Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: WRITTEN ON THE WIND  (Read 43387 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:WRITTEN ON THE WIND
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2007, 08:55:37 AM »

In addition to the new shows starting tonight (RAINES which I'll watch and OCTOBER ROAD which I won't), most shows are presenting new episodes tonight:

UGLY BETTY
the NBC comedies
GREY'S ANATOMY
SMALLVILLE
SUPERNATURAL

Back to another FULL evening of TV.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2007, 08:58:24 AM »

Page Four Sirius Black and Lupin Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2007, 08:59:10 AM »

Oh, meant to mention that Andy Richter's new NBC comedy comes on tonight in the 30 ROCK timeslot. Looked kind of cute, so I'll have the DVR pick it up, too.

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2007, 09:01:30 AM »

TOD -

My name is Ginny (Hello, Ginny) and I'm a coffee addict.

From my first cup in the American Airlines waiting area at LaGuardia in 1967, I've been a morning coffee drinker.  At first, I drank it with sugar, but when sugar prices went up in the early '70s, I went to black.  Most flavored coffees appeal more to my nose than to my taste buds.  Also like iced coffee with milk, but learned the hard way that powdered creamers do not work in iced drinks  :P.  As for the fou-fou Starbucks-type confections, I take mine nonfat - vanilla latte, pumpkin spice latte in autumn, and gingerbread latte around Christmas.  No whipped cream, usually.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2007, 09:02:41 AM »

I think having three guys in the bottom three last night was a clear indication of where the talent lies with this edition of AMERICAN IDOL. The guys just don't have it though I find Phil better than he's been given credit for being, and certainly understand the appeal of Blake's and Chris Richardson's looks and potential marketability. I know that IDOL always keeps that in mind; how else to explain how some of these folks got into the semifinals.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2007, 09:08:41 AM »

A Miss Mazeppa who escaped from ROCKY HORROR--that's different.

Fortunately, I found this clip from Avenue Jew to cleanse my palate.  It's silly, but funny.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2007, 09:22:32 AM »

Last night's "Idol" Eviction:

[size=8]SPOILER[/size]

I didn't see Brandon as one who would leave first, but he's certainly in the bottom of the mix for me and I feel no remorse over his departure.  Neither he nor Sanjaya should have made the final cut, IMO.  Sabrina should still be there and so should A.J.

That said, Sanjaya obviously has voters more interested in his survival on the show than they are in the goals of the show (finding the best singer) or what's good for Sanjaya (how much longer can his mincing about the stage and singing in a whispery, Wacko-Jacko voice avoid drawing screams derision?)

He's being made a fool of by the voters.  I'm certain he and his family aren't seeing it in that light...yet.  But how can he feel he belongs on that stage?  THAT is what is beyond me.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 09:23:07 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2007, 09:29:51 AM »

I'm heading down now to clean up for my lunch out with friends.

WBBL.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2007, 09:44:42 AM »

DR MATT - my Lucy-Desi hasn't arrived.  But may I suggest the Tallulah Bankhead OR Danny Thomas episodes!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2007, 10:09:05 AM »

Everyone have their March Madness brackets filled out?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2007, 10:10:04 AM »

I'm off to a meeting - via conference call -  that's being held in Cleveland.

Bye for now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2007, 10:14:04 AM »

Lots.

singdaw

« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2007, 10:14:21 AM »

Of.

singdaw

« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2007, 10:14:32 AM »

Lovely.

singdaw

« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2007, 10:14:43 AM »

Little.

MBarnum

« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2007, 10:14:50 AM »

TOD:

I like my coffee black. Starbucks, Seattle's Best, 8 O'Clock Coffee, Dutch Bros are all good, but I am not particular. 2 to 4 cups is my norm

I don't drink tea as much as I used to but when I do I like a good green tea. Chai tea is pretty tasty also.

I don't drink alcoholic drings very often but when I do I will have a martini of some type or a scotch or whisky on the rocks.

singdaw

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2007, 10:14:55 AM »

Postings.  :)

singdaw

« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2007, 10:16:13 AM »

No hot chocolate lovers on this board?

Miss Karen

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2007, 10:21:35 AM »

Well, lookie there, a bunch of the HHW hotties online -- mornin' boys!  Miss Naomi Dingdaw just signed off as I went to hit the button to post this so I had to change my greeting from mornin' boys and girlie!

