Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down

Author Topic: FINE FETTLE  (Read 106709 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:FINE FETTLE
« Reply #480 on: January 28, 2007, 09:12:57 PM »

As for the GREASE voting. I did vote for Austin and Chad. Neither line was ever busy during the entire two hours of calling time. I didn't call everyone's line like I do with AMERICAN IDOL to see who's busy, and who isn't, but I get the feeling that show's mediocre ratings haven't prompted an outpouring of calling to tie up the phone lines.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

FJL

« Reply #481 on: January 28, 2007, 09:12:58 PM »

And one for Marshall

FJL

« Reply #482 on: January 28, 2007, 09:13:44 PM »

A little late, but one for Marshall anyway

FJL

« Reply #483 on: January 28, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »

It's quantity of postings, not quality - that's what WE'RE talkin' about

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #484 on: January 28, 2007, 09:14:53 PM »

Did anyone watch the SAG awards?

I was just going to ask that very thing! My TNT producers are all out in LA working on the show. Kyra lost! :-(
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

FJL

« Reply #485 on: January 28, 2007, 09:15:31 PM »

Will Julianna ever sing "Let's Give Them Something to Talk About" as she did during one of the prelim rounds?

FJL

« Reply #486 on: January 28, 2007, 09:16:14 PM »

Matt - Now you tell me.  we could have done And One for Mowgli  :)

Hey, what happened to the Jungle Book dance?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 09:16:54 PM by FJL »

Edisaurus

« Reply #487 on: January 28, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »

Edi, if you have a very long link, put it in between (url) and (/url)  but use brackets "[" and "]" instead of "(" and ")" and don't put in any spaces.  I fixed it in the quote above. :)

Thanks, George!

The author of the book is the father of Quinn, my godson. It's a funny, Dr. Seussy-type book with very nice illustrations.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #488 on: January 28, 2007, 09:18:47 PM »

OK---time to hit the hay!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #489 on: January 28, 2007, 09:19:06 PM »

Me too!

Thanks for the birthday wishes to my DH too, George!

You're welcome! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #490 on: January 28, 2007, 09:19:40 PM »

Page Seventeen JUNGLE BOOK Dance!!!

(here it is, DR FJL!)

Matt H.

« Reply #491 on: January 28, 2007, 09:21:15 PM »

I was just going to ask that very thing! My TNT producers are all out in LA working on the show. Kyra lost! :-(

I know. I was disappointed about that. As much as I like the actress who won, she didn't deserve this award. In fact, of the five nominated ladies, I would have put the winner fourth.

FJL

« Reply #492 on: January 28, 2007, 09:21:36 PM »

BK - Skip just mentioned that he may know someone connected with that theater,   or soemthign like that, and may try to get an aisle for me that way.  

How nice that they're selling so well, though.

Matt H.

« Reply #493 on: January 28, 2007, 09:22:52 PM »

Well, I'm heading for bed now.

Good night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #494 on: January 28, 2007, 09:24:19 PM »

Ah, but I did see the Closer promo that mentioned the Golden Globe win, I assume that you were the fabulous film editor for that spot

Cillaliz

« Reply #495 on: January 28, 2007, 09:30:31 PM »

I'm off to bed. Night all

George

« Reply #496 on: January 28, 2007, 09:31:16 PM »

I just saw a commercial for "Cinderella III - A Twist in Time."  CINDERELLA 3???? :P What is the world coming to?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #497 on: January 28, 2007, 09:31:56 PM »

Now I'm almost sorry I missed the Grease show and whatever made it so vomitrocious. Almost.

I really don't have anything else to say because I didn't watch the SAG award show either.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

George

« Reply #498 on: January 28, 2007, 09:51:06 PM »

Just spoke to Mr. Grant Geissman and today is the day when we finally fix whatever problem happened to the Kritzer Time CD - when he transfered our mix to CD all the vocals were sunk in reverb so thick I sound like I'm four blocks away from the band - something got screwy somewhere, because I would never have something like that, and it's bugged me and it's why I haven't fulfilled requests for that CD in years.  So, we'll redo it today, and then I may just put all three Kritzer CDs onto one CD and have some copies made up.

