Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES  (Read 41149 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2006, 11:05:37 AM »

If I'm reading my DC maps correctly, Woolly Mammoth is not far from the Hampton Inn where I've made a reservation.  It's near the Convention Center.

Nope not too far at all - a nice couple-blocks walk.  And there are some great restaurants around there too.  Just ask DR Jane.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2006, 11:06:50 AM »

DR JMK (or other who owns it) - does the WD Tin YOUR HOST WALT DISNEY contain the episode that includes the Mouseketeers trying to talk Mr Disney into producing The Rainbow Road to Oz?

Some sources say it was to be there, but it is not listed or reviewed as such at Amazon.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2006, 11:07:04 AM »

Yes. And I think "A Handful of Keys" would be a good title!

I'll save "A Handful of Keys" for Fats Waller.  However, the title of the book I've been working on - and off(!) - for the past couple of years, has a working title of "A View From The Bench".

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2006, 11:07:59 AM »

There's always Muscle Bench Party, Bench Blanket Bingo, or Bikini Bench.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2006, 11:08:12 AM »

Well, I need to head over to theatre office to take care of a fax, as well as some end-of-contract business...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2006, 11:10:08 AM »

Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a distinct slow down in overall system performance -- Particularly in the flower and jewelry applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0. In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5 and then installed undesirable programs such as NFL 5.0, NBA 3.0, and Golf Clubs 4.1.

Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail. What can I do?

Signed,
Desperate

Dear Desperate:

First keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package. While Husband 1.0 is an Operating System.

Please enter the command:"http: I Thought You Loved Me.HTML" and try to download Tears 6.2 and don't forget to install the Guilt 3.0 update. If that application works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5. But remember, overuse of the above application can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0 or Beer 6.1. Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will download the Snoring Loudly Beta.

Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-in-law 1.0 (it runs a virus in the background that will eventually seize control of all your system resources). Also, do not attempt to reinstall the Boyfriend 5.0 program. These are unsupported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider buying additional software to improve memory and performance. We recommend Food 3.0 and Hot Lingerie 7.7.

Good Luck,
Tech Support

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2006, 11:10:41 AM »

Good morning, all!  I'm sleeping too late the past few days. and I have been pondering the possible reasons.  

Might it be you are just tired from your travels and the holidays?  I wish I could sleep in late :)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2006, 11:11:58 AM »

And the word of the day is: PRINK!

PRINk!

Isn't that a sound effect from MAD Magazine?

der Brucer

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2006, 11:15:09 AM »

Nope not too far at all - a nice couple-blocks walk.  And there are some great restaurants around there too.  Just ask DR Jane.  ;)

DR Jane, care to elaborate?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2006, 11:17:02 AM »

DR derBRUCER - that made me LAUGH!!!

My suggestion is to get the bugs out of your Boyfriend 5.0 BEFORE uploading to Husband 1.0

Jane

« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2006, 11:19:09 AM »

Edisauris during our multiple moves I have seen some horrendous development but I think this is the worst yet.  How on earth that legally passed is beyond me.  Have you sold your current home?  

Your new home and setting is lovely.  We too have purchased home simply for the setting.  May your remodeling days ahead go smoothly.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2006, 11:23:41 AM »

Hey, DR Edi:

I got your DVD of LIFE AFTER TOMORROW into the mail before noon today. I don't know if that made any difference as far as when it would set out for your place of residence, but it's finally on its way.

You never can tell about the mails. Lately, it's been a week between getting an Amazon shipping notice e-mail and the actual delivery of the package.

Today, I got an Amazon order and the shipping notice from them was Wednesday so a mere two day turnover. You NEVER can tell!

Wednesday morning, I brought my Netflix movies to work to mail back because we have mail pick-up twice a day.  I got it in the mail tub in time for the morning pick-up at 11am.  Anyway, Wednesday afternoon, I got an e-mail from Netflix saying that they had received them!  I got another e-mail a little later Wednesday evening saying that my next movie ("The Thorn Birds:  The Missing Years," it's for my friend Margo...no, really, it is!!) had been shipped!  AND it arrived yesterday!  That's quick!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2006, 11:24:01 AM »

I agree with DRJANE - that is the WORST example of building next door EVER.

George

« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2006, 11:27:50 AM »

And only 3 miles from where I usually work! After 2 highway wrecks the past year, I'm ready for a shorter commute!

I hope to be able to walk to work when the weather is nice.

I love short commutes!!  I used to live about two miles from where I work and I now live less than a mile! :D I plan on walking also when the road construction is over (hopefully soon). :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2006, 11:31:08 AM »

Back from a jog - much easier today - it usually is easier when I have a lot of things to think about, which I did today.

George

« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2006, 11:38:13 AM »

Edisaurus, congrats on the new place!  The pictures make it seem like a wonderful place to move to. :)

And I can't believe that other people in the place you're leaving would allow that sort of construction to happen!  That's just wrong!

Jane

« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2006, 11:41:39 AM »

Ginny-In the Dupont Circle area (great place to walk, especially along Embassy Row) I had a fantastic meal at the Afgan Grill, a charming restaurant with food a bit like non-spicy Indian food with a Mediterranean flare.  If you get there be sure to try the pumpkin.

Jose and I had lunch at another wonderful restaurant which I don’t recall the name of (it began with a Z?) and I have no idea where I was.  Jose picked me up at the Library of Congress & drove me there.   So Jose, I’ll pass the details back to you.