Miss Karen

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2007, 10:30:30 AM »

TOD:  Chai Tea hot with some milk (fancy-smancy name Latte..)
          Never been a coffee drinker, but like fresh brewed tea (iced or hot) with lemon
          But will settle for a diet Lipton green tea
          Not much of a soft drink person, mainly drink water, especially with lime (or lemon)
          But I will drink a medium Cherry Limeade from Sonic now and then
          Banana Cream Milkshake from Sonic -- or plain ol' vanilla will do, too
          Margarita on the rocks with salt
          Pina Colada with (or without) an umbrella on top is always festive in the summer

Miss Karen

« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2007, 10:33:01 AM »

No hot chocolate lovers on this board?

Sure -- can't go wrong with chocolate -- but it has to be really cold weather wise... and with lots of whipped cream...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2007, 10:34:31 AM »

RE: last night's IDOL results.

SPOILERS.

I was overall happy with the bottom 2. Although i wish sanjaya had gone home. I am afraid though that this was our chance to get him out. I think his supporters thought he was safe. And now they will vote for him more.

I was surprised that Chris S is so popular. I mean i knew that he was popular but i thought his sucky performance would put him in the B3.

Chris' "sucky performance"?  Aside from the fact that he has the best voice among ALL the males, his performance was, to me, the LEAST "sucky" of all the men.

Sanjaya was a mincing fool; Blake was anything but good in that twitching, embarrassingly performed song. His vocals were, bar none, the weakest of the night, IMO...even compared to Sanjaya's wacko-jacko impersonation. Chris Richardson's vocals were on a par with Blake's...sadly lacking in range and projection.

Apart from Phil and Chris Sligh, the men are the bottom of the pile and very expendable in this SINGING COMPETITION.

The sooner America starts voting for talent rather than potential "dates", the sooner this competition will take on some credibility.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2007, 10:36:31 AM »

On the subject of coffee, an oldie but goodie about Miss Sylvia Miles:  A possibly apocryphal story had a French waiter asking "How would you like your coffee, Miss Miles?" She supposedly responded "Well, I like my coffee like I like my men." The waiter reportedly said, with full French accent, "I'm very sorry, Miss Miles, but we don't have any gay coffee."

Miss Karen

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2007, 10:43:01 AM »

My darlin' cheeky monkey MusicGuy -- hope you and the rest of the Valley of the Sun inhabitants -- DR Laura and I assume DR Sandra is a Valley resident too -- don't toast today...stay in the shade and drink plenty of water...

Miss Karen

« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2007, 10:44:25 AM »

Hey, I have an idea, let's get this to page 5 before I've got to scram...

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2007, 10:44:36 AM »

Good morning all and assorted lovelies, studlys, nymphs, and sprites!  (That should certainly be all-inclusive!)

I finally got a peak at this "Sanjaya" character yesterday on some TV "entertainment type" program.  As I don't watch AI, I had never seen the lad.  In the immortal words of Chandler Bing's girlfriend.....
.......OH.........MY..........GOD !!!

It really is unbelievable, and then about 10 seconds into the clip, in my mind I heard the unmistakable voice of dear Elmore saying.... "if he were any more effeminate, he'd ovulate!"

That is one of my 2 very favorite new sayings of this year... with the other being, (of course.........and in unison everyone...)

"Oh Arthur, you've eaten more meat than anyone else in this room."

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2007, 10:47:32 AM »

And a good morning to the pixie-like DR Miss Karen (it must be where boo-key got that trait!)

Actually, this time of year, those heat numbers don't mean much because it is nice and mild in the morning, the "peak heat" doesn't happen until around 1 or 2 in the afternoon, and then the late afternoon is already cooled down some and the evening is very mild.  It really is one of the prettiest times of year here.

Miss Karen

« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2007, 10:48:06 AM »

Good morning all and assorted lovelies, studlys, nymphs, and sprites!  (That should certainly be all-inclusive!)

I finally got a peak at this "Sanjaya" character yesterday on some TV "entertainment type" program.  As I don't watch AI, I had never seen the lad.  In the immortal words of Chandler Bing's girlfriend.....
.......OH.........MY..........GOD !!!

It really is unbelievable, and then about 10 seconds into the clip, in my mind I heard the unmistakable voice of dear Elmore saying.... "if he were any more effeminate, he'd ovulate!"

That is one of my 2 very favorite new sayings of this year... with the other being, (of course.........and in unison everyone...)

"Oh Arthur, you've eaten more meat than anyone else in this room."

Ditto -- those two get my vote ....so far...  (I want to hedge my bet with the year so young -- and with this crowd -- more classics are sure to appear...)...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2007, 10:48:35 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  A very good night's sleep with very peculiar dreams.

Miss Karen

« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2007, 10:49:34 AM »

Way to go charming and winsome MusicGuy -- we're close to a page flip... just a few more posts...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up