Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY BEFORE THE FINAL DAY OF 2006  (Read 36701 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE DAY BEFORE THE FINAL DAY OF 2006
« Reply #240 on: December 30, 2006, 08:23:52 PM »

Bon Anniversaire, Chère Lectrice DakotaCelt!

Merci Francois!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: December 30, 2006, 08:24:55 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAKOTACELT![/size]

Hope you had a grand day! :)

Thank you for the wishes Jane!!

I had a lovely meal with DBF at Santa Lucia
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #242 on: December 30, 2006, 08:25:28 PM »

I also watched the "Making of" documentary on the disc. It was a 30 minute behind the scenes look, but pretty surface information.

I have to say that it was fun seeing such favorites as William Fitchner, Dan Butler, Jason Robards, and some other famous faces in small but interesting roles.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #243 on: December 30, 2006, 08:26:26 PM »

If you're a David Hyde Pierce fan, he's wonderful in Curtains http://www.curtainsthemusical.com/, he has the lead and I think it's a perfect role for him.

It looked from their website that it doesn't open until Feb. Did you get to see a preview? Maybe I'll try to get tickets for when we come back in March...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #244 on: December 30, 2006, 08:27:05 PM »

Happy B-Day DR Dakota!!!!

I just watched Arsenic and Old Lace with Cary Grant, and now Im going to watch Double Indemnity. Yay for holiday weekends.

Thank you for the birthday greetings Adriana!

You will enjoy Double Indemnity. It is one of my favorite movies.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #245 on: December 30, 2006, 08:29:10 PM »

Several of us here are BIG fans of UGLY BETTY. I think it's the year's best new comedy.

I will agree with you on that Matt. I have greatly enjoyed that show.

Matt H.

« Reply #246 on: December 30, 2006, 08:29:11 PM »

Next, I put in SILENT MOVIE. I hadn't seen it in many years. Brooks has some funny gags in the movie, but what he was painfully unable to do was build a gag, and then milk it for all its worth. He had these great set-ups, and he'd get one joke out of them. Chaplin or Keaton would have taken the same set-up and found fifteen minutes' worth of hilarious stuff instead of fifteen seconds' worth.

It was nice to see Burt Reynolds and James Caan in their stunning primes, and Anne Bancroft's sequence was funnier than all of the other guest stars' scenes put together.

Cillaliz

« Reply #247 on: December 30, 2006, 08:30:26 PM »

I will probably stay at Peter's---and our opening is March 23rd at the Quad Cinema:

http://www.quadcinema.com/static/quadcinema/coming.php

but I will be coming up for a day or two around our Boston opening on Jan 17th.

Here's a show you couldn't PAY me to see:
http://www.stereogum.com/archives/003805.html

I think it's already closed...

If you were looking for a show in January, Curtains won't be it. It starts previews Feb 27 and tickets aren't on sale yet.  (Jan 7 for AMEX  and sometime after that for the rest of the world)

Matt H.

« Reply #248 on: December 30, 2006, 08:31:42 PM »

After that, I put on a CSI episode which I had only the vaguest memories of having seen. This one involved two cases - one, a separated couple fighting over ownership of their dog and the other a man who literally ate himself to death.

Good show.

Cillaliz

« Reply #249 on: December 30, 2006, 08:31:44 PM »

It looked from their website that it doesn't open until Feb. Did you get to see a preview? Maybe I'll try to get tickets for when we come back in March...

I saw it a couple times in L.A. last summer for it's pre-Broadway run
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 08:33:09 PM by Cillaliz »

Matt H.

« Reply #250 on: December 30, 2006, 08:33:36 PM »

I had about 25 minutes left, so I flipped over to HBO which was reshowing ELIZABETH I, and I watched almost a half hour of it.

I haven't bought the DVD of it yet, but I keep meaning to as it's a wonderful four hour production. For a long while, I had it on the DVR, but I needed the space at one point and deleted it thinking I'd buy the DVDs later. I still haven't gotten around to doing that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #251 on: December 30, 2006, 08:34:06 PM »

If people are going to be around tomorrow night, wouldn't it be fun to do a live chat? BK, what do you think?

Matt H.

« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2006, 08:51:31 PM »

Off to bed now.

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: December 30, 2006, 09:00:46 PM »

That could be fun Cilla..

