Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: DAMN THE TORPEDOES, FULL SPEED AHEAD  (Read 90974 times)

Ben

Re:DAMN THE TORPEDOES, FULL SPEED AHEAD
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2007, 04:32:15 AM »

And here we are.

Bye for now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2007, 05:04:04 AM »

Good morning, I seem to be all alone.

Cillaliz

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2007, 05:06:33 AM »

I must don the long johns and bundle up so I can drive to a meeting a couple hours from here.  The downside, it's below zero and windy.  The upside, the meeting is near where my parents live so I get to see them today

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2007, 05:06:47 AM »

Good morning, I seem to be all alone.

I'm here for a second!  Hello, dear!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2007, 05:07:04 AM »

Morning elmore

Cillaliz

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2007, 05:07:35 AM »

I must go now. Take care

Michael

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2007, 05:17:42 AM »

And the word of the day is: KATZENJAMMER!

You got to be KIDDING
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2007, 05:18:00 AM »

TOD

Don't know how to answer this one
Never stop dreaming.

Kerry

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2007, 05:28:45 AM »

Good Morning, One and All and All and One,

TOD:  Perplexing thing?  I'd have to see either tying my shoelaces or telling time.  The concepts of either one were hard to grasp no matter how people tried to explain it.  And then one day, Voila!!!  It all made sense.

I've been telling time and tying my shoelaces all on my own now for about 2 or 3 years!  Go know!

Such watch!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 05:29:16 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2007, 05:48:56 AM »

TOD - imaginary numbers. I could do what I needed to do to get the answer, but I could never figure out the point.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2007, 05:57:20 AM »

Math was never my strong suit, either....even now!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2007, 05:58:41 AM »

For DR TPUNK - I will second DR MATTH's suggestion of BIG EDEN and add a German film called THE TRIO with Gotz George....

Father, daughter, and his lover are a trio of pickpockets.  When the lover is injured a NEW person comes into the mix.  And of course both of the pickpockets fall in love with him.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2007, 05:58:57 AM »

So DR ELMORE has a ranch out west?  Who knew?

Jennifer

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2007, 06:02:55 AM »

Re: last night's HEROES.

SPOILERS.

Am I the only one who thinks they give way too much away in the previews? I didn't find anything particularly surprising. They showed claire calling her mother repeatedly on the promos and the previews.  The one thing that i did find totally surprising was near the end when i thought peter had flown out the window.

I am so glad that claire found a way to reunite with zach. I don't know why but there scenes are my favorite. So now claire is now one of my top heroes to watch.  I also absolutely love hiro. He is so sweet. The only thing is that i wish he would start talking english more (as i have to lean towards the tv to read the subtitles).

I don't hate niki as much as usual. The stuff with the shrink is the most interesting thing i've seen from her.  And of course micah's revelation was promoted heavily (didn't they even show him saying his final line??)

Matt is getting very boring to me. Although his last line was cute. The sylar thing was predictable (to me). And i could swear the hiro revelation was also spoiled somehow (don't remember how but was not surprised at all).

One thing that i actually did find quite interesting was when father bennett saw the windchimes. Does he now know about claire and the haitian?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 06:05:02 AM by Jennifer »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2007, 06:05:36 AM »

TOD:

In high school, I had a hell of a time with math--algebra, geometry, calc--I could not grasp the concepts and my grades showed for it.  During my initial tenure in college, I avoided my math requirements all together.  But then I learned computer programming and something clicked and I suddenly became a math genius.  When I went back to finish college, I took my math classes and aced them without a sweat.

One thing that I've never have been able to completely comprehend is chess.  I know some of the basic rules but I've never understood such simple moves such as castling or rooking or what a French Defense or King's Gambit is.  I even tried a few PC games to learn but they advanced too quickly for me to follow.  It is something that I someday hope to thouroughly learn.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2007, 06:06:31 AM »

This is such a good recap for last night's HEROES:

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/articles/content/a12783/

FJL

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2007, 06:22:30 AM »

Did I miss it, or did no one already point out that AVID spelled backwards is DIVA?