I think that it's a very good idea!  You want to give Guy Haines' fans the chance to hear EVERY song that he's has recorded, don't you? :D

George

« Reply #499 on: January 28, 2007, 09:51:52 PM »

And since we're so close...

George

« Reply #500 on: January 28, 2007, 09:52:50 PM »

POST #500!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #501 on: January 28, 2007, 10:09:27 PM »

And now Post 501!!!!!!!!

-Speaking of which... I've never been a button-fly jeans man.  What about you?
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #502 on: January 28, 2007, 10:16:13 PM »

And now Post 501!!!!!!!!

-Speaking of which... I've never been a button-fly jeans man.  What about you?

I don't think they make them in my size. :-\

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #503 on: January 28, 2007, 10:26:21 PM »

Good Evening!  Good Morning!

Well, after about three hours of sorting...

To my friend's consignment store: 60+ plush animals (teddy bears, monkeys, Beanie Babies, Micky's, Minnie's, etc.), a Charlie the Tuna novelty phone (I have no idea where I picked that up), and old, portable inkjet printer, two CD players, some coffee table art books, etc., etc., etc.

Set aside for Goodwill: Clothes!  Sweaters, sweatshirts, shorts, pants, etc., etc., etc.  -I'm amazed I actually kept some of these clothes during my last "sort and purge" - about 90% of them were already too big for me by then.  -And three boxes of books from a "library" that I "inherited" from someone else.

In the trash: Some clothes, some old papers, some paperback books that are falling apart, etc., etc., etc.

So...  It was kind of cathartic going through all that stuff.  Many things were easy to let go, but I did come across some things that I had to think about for a second or two.  And, yes, I did end up keeping some things.  But they all fit into one medium-sized plastic crate.

Alas, there are at least 10 file boxes of "stuff" - old receipts, old programs, papers, pictures, knick-knacks, etc., etc., etc.  And, yes, I should have gone through those boxes while I was down here at the end of last year, but... I can't get upset about it.  I'm thinking I'm going to leave a couple of boxes down here, and take care of them at some later date.  But I'm also thinking I should just go ahead and load everything onto the truck on Tuesday, take it all up to New York, and have it take up floor and shelf space in my room.  I just need to be reminded about all of it.  Everyday.  And since it's all been "out of sight, out of mind" for the past two, three years... I need to actually do something about it.  Now.  And I really don't need anything else "keeping" me in Richmond or Fairfax.  Especially if it's a just a box of junk papers.

-And, yes, I do have more "boxes of stuff" in my storage unit in Richmond, so...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 10:28:49 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #504 on: January 28, 2007, 10:28:29 PM »

I'm listening (again) to a wonderful, bizarre and enjoyabe collection of "Random" songs from Rodzinski's collection of the obscure and surreal.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #505 on: January 28, 2007, 10:31:43 PM »

Finished watching the completely weird Performance.  Next will be either Ginger and Fred or Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner.

George

« Reply #506 on: January 28, 2007, 10:34:38 PM »

Earlier today, my parents came over and brought me my birthday present!  Of course, my birthday isn't until May, but I'll take it.  My parents bought me a new dining table!  I really like the Ikea table that my sister gave me so why do I need a new table and chairs?  Okay, I do need new chairs (a couple have legs that are breaking) but I like the table I have.  Anyway, it turns out that my sister said that she wanted to give the table (but not the chairs) to a woman that she works with, so my parents went ahead and bought me a new table.  Anyway, they brought it over and my dad and I set it up and as much as I like the Ikea table, this new one is really nice!  I like it a lot and it matches with everything that I have. :) Here's a picture of the table and chairs (the candle is one that my mom brought over from her house):

Tomovoz

« Reply #507 on: January 28, 2007, 10:35:35 PM »

I may be brave and revisit some MBarnum Bollywood music later.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #508 on: January 28, 2007, 10:35:40 PM »

Here's a picture looking at it towards the kitchen:

George

« Reply #509 on: January 28, 2007, 10:38:10 PM »

What's really cool is that the wrought-iron chairs match my wrought-iron wall clock.  Here's a close up of that:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 10:38:57 PM by George »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up