Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO POOPED TO POP  (Read 80425 times)

Cillaliz

Re:TOO POOPED TO POP
« Reply #360 on: April 25, 2007, 08:09:11 PM »

I'm going to Disney World!   Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll have time to see anything there, lol.   I wasn't going to go to the AILA annual meeting due to $$$, but after talking to a number of people and looking at what I can learn there, I decided that it's worth it.   The sessions go pretty much all day with events at night (one night until 10:00 PM) , so although I'll be there, I really don't think I'll get to see anything.  Funny, I don't care about that, I'm just anxious to learn what I need to learn. They expect 3000 people at this conference.  WOW! I've never been to a conference with that many people

Cillaliz

« Reply #361 on: April 25, 2007, 08:11:43 PM »

And it isn't until mid-June. It's 2 weeks before my last day, so I'm paying for it, but just doing it when I get paid for the days I'm gone is a lot better than going anywhere when I'm in private practice...

PLUS - I will have enough miles for a free airfare later and enough Marriott rewards for a free room. I'm saving that for fun!

Cillaliz

« Reply #362 on: April 25, 2007, 08:27:36 PM »

Right now, I'm going to get some sleep.  We have an office meeting in the morning. Oh joy.

FJL

« Reply #363 on: April 25, 2007, 08:36:43 PM »

I got so curious about the reports that the LEGALLY BLONDE changes had been for the worse that i went back to see it again.  Noted a few changes while they were happening, but I don't remember the specifics now.  A lot of things that got riotous laughs in the first week of previews did not this time, and oddly Laura Bell Bundy's entrance (or rather, first appearance) did not get applause at all this time.  Wonder if it's the audience composition that has changed, not the show.

singdaw

« Reply #364 on: April 25, 2007, 08:45:49 PM »

Good evening to all.

LOVELY dinner with DR JoseSPiano and my mother in Westport.  Indian food, but bk, nothing terribly hot.  Took in All About Us.  THANK YOU, kind sir, for making it possible.  Mr. Kander, Mr. Stein, and the director were all in attendance tonight.

A few thoughts tomorrow, but for now, I really am TOO POOPED TO POP.

Smooches, kids!

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #365 on: April 25, 2007, 08:48:13 PM »

The sessions go pretty much all day with events at night (one night until 10:00 PM) , so although I'll be there, I really don't think I'll get to see anything.  Funny, I don't care about that, I'm just anxious to learn what I need to learn. They expect 3000 people at this conference.  WOW! I've never been to a conference with that many people

Sounds like a great experiance, I hope you have fun and consume much information
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Ben

« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2007, 08:48:21 PM »

Wow, Michael Shayne, you're looking very good! Hope you're feeling better. Anthony and I have some of the same pictures you took. We were at the Lighthouse, we went to the southernmost point (and then to the Butterfly Conservancy) and to the Street Sign. We didn't see the puppies, though but then it was 4 years ago (May of 2003).

Where are you staying? We stayed at a great B&B called Knowles House. Very relaxing and very well run. I would recommend it for anyone planning a trip to Key West.

Ben

« Reply #367 on: April 25, 2007, 08:50:05 PM »

Legally Blonde is on the TKTS booth. Almost everything was up tonight except for the usual suspects, Wicked and Jersey Boys. Mary Poppins was not up although it has been in the past. Avenue Q is usually up but it wasn't up tonight. I did not see Journey's End. I will see it sometime soon. Alas, there were no free tickets at Equity. I will get a TDF ticket instead of a TKTS ticket.

Ben

« Reply #368 on: April 25, 2007, 08:51:05 PM »

See what happens when Anthony leaves town! I'm on the computer at 11:51am.

But not for long. I'm going to bed so I can rise and go to work in the morning.