FJL

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2007, 06:25:59 AM »

TOD:  The most limiting thing I could never get the knack of is driving, or more specifically parking.  

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2007, 06:26:02 AM »

Re:  HEROES

***  SPOILERS GALORE  ***
Re: last night's HEROES.

SPOILERS.

Am I the only one who thinks they give way too much away in the previews? I didn't find anything particularly surprising. They showed claire calling her mother repeatedly on the promos and the previews.  The one thing that i did find totally surprising was near the end when i thought peter had flown out the window.

Yeah, I hate how much they give away in previews, too.  We knew that Skyler was going to speak to HRG, that Micha was going to reveal his secret to his dad, and that Clair was going to contact her mother.  And the identity of the "Big Boss" that Hiro and Andro were being brought to had been revealed weeks ago in the various entertainment news columns.  The only real surprises were Matt's wife's pregnancy and Clair's mother's cigarette-lighting trick.

So who do you think is Clair's real father?  I'm thinking that it's either Niki's father (it did look like a large man in the previews) or that it's actually HRG, since he does seem to really and truly care for Clair.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 06:27:11 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2007, 06:30:13 AM »

TOD:  The most limiting thing I could never get the knack of is driving, or more specifically parking.  

DR FJL,  I could not parallel park to save my life until I was in my mid 30's.  It became extremely necessary to learn once I started living in the city.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2007, 06:32:41 AM »

Yes, the basics of chess have always eluded me. I tried to play a few times as a youngster but it never made any sense to me so I let it go. I still don't know how to play and have no desire to learn.

Ben

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2007, 06:33:58 AM »

I drive decently but my parallel parking skills are not strong. Since I drive about once a year and avoid PPing when I do it's not much of a problem anymore.

FJL

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2007, 06:53:10 AM »

When I took my driving test so many years ago, IIRC, i did fine in terms of those points they deduct during the driving part, but went way over my limit of points in the parking portion of the test.  But i never felt fully comfortable behind the wheel, so i just didn't bother.  No regrets for now, it's just a fact of my life, but there are some (so far, minor) inconveniences, like when we were out at the Seattle-area festival last summer and needed the help of others (for example, the wonderful PennyO) to get around to social functions and such.

FJL

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2007, 06:54:46 AM »

Actually, that was great to "need" PennyO to drive us in Seattle, because it gave us more time with her, which was just lovely.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2007, 07:08:38 AM »

I have been driving since I was 17.  I have only had to parallel park twice in my life!  

I hate left turns at busy stoplights (when there are no Left Turn lanes or signals).  People who don't use turn signals.  People who are turning onto a street and will not wait for you to pass, even though there is NO ONE behind you - and then they turn left after one block.

People who drive and talk on the telephone.  People who are out of their lanes making it difficult for you to turn onto a street.

Maybe I should just stop driving, too. :)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2007, 07:14:42 AM »

Good morning everyone. Thanks again for all of the film suggestions.  And FJL, I'm going to screen Friends and Family and if the steering committee decides to add it to the line up, I might just take you up on your offer.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2007, 07:33:24 AM »

My biggest gripe about driving these days is not always being able to see beyond the vehicle that's just ahead of you because it's a humongo SUV.  With more and more of these gas gugglers on the road, it's more and more of an issue when one still drives a sedan.  The stupid thing is that this is one of the reasons I'm thinking of making the switch over to one.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 07:33:46 AM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2007, 07:35:38 AM »

I've never learned how to tap dance.  I would love to be able to do a basic step or two.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2007, 07:38:24 AM »

TPunk - Here is the website for FRIENDS AND FAMILY, in case it helps.  It hasn't been updated in a while, but it might give you an idea of whether it's appropriate.

http://www.friendsandfamily-themovie.com/

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2007, 07:39:02 AM »

DR DtM - tap dancing is easy compared to driving and chess.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up