Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEDNESDAY THAT FELT LIKE A WEDNESDAY  (Read 73797 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE WEDNESDAY THAT FELT LIKE A WEDNESDAY
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2007, 09:06:26 AM »

One word to describe HHW'ers Day:

Mr BK: Driven

DR JOSESPIANO - Talented

DR MBARNUM - Classic

DR ELMORE - Droll
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2007, 09:06:58 AM »

Page Three

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]DICTIONARY[/move]

Dance.   8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2007, 09:13:26 AM »

Bank and Post Office.

Last year I NEVER received my Federal Income Tax Form, and by the time I went to get one at the P.O. or Library - the supply was exhausted.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2007, 09:19:15 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the dry cleaners, then to pick up assistant, then to the theater.  Keep the home fries burning until my returning.

FJL

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2007, 09:29:19 AM »

Interesting stuff about the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  But I'm confused:  If you knew someone who meets the criteria for being nominated - does the $15,000 have to be committed and in place just to nominate someone, or is it that once the person is accepted, you can then go about trying to raise the $15,000 to cover the costs?

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2007, 09:29:50 AM »

RE AMERICAN IDOL:

BTW, I really did like the Navy man who was chosen to go on. I think he will be very, very popular.

He seemed sweet and his voice was good, but i wonder how much people will like him.  Some contestants have been better looking with less singing talent.  Although we don't even know how far he will make it in the competition.

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2007, 09:35:48 AM »

DR Jennifer:  re: The blond guy on "AI"....it was a bit difficult following what he was saying, but the way I took it was that his parents weren't there due to monetary issues...that they have supported him in many other ways for his singing but that this was an expense they decided they couldn't bear.  They were able to send their kid, however.

I didn't take it that way mainly because when he called his mom at the end he was crying and saying "she's proud of me".

HE did say that his school choir and other things were expensive.  But i guess it was not completely clear how much his parents supported him.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2007, 09:39:35 AM »

Bank and Post Office.

Last year I NEVER received my Federal Income Tax Form, and by the time I went to get one at the P.O. or Library - the supply was exhausted.

Aren't tax forms available online these day?  For that matter, is there a site to do your federal taxes online and submit them?  I know PA and NJ has such sites for state taxes.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2007, 09:43:51 AM »

I thought Joyce and Uchenna won their season in THE AMAZING RACE.

Will have to see the teams before I choose - but there are a couple I didn't like the first time, so I doubt that I will wish them well!

Yes Joyce and Uchenna did win TAR 7. They actually beat rob and amber. They are the only winners who are returning.

Of all the teams my favorites are romber and the beauty queens.

There are certain other teams who i think are nice but not competitive (dave and mary ...).

I never liked the older couple terri and ian (although apparently they came in 2nd in their year). I do not remember that.

I actually quite liked charla and mirna. I forget which one is the non-midget. But that cousin was very bright and well-travelled.

I will also be very interesting to see the new couple danielle and eric. He was from eric and jeremy and they did well. So i wonder how he will do with a different partner.

Kevin and drew were funny. I remember hating the guidos but they were fun. I think jill and john vito were boring (allstars???).

I think CBS has a different idea of allstars than i do. They would prefer to take teams that are well liked. Me i would take the most competitive teams (like romber and the beauties).

Going into the season i think romber should do very well.

If i had to speculate who will win i would say them. And i also think the beauty queens could do well (although anything can happen).  It will be intersting to see how some teams like joyce and uchenna will do. I never thought they were particularly strong.

I suspect dave and mary will go early.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2007, 09:46:37 AM »

He seemed sweet and his voice was good, but i wonder how much people will like him.  Some contestants have been better looking with less singing talent.  Although we don't even know how far he will make it in the competition.

Better-looking?  Ruben?  Taylor?  Fantasia?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2007, 09:49:16 AM »

I didn't take it that way mainly because when he called his mom at the end he was crying and saying "she's proud of me".

HE did say that his school choir and other things were expensive.  But i guess it was not completely clear how much his parents supported him.

Well...to me, that was in line with all that I thought I understood.  They weren't AGAINST his being there...they just couldn't afford to be there...and that was what he regretted.  His mother was totally excited for him...and his crying was a perfectly logical reaction to having his mom express that excitement.

I don't think a 16-year-old boy is going to do much of anything without total parental consent and support.  Sometimes, though, parents cannot financially attend every function because the costs run high.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2007, 09:49:30 AM »

Re: last night's "American Idol".

What a HOOT the entire Minneapolis show was, though...the dad who said he is "pleased as punch" that his son can sing (he can't).  The distinctive accents and pronunciations were just priceless.  We might have been at auditions for extras for "Fargo."

Ron, only Minnesota speaks like that... :-)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2007, 09:50:56 AM »

Ron, only Minnesota speaks like that... :-)

And the cat of "Fargo".

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2007, 09:51:19 AM »

Even if PASSIONS is cancelled in September, it's too long a wait for such an inept piece of lousy writing.

