Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE  (Read 45900 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE
« Reply #360 on: March 07, 2007, 07:23:13 PM »

Oh man I brought some work home and should get to it, but my cold is telling me tomorrow is a very busy day and I should just go to bed and deal with it when it gets here.  Think I'll make a cup of hot tea

Ginny

« Reply #361 on: March 07, 2007, 07:23:27 PM »

How do you do that double quote thing that DR singdaw did a couple of posts ago?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #362 on: March 07, 2007, 07:26:30 PM »

urgg...my desk lamp just had a light bulb go out....

THAT is your signal from the Gods to STOP DOING YOUR MATH HOMEWORK.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #363 on: March 07, 2007, 07:26:44 PM »

You should have gotten a couple of Gerbils.  Bryan had some and they were fun to watch.  Now I tell you. ;D

'night.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #364 on: March 07, 2007, 07:27:09 PM »

Oh, Bryan is our older son.  He now has Sugar Gliders.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 07:27:31 PM by Jane »

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #365 on: March 07, 2007, 07:27:49 PM »

He's white with brown splotches.  And a lot of work for a pet with very little personality!   :P
 I'm a bit technologically challenged, but that will be an excuse to get working on figuring out the digital camera!

A digital camera is not absolutely necessary actually. At sav-on you can have your film developed and ask for a photo cd that is very user friendly. great for editing, putting pic in documents, or other things.    
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #366 on: March 07, 2007, 07:29:34 PM »

I saw that in today's paper. It is a 20-mile drive on a washboard dirt road, no water or lodging or food or electricity when you get there. And $75 per person to walk on it.

$75??  Darn...the Comcast article says "The tribe will open it to the public later this month, charging $25 per person in addition to other entry fees."  That's a lot of "other entry fees."  Guess I won't be stopping by, either. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #367 on: March 07, 2007, 07:32:13 PM »

Aside from the fake fish that worried my grandmother, who thought they were dead, the only pet I've ever had was the parakeet that DS Rob got for his 11th birthday.  His name was "Horus, the Egyptian Falcon God."  He lived a little over 5 years and we now have a household that's not conducive to pet care.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #368 on: March 07, 2007, 07:33:22 PM »

They'd have to pay me a lot more than $75 to go out on that thing!

FJL

« Reply #369 on: March 07, 2007, 07:37:30 PM »

Didn't I see that parakeet in A Horus LIne?

FJL

« Reply #370 on: March 07, 2007, 07:39:40 PM »

Horus,
Horus Vandergelder,
Mrs. Horus Vandergelder

(A Barbra reference)

Ginny

« Reply #371 on: March 07, 2007, 07:40:45 PM »

Didn't I see that parakeet in A Horus LIne?

Maybe, DR FJL - he sure did like to sing along with lively music!

George

« Reply #372 on: March 07, 2007, 07:45:42 PM »

How do you do that double quote thing that DR singdaw did a couple of posts ago?

If you right-click on one of the posts' "quote" button and select "Open Link in New Window," you can copy and paste it into the other quoted post and type your messages where you want them.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #373 on: March 07, 2007, 07:46:26 PM »

Ginny, you are too funny!!

Well, for quoting from several sections within the same post [as I did], just "quote" the post, select the sections you want, and insert extra quote markers around them.

But there seems to be a way to quote from multiple previous posts, which I can't figure out...

George

« Reply #374 on: March 07, 2007, 07:47:45 PM »

They'd have to pay me a lot more than $75 to go out on that thing!

I actually would be willing to go...if I didn't have to pay.  $75 is just a bit too pricey, but I'm sure that it would be an incredible experience.  And I've never been to the Grand Canyon anyway, so it'd be a whole new experience, all around. :)

singdaw

« Reply #375 on: March 07, 2007, 07:49:07 PM »

Never mind what I said!  Learn from Master George.

Ginny

« Reply #376 on: March 07, 2007, 07:54:31 PM »

OK, I'll have to try that sometime when I'm wider awake.

