Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TWIT  (Read 38661 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:THE TWIT
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2007, 01:02:06 PM »

If a puppy is raised with cats it shouldn't be an issue.  

Borzoi Breeders:

Temperament: Active, intelligent.
With Children: They can be nervy around children.
With Pets: High prey drive and will seize and kill small animals before you can react.Special Skills: Hunting and companionships.

Watch-dog: Medium
Guard-dog: Low

Care and Training: Brush regularly with a firm bristle brush, dry shampoo when needed. Trim hair between toes. Needs plenty of exercise, including the opportunity to run off lease and daily walks. When off leash he needs to be well trained to come when you call as he may attack small dogs or cats that move suddenly. Known to be stubborn to train, training should begin at the early age of 10 weeks.
Learning Rate: High, Obedience - Medium, Problem Solving - Low

I don't think I'd risk it!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2007, 01:02:54 PM »

DR Jose had a traumatic experience with a goat in his youth. Who knew?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DERBRUCER

« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2007, 01:03:48 PM »

DR Jose had a traumatic experience with a goat in his youth. Who knew?

Who was more traumatized -Jose or the goat?

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2007, 01:05:02 PM »

All the goat photo's are very cute.

And probably more popular than those of Ann Coulter :D

der Brucer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2007, 01:11:14 PM »

Bryan was attacked by a goat.  He doesn't remember it.  I do, it ripped his shirt and barely missed gouging him.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2007, 01:16:20 PM »

Bryan was attacked by a goat.  He doesn't remember it.  I do, it ripped his shirt and barely missed gouging him.

Who rescued him?

der Brucer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2007, 01:17:51 PM »

Jane, you just passed 10,000 Posts!  Congrats on the five digits! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2007, 01:18:57 PM »

After seeing how composed the auditionees were yesterday, my  topic would be:
What is the worst case of stage fright you've ever had?

I can honestly say that I've never experienced stage fright.  I've screwed up lyrics or entered at the wrong time, but I had no fear...nerves, yes, but not fear. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2007, 01:22:15 PM »

Will we never get to page four.

It's a certainty.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2007, 01:39:46 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Greetings from Chicago!

-My flight got in 25 minutes early, and we didn't have to wait for an opent gate, so I have a few minutes to check in here before my next "flight segment"...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2007, 01:40:46 PM »

From yesterday:

"Related to DR der Brucer's "Amazon" lament from several days ago: I am going to have to add years to my life to keep up with all the viewing, listening, and reading recommendations from the generous and wonderful people on this board. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!"

SINGDAW, I suspect that many of us have had this same experience. It's a good problem to have!

(OK, DR GEORGE or someone else, pls tell me again how to do a quote from yesterday.)

What you've done is one way to do it, or you can paste it within the "quote" tags.  But as far as I know, there isn't any way to quote from a previous day and have it actually link back to the day.  Otherwise, just highlight the text from the previous day that you want to quote, right click and copy it, then go to the current day and click "Reply," click on the "Insert Quote" button (its the second from the right on the bottom of the "Add YABBC tags" buttons) and paste what's been saved in between the quote tags:  [ quote ]COPIED TEXT[ /quote ].  There won't be spaces between the open and close brackets.  Then write something like this:

Yesterday, Tomovoz wrote:
TOTD:
The Pie - The Sutherland Brothers
American Pie - Don McLean
Apple Peaches Pumpkin Pie - Jay & the Techniques
Porcupine Pie - Neil Diamond

Then underneath, I write whatever comment that I want to write.  

And that's how it's done...at least, that's how I know how to do it. :)

George

« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2007, 01:41:12 PM »

Continued Travel Vibes for Jose!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2007, 01:44:50 PM »

As for my "goat trauma"...  The short story - Place: Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, VA.  My parents would take us there as our "European vacation" when we were kids - my mom would regularly go to Europe with my godmother, and this was her way of taking the kids to Europe. -And, trust me, even though were only six or seven years old or so, my brothers and I truly weren't fooled by this faux Europe.  In any case...

Not so long story short (since I'm about to board)...  Petting Zoo... Plastic Squirt Gun I had won at some booth... Started feeding the animals...  And a goat ate my squirt gun!  -And I think a part of my shirt too.  Result: Lots of crying.  Lots!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2007, 01:44:56 PM »

I started my afternoon watching IT SHOULD HAPPEN TO YOU, one of Judy Holliday's 1950s comedies. I've always loved it and her, and she's as adorable as ever in this. I think I like THE SOLID GOLD CADILLAC more (also THE MARRYING KIND more), but it's certainly entertaining, and Jack Lemmon makes a great screen bow.

The transfer was overly grainy, I thought. It's sharp, and there's no damage to speak of with the print they used, but it just looked very grainy. It was, I was happy to see, an anamorphic transfer.