It should have been cancelled in 1999... better yet never allowed to air!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2007, 09:58:13 AM »

I guess PASSIONS had to go primarily to make room for The Today's Show additional hour that's coming in the fall.  But where am I going to go for my Juliet Mills fix?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2007, 09:58:22 AM »

Re: American Idol.

I actually liked that girl in the army reserve.  It's not always totally about being the best singer.  She just had so much personality. I'm glad that she at least got to go to hollywood.

One story they told that was interesting/odd was the husband/wife who flew in their secretary to sing.  It was so weird hearing her sing with her boss there (vs when he wasn't).  I wonder if she would have gone through if she had sung like that originally.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2007, 10:00:04 AM »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2007, 10:01:39 AM »

I guess PASSIONS had to go primarily to make room for The Today's Show additional hour that's coming in the fall.  But where am I going to go for my Juliet Mills fix?

I could really care less for four hours of Matt, Al, Anne and Meredith....

Hmmm, Let me look around I might be able to fix the addition of Juliet for you.. On the soap boards there are probably some Juliet fans.

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2007, 10:02:53 AM »

Well...to me, that was in line with all that I thought I understood.  They weren't AGAINST his being there...they just couldn't afford to be there...and that was what he regretted.  His mother was totally excited for him...and his crying was a perfectly logical reaction to having his mom express that excitement.

I don't think a 16-year-old boy is going to do much of anything without total parental consent and support.  Sometimes, though, parents cannot financially attend every function because the costs run high.

I'm still not sure that the point was that the parents did not fully support him.

When he mentioned how much everything cost i didn't take it to mean that they couldn't afford to go to the idol auditions.  Where was he from anyway?  I took it to mean that they didn't fully support him and that singing was really expensive.

It was just the way that he said, "she's proud of me".  If she just simply couldn't afford to go to the auditions then he still would have expected her to be proud.

He went on and on about how it made him feel that everyone else had family there supporting them.  Although who knows the real story. I guess it's up for interpretation although you could very well be right.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2007, 10:09:57 AM »

Now, if there's really a God, He'll see NBC cancels DAYS OF OUR LIVES and rid the world of more pathetic acting attempts.  I haven't heard such whispers and whines that pass as acting from its leads in a long time!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2007, 10:27:43 AM »

There must be a good drag show in a large city within your radius!  Most of the women on PASSIONS are either bimbos or drag queens, the writing's so pathetic.

Well, I'm cranky!  I've torn this place apart and I cannot find my rent bill.  I wonder if I can live on DR MBarnum's fire escape.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 10:56:28 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2007, 10:30:12 AM »

You MUST pay the rent!  Or write a musical about it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2007, 10:31:57 AM »

Yes, the forms are available online DR FJL.  And there are several places to file.  

I want the instruction booklet and don't want to DOWNLOAD and PRINT all those pages - so I thought this would be easier.

I still don't understand the cost-saving measure of doing away with the E-File.  Instead of processing several hundred thousand phone call submissions, they get ALL of those returns ON PAPER.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2007, 10:32:44 AM »

DR ELMORE - when I hear a lot of those people on soaps talking about their skill...they mainly seem to concentrate on HOW many pages they do a day, as if memorization was the true hallmark of acting.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2007, 10:36:06 AM »

Now, if there's really a God, He'll see NBC cancels DAYS OF OUR LIVES and rid the world of more pathetic acting attempts.  I haven't heard such whispers and whines that pass as acting from its leads in a long time!

I would not be surprised, Ken Corday has destoryed his parents own show. At one time they did have decent actors. In hindsight, maybe Days did Matt a favour.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2007, 10:36:59 AM »

There must be a good drag show in a large city within your radius!  Most of the women on PASSIONS are either bimbos or drag queens, the writing's so pathetic.

Well, I'm cranky!  I've torn this place apart and I cannot find my rent bill.  IK wonder if I can live on DR MBarnum's fire escape.

The headwriter plays with barbie dolls

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2007, 10:39:46 AM »

God, let me see

Marlena, John, Belle, Shawn, Max, Willow Chelsea,.... Those are a few characters I have seen ripped on the boards

I am not a Dee Hall fan... The woman cannot act

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2007, 10:41:35 AM »

Yes, that is the way he wrote them on both Passions and Days. Soapfans on all the boards called the headwriter of Passions "JERk"
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 10:43:55 AM by DakotaCelt »

FJL

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »

JRand - re your post #82 - are you confusing me with DR DtM?  I would never give such practical advice; I'd tell you to spend loads of money and have it done by a licensed tax man.  :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2007, 10:58:30 AM »

JRand - re your post #82 - are you confusing me with DR DtM?  I would never give such practical advice; I'd tell you to spend loads of money and have it done by a licensed tax man.  :)

It works for me!  I can't balance a checkbook, and tax forms send me into a coma.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up