Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: GAILY-COLORED EASTER EGGS  (Read 37638 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:GAILY-COLORED EASTER EGGS
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2007, 08:13:27 AM »

Off to check out some HD programming!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2007, 08:14:29 AM »

Page Two Easter Rabbit Dance.

I got this here, but thought I would share again.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2007, 08:37:37 AM »

Good morning, all!  And Happy Easter to those of us (well, I don't but I am a WASP) who celebrate it.  Jo is cooking a huge dinner for this afternoon.  It will be good to see family and her cooking is fantastic.  She even invited the Macbeths since she knew I was as eager to visit them as I was to have my IRS return audited.  So, the Macbeths are coming.  I will say more about their last thwarted scheme later in the week.  

DR JRand56, I have never been on a game show, but around 1999 I was a Lifeline on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" Does that help?

TOD: I forgot.  Spoo!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2007, 08:56:17 AM »

Nothing in the mail fron Indiana yesterday JRand56  :-\

In fact I got no mail at all!

MBarnum

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2007, 08:57:31 AM »

I have never been on a game show.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2007, 08:57:56 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

Of course we will.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2007, 09:00:28 AM »

TAR tonight in HD!!!!

Ah, well, . . . . about that. You certainly can watch it on your local CBS affiliate's HD channel, but CBS does not produce the show in HD, merely standard def (just like SURVIVOR).

The HD cameras are very expensive and carting them through all the outdoor locations needed to film this and SUVIVOR would be a risky, potentially expensive proposition, so that's why these shows are not done in HD.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2007, 09:02:02 AM »

Good morning and Happy Easter to everyone!

Another beautiful day here. A tad warmer than yesterday but highs still not getting out of the low 60s. I have many things to do inside today, so I may not get to enjoy the outside air much.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2007, 09:05:37 AM »

I have never been on a game show, but my uncle was on ART LINKLETTER'S HOUSE PARTY years ago when we visited LA. The question of the day was "What is it about your neighbors that you don't like?" and my uncle's submission to the producers ("my neighbor is a millionaire and I'm jealous") was selected. So, Art came into the audience and the folks selected were asked to explain what they meant by their submissions. My uncle actually got some laughs with his explanation.

He got an electric frying pan for being on the show.

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2007, 09:06:50 AM »

DR Edisaurus - thank you for sharing the excitement of your day yesterday!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2007, 09:08:43 AM »

Has anyone from HHW ever appeared on a television game show?  What was it like?  

One time while I was working in LA, auditions were held for NAME THAT TUNE. The people on our editing crew insisted I needed to try out, so the director I was working with drove me there and sat in the back during the proceedings, to observe.

They gave you a test, and I scored the highest. I was sitting in the back with my director, who wanted to keep a low profile, and they decided that this was because I was SHY. Like it was a disability. "You're not SHY, are you?" From that point on, I was, and I realizes that I didn't have what it takes to be a good game show contestant...I was not BUBBLY enough!    :'(
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2007, 09:10:54 AM »

DS Rob and his girlfriend, will be here for our dinner of green eggs and ham later this afternoon.

Do not talk about green eggs and ham in front of George. Who knows what will happen?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2007, 09:11:29 AM »

I will be watching a couple of MEDIUM episodes first this afternoon. I found out that the actor who played Delia's husband on GHOST WHISPERER also guested on MEDIUM last season, and I put the disc in the player to watch last night. Well, I had replaced the discs in the wrong order in the case, so I had the wrong disc, but since it was already in, I started rewatching an episode. When it finishes, I'll put in the right disc to rewatch the episode I originally wanted to see.

Then, I'll probably watch LAYER CAKE this afternoon and BULLITT this evening before prime time starts. Since my shows don't begin until 9 p.m. I have a lot of time to squeeze in some DVDs.

Edisaurus

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2007, 09:13:14 AM »

I didn't mention, in that long paragraph all about ME and MY DAY, that bk finished his book!

So there was one more thing to celebrate!

And I did not mention how adorable and funny Miss Adrianna Patti is, nor how bk kept us in stitches!

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2007, 09:13:30 AM »

As for tonight's TV line-up, I guess the biggest news is the return of HBO's THE SOPRANOS for its last nine episodes. This will be followed by a new episode of ENTOURAGE, both of which I'll be recording.

THE TUDORS continues its run on SHowtime tonight.

CBS' slate is all-new tonight including COLD CASE and WITHOUT A TRACE.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and BROTHERS & SISTERS both have new episodes.

RENO 911! has a new episode at 10:30, DR George!

Edisaurus

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2007, 09:14:29 AM »

Page Two Easter Rabbit Dance.