Nytol

FJL

« Reply #369 on: April 25, 2007, 08:53:10 PM »

Ben - Yes, I got released house seats using the almost-half-price discount at broadwaybox.com

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #370 on: April 25, 2007, 09:00:13 PM »

I have been meaning to comment on FREUD for the last two days since bk started mentioning it.

I saw it on TV many years ago and was very impressed with it. I was especially impressed that Clift got through it at all since in both biographies of him I've read, the authors each mentioned how cruel and vicious John Huston was with Montgomery CLift during the production. He bullied and browbeat the poor man who was already in frail health, not only from drinking and addiction to pain killers but also suffering with cateracts in both eyes.

Huston had been much gentler with him during THE MISFITS, perhaps because Marilyn was as delicate and fragile as Clift, but he was the devil incarnate on FREUD according to Clift's biographers.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #371 on: April 25, 2007, 09:03:09 PM »

My Bond DVDs did come today, so I began my evening with FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE.

It looked sensational, a tremendous step up from the special edition DVD of the title. Not a speck of dust anywhere to be seen, and the DTS sound, while maybe not quite as impressive a redo as on DR. NO, still had a lot of heft to it compared to the old mono track on the special edition. I just loved it.

MBarnum

« Reply #372 on: April 25, 2007, 09:06:36 PM »

What a fantastic day I had! I went back to Eddie Brandt's store to continue my search for photos for upcoming magazine interviews. I was there for about 3 hours! In the first hour a trio came in and one of them was, although I didn't realize it, former kid actor Sammy Ogg who played one of the two little kids on the I LOVE LUCY episode THE AMATEUR HOUR and he played Joe on SPIN AND MARTY! Well, it just so happens he is on my list of people I have been wanting to interview! LOL! We started chatting while he was in the store and that is when I found out who he was. He was trying to find some photos of the other kid from that episode as the two of them will be attending a Lucy wingding back east.

About an hour later a very nicely dressed older couple came in looking for photos of Roger Smith. I started chatting with them and asked the lady if she knew him or was a fan. Well, she says that she worked with him. I asked if she was an actress and she said yes, my name is Sally Todd! "Holy cow" I said, "You were in THE UNEARTHLY with Allison Hayes." She was quite happy that I knew who she was, and of course I have seen her in many films (GI Blues, Frankenstein's Daughter, Viking Women and the Sea Serpent)! So I will be interviewing her as well! We chatted for a very long time and the man that was with her went and brought back his camera and snapped photos of us and promised to e-mail them to me! And let me be telling you, Sally Todd still looks stunning!!!

All I kept thinking of was, I wish JRAnd56 were here with me!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:08:39 PM by MBarnum »

Matt H.

« Reply #373 on: April 25, 2007, 09:07:24 PM »

When Bond finished, I put in A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS. I haven't watched it in years, couldn't even remember what kind of transfer this first DVD release was. Even though it's an old release, Columbia did an anamorphic transfer so it looks pretty strong. Yes, there were scenes where it's obvious the transfer is dated, but much of the color is more saturated than I remember it being, and it's also sharper than I remembered, too. This DVD will do me just fine; no need to upgrade.

Matt H.

« Reply #374 on: April 25, 2007, 09:10:14 PM »

CROSSING JORDAN found Jordan back at work and two cases on the docket. The more interesting of the two was the death of a groom right before his wedding ceremony.

Matt H.

« Reply #375 on: April 25, 2007, 09:12:26 PM »

LOST had a great episode that centered on Sun who has always been one of my favorite characters. I loved the different side of her we saw at the end of her backstory sequence talking with Jin's mother.

More enigma in the other story in this episode, the rescue of the unknown woman speaking all kinds of languages. Just another mystery for the island that we'll hopefully one day get some answers for.

Matt H.

« Reply #376 on: April 25, 2007, 09:14:20 PM »

As for the IDOL results. Just as I speculated this afternoon. It took me about 25 minutes to get through the parts of the two hour brtoadcast I was interested in seeing.

I did think the Celine/Elvis duet was good. Their voices blended quite well.