In Georgetown, another great area to walk around, I was trilled to find a Thomas Sweet Ice Cream shop, so be sure to have stop in for ice cream if you are at 3214 P Street NW.  I had the butter brickle.  I recall the coffee and/or vanilla  health bar used to be good too.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2006, 11:47:40 AM »

DR JMK (or other who owns it) - does the WD Tin YOUR HOST WALT DISNEY contain the episode that includes the Mouseketeers trying to talk Mr Disney into producing The Rainbow Road to Oz?

Some sources say it was to be there, but it is not listed or reviewed as such at Amazon.

I haven't gotten that far yet, but I don't think it's on Disc 1, at least.  That one has the 5th anniversary of Disneyland episode, plus another kinescope of that event (plus maybe one other--the kids were playing army when Leonard Maltin was doing his intro thing).  I'll try to look at Disc 2 sometime this weekend and see if it's there.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2006, 11:52:31 AM »

Wednesday morning, I brought my Netflix movies to work to mail back because we have mail pick-up twice a day.  I got it in the mail tub in time for the morning pick-up at 11am.  Anyway, Wednesday afternoon, I got an e-mail from Netflix saying that they had received them!  I got another e-mail a little later Wednesday evening saying that my next movie ("The Thorn Birds:  The Missing Years," it's for my friend Margo...no, really, it is!!) had been shipped!  AND it arrived yesterday!  That's quick!

DR GEORGE,
I, too, have been amazed at how quickly Netflix turns orders around. When I first joined I did not expect the "1 day or so" response that they advertise. But they usually receive my return the next day and ship out the new one that same day. Isn't it interesting that my other mail seems to take much longer? I've often wondered if Netflix made some sort of special arrangement with the USPS. Does anyone know?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2006, 11:53:02 AM »

I shall shortly be on my way to lunch, after which, I shall return.  I have decided not to ship today, but will tomorrow morning - that way if any orders come in today I can send them along, too.

FJL

« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2006, 12:00:20 PM »

Bk - Having trouble getting zip files, since the stuffit expander is acting up.  could you resend what you were sending as a pdf?

George

« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2006, 12:00:49 PM »

DR GEORGE,
I, too, have been amazed at how quickly Netflix turns orders around. When I first joined I did not expect the "1 day or so" response that they advertise. But they usually receive my return the next day and ship out the new one that same day. Isn't it interesting that my other mail seems to take much longer? I've often wondered if Netflix made some sort of special arrangement with the USPS. Does anyone know?

Maybe they're in league with the devil!! :o

;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2006, 12:05:07 PM »

Maybe they're in league with the devil!! :o

;)

I think that's Blockbuster!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2006, 12:05:12 PM »

MY STUFFIT EXPANDER IS ACTING UP - that's the title of my next...well, it sounds like a title of something.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2006, 12:15:15 PM »

Jose and I had lunch at another wonderful restaurant which I don’t recall the name of (it began with a Z?) and I have no idea where I was.  Jose picked me up at the Library of Congress & drove me there.   So Jose, I’ll pass the details back to you.

ZAYTINYA

It's a mezze restaurant.  Lots of little dishes from the Eastern Mediterranean: Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Egypt, etc.  They also some worthwhile main dishes, but the mezze are the way to go, and they're perfect for sharing.  Just order a couple for the table, along with some wine if you so desire, and you're all set for a wonderful meal.  It can get quite busy and hectic in there, so I usually suggest going there in the mid-afternoon between the lunch and after-work rush.  However, at night, with all the candles lit up, it's quite a nice room to dine in.

Zaytinya is one of the sister restaurant's to chef, Jose Andres, first restaurant,
JALEO,
which is a tapas restaurant.  Another "small plates" affair, this time focusing on the food of Spain. *And I highly recommend splurging on the White Sangria there with your meal.

And if you want to try out the small plates of Mexico, he has another restaurant
OYAMEL.
 Alas, it's currently closed - he's moving it from one location to a new one, but it should be open by the time you make your trip to DC.

Then there's also his South American restaurant,
CAFE ATLANTICO,
which is also the home of
MINIBAR.
 Cafe Atlantico is more of a formal sit-down restaurant, while miniBar is a chance to experience quite the culinary odyssey.  -It's a bit hard to explain, so check out the website for details.  However, I do have to say, that they do some amazing and delicious things there with crushed Altoids, various foams, syringes, cotton candy, vaporizers and foie gras.  -Among other things.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2006, 12:22:23 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to lunch, after which, I shall return.  I have decided not to ship today, but will tomorrow morning - that way if any orders come in today I can send them along, too.

Hmm... My computer/Safari doesn't seem to be agreeing with kritzerland.com right now... Although, this also seems to be the time of day when the Verizon service here tends to get a little klunky, so... I'll try again in a few.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2006, 12:27:55 PM »

DRs Jane and Jose - thanks for the DC info.  I've pasted it all into an email and sent to myself at home.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

François

« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2006, 12:38:05 PM »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2006, 12:38:19 PM »

This is what we're running away from---a 5 story loft that was plunked down right in the middle of our National Register Historic District.

Looks like reasonable precautions are being taken to defend the area from re-invasion by the Damnyankees.

Nicely protected arches from which to fire cannon, and well positioned windows to harbor rifleman.

What's not to love :D

der Brucer

François

« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2006, 12:39:25 PM »

... and it seems it HAS what you're looking for!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up