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #254 on: December 30, 2006, 09:02:24 PM »

I heard a woman at the supermarket, today, say that Saddam Hussein was hung.  Anyone have any info on that?

Like Auntie Mame was hung??

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #255 on: December 30, 2006, 09:05:51 PM »

I just might be here tomorrow night.  The party I was planning on attending is a bit of a trek of travel and it's supposed to rain cats and dogs all tomorrow night long.  I think I rather stay dry and cozy at home and watch Garrison Keillor's A Prairie Home New Year.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #256 on: December 30, 2006, 09:06:22 PM »

BK wrote:  "Just sold a Last Starfighter on CD Baby.  They alert me whenever anything sells."

And every time that happens, a Jew in Manhattan jumps up and dances.

Congratulations! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: December 30, 2006, 09:15:06 PM »

Decided to watch The VIPs, which I haven't seen in years.  Very entertaining so far, and I'll have more to say in the notes, because there's a very interesting story to go along with the film.

George

« Reply #258 on: December 30, 2006, 09:18:46 PM »

Looks nice!

I had my eyes examined yesterday, several years overdue. This was my token nod to those people who think I should have my head examined.

Hey...you gotta start somewhere. :)

George

« Reply #259 on: December 30, 2006, 09:25:58 PM »

Several of us here are BIG fans of UGLY BETTY. I think it's the year's best new comedy.

I really like this show!  I think it's well written, well acted and has lots of heart.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 09:26:13 PM by George »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #260 on: December 30, 2006, 09:28:53 PM »

I might be here tomorrow night too...

We do close tomorrow night, and there will be a party.  And it's also New Year's Eve, and there will be a party for that too.  In fact, it will be the same party.  And since I've never really been one for Closing Night Parties, nor New Year's Eve Parties...  I'm thinking I might just hang out for a bit after breaking down my equipment in the pit, make sure I say a proper, in-person goodbye to the cast and crew...  Then head back here to watch the festivities on TV... and be a part of the HHW festivities too.  We'll see how things go.  -And since the show will end a little after 10:00, I could still make the rounds for a good 45 minutes before heading back here...  Decisions, decisions...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #261 on: December 30, 2006, 09:32:54 PM »

If people are going to be around tomorrow night, wouldn't it be fun to do a live chat? BK, what do you think?

I'm going out to dinner with my family.  Our reservations are for 6:30, but I plan to come home after that.  Maybe we'll go to my sister's house, but I don't plan on being out late...or to go anywhere else.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #262 on: December 30, 2006, 09:35:16 PM »

Well, I believe this dull headache is telling me to get some sleep now, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #263 on: December 30, 2006, 09:39:53 PM »

Like the new avatar Dan!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #264 on: December 30, 2006, 10:28:32 PM »

I'm going to tell a GREAT story now...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2006, 10:30:40 PM »

In the How Much Do We Love The Internet Department:

As some of you know, way back in 1969 I lived for one year in New York, Brooklyn to be exact.  It's why I set Writer's Block in that year, and a lot of the detail in that book is from personal rememberances of that time.  I went to be an actor, but only ended up doing one show - in summer stock at Lake Swananoa in New Jersey.  I did Stop The World, I Want To Get Off there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #266 on: December 30, 2006, 10:33:14 PM »

So, tonight I get an e-mail from someone asking if I was the same BK that had done Stop The World in the late 60s in New Jersey.  I immediately wrote back and said indeed I was.  The gal wrote back and told me that her brother played Littlechap, Jr. in the show, and she, as a twelve year old, did his makeup.  How insane is THAT?  I love stuff like this, I really, really do.  She's already written back and we're having a nice e-mail volley.  She's an artist now, and married to a composer.  And THAT'S what I love about the Internet.  I've asked her if they have a program from the show, because I certainly don't, and it would be great to have it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: December 30, 2006, 10:33:50 PM »

Isn't that a grand story?

I've finished with The VIPs - what fun!  Have to start something else now.

MBarnum

« Reply #268 on: December 30, 2006, 10:36:07 PM »

Did she say what her brother is doing now, BK?

MBarnum

« Reply #269 on: December 30, 2006, 10:38:33 PM »

My viewing of PEYTON PLACE was goind along swell....coincidently, I even got an e-mail from Scotty Morrow this afternoon and he played Selena's brother in the movie...well, just as Selena's step father shows up at the house on Christmas eve the DVD goes all wacky and pixilated and kept freezing!

Doggone it!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up