my last couple of yearly trips he was very sad. :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: December 21, 2006, 07:00:12 PM »

Only since July? ;)
I never saw this side - poor concern for our father, pettiness, stinginess, hostility - coming from him at all when we were growing up.  I guess sibling rivalries go deeper than I could imagine.

Jane

« Reply #253 on: December 21, 2006, 07:00:39 PM »

I know, just wishing they will be better.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #254 on: December 21, 2006, 07:01:36 PM »

And now I toddle off to bed.  I slept poorly last night, I was in a bad mood most of the day, and, dammit, tomorrow will be better!

Cillaliz

« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2006, 07:02:14 PM »

I never saw this side - poor concern for our father, pettiness, stinginess, hostility - coming from him at all when we were growing up.  I guess sibling rivalries go deeper than I could imagine.

Sorry to hear that. Family issues always seem to cut so deep.  Hope things get better.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2006, 07:02:21 PM »

I know, just wishing they will be better.  

The wish is appreciated, but I hold no hopes.

Cillaliz

« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2006, 07:03:26 PM »

And now I toddle off to bed.  I slept poorly last night, I was in a bad mood most of the day, and, dammit, tomorrow will be better!

Wow, you had the same day I did....here's to a better tomorrow...maybe the sun'll come out

Cillaliz

« Reply #258 on: December 21, 2006, 07:04:39 PM »

I'm sleepy, night

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #259 on: December 21, 2006, 07:09:42 PM »

I want a White Christmas....I'm not dreaming, this is Iowa. We don't have rain in December, we have snow. This is most unseemly

Same here Cilla... No snow!!

Quite unseemly!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #260 on: December 21, 2006, 07:10:18 PM »

Lovely photographs Laura!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #261 on: December 21, 2006, 07:12:59 PM »

My cousin Christine just got power after being 7 days without power.. Ironic, she works with disasters and was just through the power outages...

Jane

« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2006, 07:13:45 PM »

'night

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #263 on: December 21, 2006, 07:13:50 PM »

Page 9 Singing in the rain dance...

Just got the cast studio recording of Singin' in the Rain!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #264 on: December 21, 2006, 07:17:32 PM »

support vibes to Elmore!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #265 on: December 21, 2006, 07:20:11 PM »

DR Sandra's children were precious. They all behaved very well.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #266 on: December 21, 2006, 07:23:03 PM »

Here I am to tell you all that DS Rob and I survived an afternoon in the Dayton Mall area.  We actually had a lot of fun being out in the holiday hustle and bustle and finished up the last of our shopping.  Our main mission was to visit the Verizon store for the equipment upgrades to which we were both entitled.  We have new cell phones that are much cooler than the ones we replaced  8)  

No change in my phone number, by the way, for those who've had it programmed into their phones (and you know who you are...)

While we were away a lovely surprise package arrived from DR Elmore - thank you  :-*

We went to the annual Troop 810 potluck Christmas dinner tonight.  This is the Scout troop in which DS Rob advanced to Eagle and DH Richard served as assistant scoutmaster for many years.  That's why I was making Jello Jigglers at 7am today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #267 on: December 21, 2006, 07:31:11 PM »

I finished up hte last of mine also. I had a few gift certificates for pick up and one gift to buy for my dad.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #268 on: December 21, 2006, 07:38:24 PM »

Because BK had just recorded it for another album - a Sherlock Holmes collection, sung by Miss Judy Kaye.  I didn't feel like doing it again, frankly.
Or, you never do anything twice.

::)

;)

;D

FJL

« Reply #269 on: December 21, 2006, 07:39:34 PM »

AN ASS SINCE JULY - that really should be the title of something
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up