Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO ROCKIN' NEW YEAR'S EVE  (Read 37171 times)

Cillaliz

Re:COUNTDOWN TO ROCKIN' NEW YEAR'S EVE
« Reply #330 on: December 27, 2006, 08:46:12 PM »

Just heard that the movie Fargo  was just selected by the national registry for preservation.

Ya Sure

Cillaliz

« Reply #331 on: December 27, 2006, 08:46:43 PM »

Wow, page 12!!!! Let's have a disco inferno.....

Tomovoz

« Reply #332 on: December 27, 2006, 08:47:18 PM »

I'm sure FJL could do something with "Scene and not Herd" but ......
Some sort of reference to "Cattle Calls" on Broadway I guess.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #333 on: December 27, 2006, 08:49:30 PM »

It's history boys.  They're back once more with feeling.

...And while riding a motorcycle!

-Is the no groaning rule still in effect here on HHW?  ;)

*Of course, if you haven't seen or read "The History Boys", you're probably just scratching your head in wonder right now.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #334 on: December 27, 2006, 08:50:08 PM »

I feel like DR Jose and I should sing a duet of "Hello, Dolly!"...

"Well, hello, fellas!"
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #335 on: December 27, 2006, 08:51:08 PM »

Just heard that the movie Fargo  was just selected by the national registry for preservation.

ROCKY is also on this year's list.  

Ick!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2006, 08:53:32 PM »

...And while riding a motorcycle!

I was wondering whose hands those were!
-- Anaïs Nin

Tomovoz

« Reply #337 on: December 27, 2006, 08:58:34 PM »

I assume they've chosen the film "Fargo" in preference to preserving the city!

My loyalties are with Montana. (Don't ask why).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #338 on: December 27, 2006, 09:00:30 PM »

Taking a movie break - I feel like taking a nice hot shower, which I shall now do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #339 on: December 27, 2006, 09:02:47 PM »

Have you been borrowing DR Elmore's videos?
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #340 on: December 27, 2006, 09:03:37 PM »

Season 1 and 2 are from the new series

I have all of Peter Davison and a few adventures of Tom Baker on DVD...

On Video Tape I have Shada, ARc of Infinity and then taped eppies from when it was on the public telly here. I have several adventures of the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. I also have K-9 and Company on tape.

Many adventures of 1 and 2 are either missing or incomplete due to the BBC either discarding the episodes or reusing the tapes. It was a typical practice up until 1980s to do that. It was a practice also done in the US.
I do not have the Fox movie any longer after my vcr decided to make a snack out of it and it broke the tape!

I do have many of the novelizations of the scripts from all 7.
Most of what I had on tape is gone, lost during the move.

DVD:
First Doctor: An Unearthly Child, The Daleks, Edge of Distruction, and a condensed version of Marco Polo, in a collection called "The Beginnings."

Second Doctor: Tomb of the Cybermen.

Third Doctor: Spearhead from Space, Inferno, The Three Doctors.

Fourth Doctor: Pyramids of Mars, The Hand of Fear, The Robots of Death, the entire Key to Time season, City of Death.

Fifth Doctor: Earthshock, The Five Doctors.

Sixth Doctor: The Mark of the Rani, The Two Doctors

Seventh Doctor: The Curse of Fenric

I've all of the Target novelizations, somewhere in the basement.

I'm having to stick to the American DVD transfers, not having a region 2 player (and I'm not going to ask der B to get us one, no matter how much he begs).

The Eighth Doctor movie, aka The Enemy Within, is apparently tied up in legal glitches, which is why it's not out on DVD.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #341 on: December 27, 2006, 09:05:10 PM »

Taking a movie break - I feel like taking a nice hot shower, which I shall now do.
Just remember, nice hot showers do not like dirty movies, so be careful what you show her.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #342 on: December 27, 2006, 09:06:30 PM »

ROCKY is also on this year's list.  

Ick!

as is Blazing Saddles
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #343 on: December 27, 2006, 09:08:04 PM »

as is Blazing Saddles
Well, that at least makes sense.  It would be terrible if only the television-edited version were the only copy that existed.

"And always too soon."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #344 on: December 27, 2006, 09:08:35 PM »

I assume they've chosen the film "Fargo" in preference to preserving the city!

My loyalties are with Montana. (Don't ask why).

Nah, they dont speak like that in Fargo, only in the state of Minnesota...

Montana does have its good points but we do have a little dity here about Montana.

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #345 on: December 27, 2006, 09:08:36 PM »

Time for me to toddle.  Der B will no doubt log on soon.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #346 on: December 27, 2006, 09:15:21 PM »

Half past page twelve--past my bedtime here!

"I'm tired..."
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #347 on: December 27, 2006, 09:17:21 PM »

Most of what I had on tape is gone, lost during the move.