'night!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2007, 07:56:42 PM »

George, that section of the Grand Canyon is not a very good view. Your best view from the top is at Grand Canyon National Park. Where this walkway is in a side canyon that doesn't have the same view or feel.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #378 on: March 07, 2007, 07:57:27 PM »

This info comes from DH, who has hiked said canyon a time or two.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

« Reply #379 on: March 07, 2007, 07:58:13 PM »

I help when I can. :)

George

« Reply #380 on: March 07, 2007, 07:59:25 PM »

George, that section of the Grand Canyon is not a very good view. Your best view from the top is at Grand Canyon National Park. Where this walkway is in a side canyon that doesn't have the same view or feel.

Thanks...not that I'm planning on a trip anytime soon (not having won the $390 million Mega Millions ;)), but I'll keep that in mind.

singdaw

« Reply #381 on: March 07, 2007, 08:13:40 PM »

Goodnight, all-

George

« Reply #382 on: March 07, 2007, 08:14:57 PM »

Good night, singdaw.  Time for me to leave work, too.  Until later. :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #383 on: March 07, 2007, 08:18:31 PM »

Alton's ep on pommegranates (first airing tonight) was...

[size=20]
SPOILERS
[/size]

well, it was underwhelming.  Yeah, sure, that the juice from the berries (and that's what they are) contains a lot more of their goodness fresh, as opposed to pasteurized, that makes sense, but pasteurization ruins the flavors of lots of stuff.

And using the juice, reduced to a "molasses", makes a great glaze on a roast leg of lamb, that makes sense.

But most of the show lacked his usual pizazz.

Oh, bother.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #384 on: March 07, 2007, 08:30:52 PM »

LOL, I love it SPOILER ALERTS for Good Eats...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #385 on: March 07, 2007, 08:35:08 PM »

I began my evening viewing with the remainder of THE MUSIC MAN which I didn' get even halfway through last night. Always a wonderful show.

And I can hit all of the bass notes with ease in the quartet, so if the director auditions individual singers for that role rather than getting an already established quartet, I'll audition for that part.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #386 on: March 07, 2007, 08:41:28 PM »

As for the IDOL women, once again Melinda Doolittle showed herself the class act of the group with a sassy and charisma-filled "I'm a Woman." She is a performer to her toes, and I adore her.

LaKisha had the second best vocal of the night, but third place for me this week was Jordin whom I really enjoyed.

For almost everyone else, I think nerves were playing a bit of a number on their heads and throats because several pushed for power and ended up singing flat (Gina, Sabrina). Some just sing flat naturally (Antonella).

I will be shocked if Antonella doesn't get bounced this week, but if she doesn't, I think Haley and Gina might be leaving. I think Haley is definitely going though she didn't do badly tonight, just is fairly forgettable.

Matt H.

« Reply #387 on: March 07, 2007, 08:43:41 PM »

CROSSING JORDAN had two cases tonight, one of which was unbelievably boring (looking at a past case of Bugg's where he made a misdiagnosis) and the other reasonably exciting (a serial killer who taunts Nigel on his blog) but in the end fairly predictable.

I read that Jerry O'Connell has been cast in a pilot for next season, so that doesn't auger well for CROSSING JORDAN staying around for a seventh season.

Matt H.

« Reply #388 on: March 07, 2007, 08:45:48 PM »

And LOST had a rousing episode with the group stumbling onto a new dwelling on the island. I have to admit that I got very irritated with Locke tonight playing computer chess instead of guarding his prisoner and with the others not informing him what they found downstairs so he wouldn't do what he did at the end of the episode. Very contrived.

But I do love Sawyer. He makes the show for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #389 on: March 07, 2007, 08:47:39 PM »

I plucked BULLITT off the shelf. I have the old, old DVD of it, and I wanted to glance at it before investing in the new, spiffy Blu-ray version. From the little bit I watched (the opening credits) the focus seems soft and the color washed out. I need to read some reviews of the Blu-ray to make sure it's going to be sharper and a bit more colorful than that if I'm going to trade up.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up