You can never see it enough...

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2007, 09:20:24 AM »

Do not talk about green eggs and ham in front of George. Who knows what will happen?

LOL!

It didn't appeal to DR Elmore, either, when I told him about it Friday evening.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2007, 09:26:02 AM »

We usually celebrate Easter with my mom, who cooks a big dinner and  really goes over the top with the eggs and the bunnies. Since we won't be there today and she won't be cooking, we plan to take her out for dinner next weekend.

I will be eating eggs, though. We will be having breakfast in Larchmont Village with  my former editing assistant. She only assisted for one film before she realized that she wasn't cut out for it. She was far too creative to do assistants' work, which calls for micromanaging every little scrap of film. She was a great people person, and wanted to be in the production end instead so she moved to NC to work on another film, and met her future husband there.

She is very dear to us and I have only seen her once since their wedding, so we're looking forward to that. Her hubby may be coming down with a cold and is popping Airborne so I hope he can make it. (He's a writer...he wrote the HELLRAISER films and various fiction books and short stories.)

BTW, thanks to all the DR's who recommended Airborne. Greg was getting sick on the flight here and only had bad cold symptoms for a few days. I think he whupped it with the help of that!

Edisaurus

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2007, 09:27:29 AM »

It didn't appeal to DR Elmore, either, when I told him about it Friday evening.

I would like to know the process involved to create Green Eggs and Ham. (Apart from the obvious: leaving them in MY refrigerator.)

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2007, 09:35:06 AM »

Wonder if I can squeeze in EASTER PARADE today or at least some numbers from it if not the entire film. (It's coming on TCM, but I think my upconverting DVD player may show the Ultra-resolution transfer to better advantage.)

We'll see.

FJL

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2007, 09:48:09 AM »

What ever happened to the group Kajagoogoo, which did the song "Too Shy"

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2007, 09:48:26 AM »

Good Morning!

Happy Easter, Everyone!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2007, 09:50:14 AM »

Well, since today is my last day with All About Us, I had to get my hotel room all packed up this morning.  Which really only took about five minutes, so I had plenty of time to enjoy a leisurely breakfast.  I wanted one more cook-it-yourself Belgian waffle. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2007, 09:51:31 AM »

And now I'm at the theatre for sound check - just the keyboards and percussion right now.  And sometime in the next few hours, I'll wake my way over to the rehearsal hall where they've set up a nice Easter Buffet Brunch for everyone.  -Complete with Peeps for the taking!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2007, 09:51:34 AM »

I'm heading down now to get started an laundry and then begin preparing lunch.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2007, 09:53:18 AM »

...And I think I sort of said this last night, but I am a bit sad that I'm "leaving" today.  It really has been an amazing experience.

-And I did bring my camera, and I do plan to take a few pics throughout the day.  -And I will, hopefully, post a few of those pics once I return to NYC.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2007, 09:54:43 AM »

What ever happened to the group Kajagoogoo, which did the song "Too Shy"

http://www.kajagoogoo.com/

More than you ever wanted to know!

Edisaurus

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »

...And I think I sort of said this last night, but I am a bit sad that I'm "leaving" today.  It really has been an amazing experience.

-And I did bring my camera, and I do plan to take a few pics throughout the day.  -And I will, hopefully, post a few of those pics once I return to NYC.

We have really enjoyed hearing about the whole process and your encounters with Kander and Kitt. Maybe you'll be called back to "active duty" sometime in the future.

What is next for DR Jose?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2007, 09:58:21 AM »

OH!

And I called my parents today - well, I called my Dad since my Mom is working at the nursing home today - and after just re-listing their house a week and a half ago, they have an offer!  Well, they had an offer, then my parents made a counter-offier, and then another offer was made, and that one was accepted.  In any case...

If things go well, they will close sometime during the third week of May.  They have most of their stuff moved down to their new house in Richmond already, and they'll just continue to gradually bring things down over the next couple of weeks.  Thankfully, my Dad has a van/SUV type vehicle - very roomy.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2007, 10:01:45 AM »

We have really enjoyed hearing about the whole process and your encounters with Kander and Kitt. Maybe you'll be called back to "active duty" sometime in the future.

What is next for DR Jose?

Aw, Thanks.  And it really has been great fun being a part of it all.

As for what's coming next, well, I had mentioned that I'm being considered for a few projects.  I am a little superstitious, but not that superstitious, so I shall leave with you three "clues" to the three projects that I'm up for:

1) "Little Lamb"

2) "...Again.."

3) "Under the sea"

:) :) :) :) :) :)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up