DVD:
First Doctor: An Unearthly Child, The Daleks, Edge of Distruction, and a condensed version of Marco Polo, in a collection called "The Beginnings."

I have The Chase and Unearthly Child on tape. I wonder if the Marco Polo story is part of what the BBC is trying to put out.
Second Doctor: Tomb of the Cybermen.

I have WarGames one tape and an audio record of Highlanders
Third Doctor: Spearhead from Space, Inferno, The Three Doctors.
I have the first two that you have posted along with Day of the Daleks. I do not have THree Doctors but I do want to see that.

Fourth Doctor: Pyramids of Mars, The Hand of Fear, The Robots of Death, the entire Key to Time season, City of Death.
I have most of these on tape and now Logopolis, Keeper of Traken, and Pyramids of Mars on DVD

Fifth Doctor: Earthshock, The Five Doctors.
The Five Doctors I also have and that was a hoot.

Sixth Doctor: The Mark of the Rani, The Two Doctors
I have Mark of the Rani, Revelation of the Daleks, The Two Doctors and two episodes of the Timelord on Trial. I was not particularly fond of the actor in this role.

Seventh Doctor: The Curse of Fenric
I also have Dragonfire, Remembrance of the Daleks, Delta and the Bannerman and Silver Nemesis.

The Eighth Doctor movie, aka The Enemy Within, is apparently tied up in legal glitches, which is why it's not out on DVD.

Bummer!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #348 on: December 27, 2006, 09:19:20 PM »

I also have the Dr Who movie from the 1960s that had Peter Cushing in it.

FJL

« Reply #349 on: December 27, 2006, 09:20:49 PM »

Wow, so much to read!

FJL

« Reply #350 on: December 27, 2006, 09:24:01 PM »

I was a tiny investor in the off-Bway production of DAS BARBECU, back at a time when I was making such investments.  Obviously, I lost my entire investment in that show, although I really liked the show, and I hadn't invested that much.  But fortunately, I had almost simultaneously invested a small amount in SMOKEY JOE'S CAFE, so i more than made up my loss on DAS BARBECU.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #351 on: December 27, 2006, 09:37:03 PM »

I was a tiny investor in the off-Bway production of DAS BARBECU, back at a time when I was making such investments.  Obviously, I lost my entire investment in that show, although I really liked the show, and I hadn't invested that much.  But fortunately, I had almost simultaneously invested a small amount in SMOKEY JOE'S CAFE, so i more than made up my loss on DAS BARBECU.

Define "small amount"?  ;)

And just how much does one have to invest in a show in order to have their name above the title?  And do all producers have to be "publicly" credited?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #352 on: December 27, 2006, 09:39:53 PM »

Good evening!

The party began well, the dinner was delicious, and then one of my friends got roaring drunk and spoiled the rest of the evening. (Boy friend dumped him a few days ago, and he's still grieving.)

But I got HARPER and INSIDE MAN and LIZA WITH A 'Z' and some others, so that was pleasing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #353 on: December 27, 2006, 09:41:54 PM »

Questions I would like answered too FJL.  Not necessarily on a public board though.  Sort of question some of us are never likely to answered elsewhere I guess.  
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #354 on: December 27, 2006, 09:43:14 PM »

When I got home, I raced to the TV to finish watching THE SEARCHERS. That magnificent resolution on the Blu-ray disc just couldn't wait until tomorrow to be concluded.

Some of the special features were ported over from the standard DVD, and I peeped at them, too. But seeing clips from the film in its unremastered state was almost painful after seeing such glorious images in the previous two hours.

Matt H.

« Reply #355 on: December 27, 2006, 09:49:51 PM »

I'm heading off to bed now.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #356 on: December 27, 2006, 09:53:42 PM »

Well, I believe I have that "You've had a long day, you're tired, and you need some sleep" headache, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #357 on: December 27, 2006, 10:01:09 PM »

Goodnight lads.
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #358 on: December 27, 2006, 10:01:38 PM »

And I don't even think it's because I'm OLD!

That didn't take long just six days ago you said:

I haven't joined the AARP yet

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

FJL

« Reply #359 on: December 27, 2006, 10:21:18 PM »

I have no knowledge of how much people have to invest to become producers.  I was never thinking anything along those types of sums.

This was the early 1990's, earned income was coming in quite nicely, so i gambled and invested $5,000 in DAS BARBECU and $10,000 in SMOKEY JOE'S CAFE.  These made me a very very tiny insignificant investor, and the continuous checks for SMOKEY JOE'S CAFE - which still come, by the way - more than made up for the total loss on DAS BARBECU (which I had very much believed in, not so by the way).

The knowledge I gained about the financial workings of a major off-Bway show and a Broadway show, one flop and one mild hit - priceless.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 10:23:03 PM by FJL »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up