Matt H.

« Reply #377 on: April 25, 2007, 09:15:40 PM »

I didn't buy the latest James Cagney boxed set, but I did buy two DVDs from the set: THE WEST POINT STORY with Doris Day and Virginia Mayo and THE BRIDE CAME C.O.D. with Bette Davis. I'll probably watch the latter tomorrow after I watch tonight's MEDIUM and CSI: NY.

Matt H.

« Reply #378 on: April 25, 2007, 09:26:34 PM »

Heading down to bed now.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #379 on: April 25, 2007, 09:28:04 PM »

Good Evening!

Whew!   ...Just four more shows left...  But in the meantime...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #380 on: April 25, 2007, 09:28:56 PM »

We had a visitor this afternoon...

:)

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #381 on: April 25, 2007, 09:29:59 PM »

-And, yes, I need a haircut.

-And, yes, I need to start losing weight.  Again.
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #382 on: April 25, 2007, 09:30:56 PM »

Wow, Michael Shayne, you're looking very good! Hope you're feeling better. Anthony and I have some of the same pictures you took. We were at the Lighthouse, we went to the southernmost point (and then to the Butterfly Conservancy) and to the Street Sign. We didn't see the puppies, though but then it was 4 years ago (May of 2003).

Where are you staying? We stayed at a great B&B called Knowles House. Very relaxing and very well run. I would recommend it for anyone planning a trip to Key West.

It was a very quick trip, but we stayed at the Eden House. The film Crisscross with Goldie Hawn was filmed there, but it wasn't the reason why we stayed there. I never heard of the film before.

We also went to the Truman Summer White House, but we were not allowed to take pictures.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:31:17 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #383 on: April 25, 2007, 09:33:57 PM »

We also went to the drag races. My friend Bill posed with the winner and the runner up.
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #384 on: April 25, 2007, 09:34:39 PM »

...But at least I can get my hair cut tomorrow.  I'm about a week overdue for a trip to the barber.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #385 on: April 25, 2007, 09:38:51 PM »

DR singdaw - Well, I guess there was no talk-back tonight.  ???

In any case, I'm glad you and your mother were able to catch the show tonight.  It was a good night on stage and in the pit.  -And I believe Susan Stroman and David Thompson were your row-mates.  Or at least nearby.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #386 on: April 25, 2007, 09:41:49 PM »

Jose - Having just seen you last night, I can tell you honestly that girthwise you don't look in person anything like that photo.   Maybe it's standing next to the ultra-svelte Mr. Newman and Ms. Kitt, maybe it's the angle, but since this seems to matter to you, don't go by that photo.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #387 on: April 25, 2007, 09:46:24 PM »

As for "American Idol"...

I just watched the "results show"...  But back to last night's show...

I really thought Jordin did not sound good last night.  Her pitch was off.  She had breathing difficulties.  And her belting was more like screaming.  I was VERY surprised that the judges praised her so much.  As were most of the cast of All About Us - we watched in the green room today.

However, as for Lakisha...  I just get the feeling she doesn't really want "it" that bad.  I think she wants to have some degree of fame, but I don't she wants to be a "superstar".  And if she were to win, I don't think she would be able to take all the pressure and attention.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #388 on: April 25, 2007, 09:48:29 PM »

Jose - Having just seen you last night, I can tell you honestly that girthwise you don't look in person anything like that photo.   Maybe it's standing next to the ultra-svelte Mr. Newman and Ms. Kitt, maybe it's the angle, but since this seems to matter to you, don't go by that photo.

Aw, thanks.  I do know it's the photo.  And the way my shirt is not "sitting properly".  And the angle.

But I would like to drop another 10 pounds over the next couple of months.  It's time for another ten.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #389 on: April 25, 2007, 09:49:06 PM »

But it was really cool meeting Mr. Newman.  -I thought he would be taller, but those eyes.... WOW!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up