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2007, 01:48:28 PM »

Next I put in VAN HELSING. Yep, it's a pretty junky movie with shameless borrowings from every Universal horror movie ever made, and the story still doesn't make a lick of sense. Of course, I got it strictly for Hugh Jackman who doesn't disappopint even if the screenplay is worthless. And the CGI is SO fake looking than a lot of the fun with the monsters is spoiled because it's so easy to tell the difference when CGI takes over.

But the transfer is really outstanding: sharp, good color (in the color sections), and with superb surround sound.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2007, 01:48:49 PM »

As for stage fright, I've never really had it either...  I've had "nerves" before - mainly when I was doing the classical piano competition circuit and recitals - but those would always go away as soon as my fingers hit the keys.

However, I had a friend who would either have it or not.  And when he would have "it", his memory would go completely.  I still remember one recital he played where he walked out on stage... Started playing a few notes (he was a guitarist)... Stopped... Started again... Stopped again... Started again...  Then walked off the stage...  :-\

*He came back out about five minutes later after looking at his scores backstage, and played his recital.  -Much to the relief of everyone in the hall - and himself, of course.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2007, 01:49:18 PM »

When I go back down, I'll watch another LAW & ORDER: CI episode from the second season set. I've got it cued up ready to go.

Matt H.

« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2007, 01:50:48 PM »

No stage fright for me. By the time a show opens, if we've reheased as we should have, it's pretty ingrained. And as Ethel Merman said, "What do I have to be nervous about? I didn't pay to be here."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2007, 01:51:09 PM »

As for "Lunch With Jose"... It was a free-for-all... The participants were allowed to ask me anything wanted to concerning auditions, music preparation, musical theatre, etc...  i would usually just start off with a brief introductory statement, and then open the floor to questions.  And one question would lead to another question, and so on and so on.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2007, 01:51:39 PM »

We're watching a movie called SORDID LIVES.  Lots of fine acting, but it looks more like a filmed play than a movie, even though it played movie theaters several years ago.. Fun to see Olivia Newton John in such an odd role.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2007, 01:51:44 PM »

OK... Boarding starts in a few minutes...

Laters.... From New York City!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2007, 01:53:30 PM »

Continued travel vibes to Jose.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2007, 01:55:47 PM »

Not so long story short (since I'm about to board)...  Petting Zoo... Plastic Squirt Gun I had won at some booth... Started feeding the animals...  And a goat ate my squirt gun!  -And I think a part of my shirt too.  Result: Lots of crying.  Lots!

;)

It could have been worse imagine if you tried peeing in the bushes!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2007, 01:57:08 PM »

Jane, you just passed 10,000 Posts!  Congrats on the five digits! ;)

All four sets of them!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2007, 01:59:33 PM »

Sometimes getting a good picture is just a matter of finding the right angle:

See more at Feel Better

der Brucer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2007, 02:01:51 PM »

No stage fright for me. By the time a show opens, if we've reheased as we should have, it's pretty ingrained. And as Ethel Merman said, "What do I have to be nervous about? I didn't pay to be here."

I remember a story in which a chorine went up to Merman befroe the curtain went up on opening night of ANNIE GET YOUR GUN and asked, "Gosh, Miss Merman, aren't you nervous?"  Merman took out the wad of gum she had been chewing, stuck to the back of a flat and said, "What for?  I know my lines." She then strode on stage to make her entrance.

While I can imagine Merman saying something like that, I can't imagine a chorine having the nerve to go near Merman before an entrance--on opening night yet!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2007, 02:03:13 PM »

An interesting observation on John Inman in The Times:

John Inman’s breath had barely left his body before right-on spokesmen for that imaginary thing, the “gay community”, were berating the “self-oppression” and “stereotyping” of homosexuals that Inman’s Mr Humphries helped to reinforce. His smutty innuendo, his jokes about fairies and handbags, his limp wrist, camp wit and simpering delivery are, they claim, everything we need to shed.

Yes, they are. Of course they are. They are now. But they weren’t then. Then they were a light in the dark. Between the words, these men insinuated a wordless language of their own; they made a nonverbal statement, a shyly comical way of saying: “This is who and what I am; this is my tribe — and, look, I’m famous and life is fun.” To anxious boys like me, who didn’t even know a tribe existed, the lives and careers of these men showed we were not alone.
Have modern activists no sense of history — even very recent history? Instead of thinking simply of where the gay rights movement is going, they should think too about where it has come from.

der Brucer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2007, 02:03:35 PM »

Jane! Congratulations on your huge millstone!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2007, 02:03:55 PM »

No new office chair for me today, but only because the one that I saw and liked a lot goes on sale at Office Max on Friday.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2007, 02:04:29 PM »

Congrats to DR Jane on 10,000 posts!
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up