Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEARIN' O' THE GREEN  (Read 60103 times)

Miss Karen

Re:THE WEARIN' O' THE GREEN
« Reply #510 on: March 18, 2007, 01:00:58 AM »

O'Look, St. Paddy's Day '07 is almost over... :'(

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #511 on: March 18, 2007, 01:01:29 AM »

After that, I had to leave to usher for a performance by the comedian Josh Blue, who won last year's "The Last Comic Standing."  He was funny!  He sold and autographed CDs and DVDs after the show and I got a DVD (which I got autographed).  He stayed as long as people were there.  It was a great show!  His opening act was another comedian whose name I don't know, but he was funny, also.  I got his autograph in the season program (even though his name's not in it).  A GREAT time was had by all! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Miss Karen

« Reply #512 on: March 18, 2007, 01:02:30 AM »

And we not only made it to O'Post #500, but to Page O'Eighteen...What a grand way to end St. Pat's '07...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #513 on: March 18, 2007, 01:03:17 AM »

Has to be one of the highest postings ever for St. Paddy's day.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

« Reply #514 on: March 18, 2007, 01:03:43 AM »

And we not only made it to O'Post #500, but to Page O'Eighteen...What a grand way to end St. Pat's '07...

I just here...what did I miss??

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #515 on: March 18, 2007, 01:04:07 AM »

Here's a picture of Josh Blue:

George

« Reply #516 on: March 18, 2007, 01:05:09 AM »

And what's also cool is that Josh went to and graduated from The Evergreen State College, right here in Olympia, Washington!

Miss Karen

« Reply #517 on: March 18, 2007, 01:06:04 AM »

And a grand way for the Murphy lass to make her exit....thanks DRers O'Francois and O'DCelt ... Adieu!

Miss Karen

« Reply #518 on: March 18, 2007, 01:07:08 AM »

I just here...what did I miss??

;)

You helped us make the flip to Page 18  -- thanks!!

Miss Karen

« Reply #519 on: March 18, 2007, 01:08:06 AM »

Night all !! Hugs and kisses...

George

« Reply #520 on: March 18, 2007, 01:10:11 AM »

You helped us make the flip to Page 18  -- thanks!!

That's what I'm here for!  ;)

Good night!!  Now I must go all the way back to Page 1 of today's posts and start reading!

George

« Reply #521 on: March 18, 2007, 01:21:54 AM »

Tomorrow, I'm working concessions for The Olympia Symphony Orchestra and they're performing German music:

The OSO World Tour takes us, without the need of an airline ticket of security screening to Germany with the talented Jennifer Choi performing Beethoven’s sublime Violin Concerto in D major. Come and enjoy OSO performing a powerful and stirring excerpt from The Mastersingers of Nuremberg by Wagner and Brahms’ Academic Festival Overture.

Today is St. Patrick's Day (I'm 1/4 Irish on my dad's side) and tomorrow will be an evening of German music (I'm 3/4 German...my mom IS German), so it's all very appropriate!  

George

« Reply #522 on: March 18, 2007, 01:22:41 AM »

AND my sister was born in Nuremberg when my dad was still in the army!  What a coinkydink! ;D

George

« Reply #523 on: March 18, 2007, 01:23:35 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

The only thing interesting I remember doing for St. Patrick's Day was making sure I wore something green to school (high school) so that I wouldn't have to wear my uniform.  -I went to a private, Catholic high school.  Thankfully, the bit of green was covered by the "tag" you bought from the Key Club or some other school service organization who sold them for a $1.00 as a fundraiser.  We couldn't dress down completely, but we did get a break from the blue and gray woolens for the day.

I totally forgot to wear ANYTHING green today. ::) Oh, well. :)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 01:25:05 AM by George »

George

« Reply #524 on: March 18, 2007, 01:24:02 AM »

And I just got to Page 3 of the posts.

George

« Reply #525 on: March 18, 2007, 01:29:54 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day, "What is the most interesting thing you’ve ever done on St. Patrick’s Day?"  Probably today...at least, it certainly was the most fun that I can remember having on St. Patrick's Day. :D

George

« Reply #526 on: March 18, 2007, 01:38:48 AM »

Haven't caught up on posts???

I'm just now on Page 5. :-\ Slowly, but surely. :)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up