Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: QUITE  (Read 33953 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:QUITE
« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2007, 04:22:59 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Congratulations to RLP on his new plateau!! [/move]

I can't figure out how to "capture" it  for posterity a la George

Member Number: 136

Jose beat me to it.  Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. ::)

Congrats on the 12,001+ Ron! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2007, 04:26:40 PM »

Before I leave, it was BK writing about the London cast album of CABARET with Judi Dench, in particular the ending of "Wilkommen," which he prefers to the OBC.

It was in a post, I recall, about other London cast albums that were out briefly such as NO NO NANETTE, THE BEGGAR'S OPERA, etc.  That's my memory, but I can find nothing now in the archives to prove my memory is good. Oy!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: May 18, 2007, 04:28:04 PM »

Bondage & Narcolepsy?

;)

Barnes & Noble.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2007, 04:36:21 PM »

Before I leave, it was BK writing about the London cast album of CABARET with Judi Dench, in particular the ending of "Wilkommen," which he prefers to the OBC.

It was in a post, I recall, about other London cast albums that were out briefly such as NO NO NANETTE, THE BEGGAR'S OPERA, etc.  That's my memory, but I can find nothing now in the archives to prove my memory is good. Oy!

Me, either.  I got hits on "London" and "cast" and "orchestrations"...but none of them were "the one" I wanted.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2007, 04:37:48 PM »

Eh...  If I'm going to do hot dogs, then I think I'd rather take the train out to Coney Island for the original Nathan's.  But Nedick's ain't bad either.

Why would you have to go to Coney Island?  Aren't there any more Nathan's in Manhattan?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

singdaw

« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2007, 04:40:06 PM »

Indeed, and in Westchester and Connecticut as well...

But I figured DR JoseSPiano would tell us that they taste best in their original setting.

singdaw

« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2007, 04:45:44 PM »

Hang in there, DR Ron Pulliam!  Just a few more minutes...

:)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2007, 04:51:49 PM »

Hang in there, DR Ron Pulliam!  Just a few more minutes...

:)

I can't STAND IT, I tell ya!  THIRTEEN MORE MINUTES!

AUGHGHGHGHGH!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: May 18, 2007, 04:55:31 PM »

I think I went by the post where you're asking something about something about something I wrote in the notes about something.  I'm back, so what is the something that you're asking about something?  I'll try to clarify.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: May 18, 2007, 04:57:05 PM »

Well, I guess my little snit fit did its job - we have now chosen all the songs for Joan's act and I feel much more comfortable.  There's a lot of variety and also a lot of hollywood reporter.  What I did was bring a CD with eleven songs on it, all of which were arranged by me and which I have charts on.  We ended up choosing five, and then I had a good thought for a little tribute medley to Comden and Green, and that's worked out fine.

singdaw

« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2007, 04:59:55 PM »

RLP couldn't remember which show you had been referencing [CABARET], and we then were talking about how one can't seem to search for keywords contained in the notes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2007, 05:02:40 PM »

You can't search for keywords in the notes.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2007, 05:02:55 PM »

The lead, of course!

You read for The Killing?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2007, 05:02:59 PM »

Or maybe you can.  What do I know from a computer?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #224 on: May 18, 2007, 05:04:47 PM »

This has been quite a long day (I was up and at 'em at six).  I had a nice breakfast with Miss Lauren Rubin at a new place for us called Cheebo.  I didn't love it - had lox, eggs, and onions which were oke and nothing more.  We were going to go to our beloved West Hollywood Hugo's (I was there a mere four weeks ago) but Hugo's, without any warning and after thirty years, is no more.  Gutted.  Kaput.  Done.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2007, 05:09:28 PM »

Why am I not surprised about Miami being road-rage city...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2007, 05:09:35 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam, bk's comments about the London OC Cabaret are contained at the end of the notes from May 12th:  Earthy, Spicy Notes.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 05:21:10 PM by singdaw »

Tomovoz

« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2007, 05:09:58 PM »

TOTD:
DVD:  Dolores Gray (Bell Telephone Hour)
CDs. Russ Hamilton (Who?)

TV.  Unusual but we watched something this week.  British show "The Robinsons".  Quirky.  The first episode is promising.

Tonight's viewing maybe the long postponed "Ten Commandments" - Val Kilmer is Moses". Are we brave enough?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2007, 05:10:47 PM »

Hugo's, without any warning and after thirty years, is no more.  Gutted.  Kaput.  Done.

I hate it when that happens.

singdaw

« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2007, 05:12:07 PM »

Tonight's viewing maybe the long postponed "Ten Commandments" - Val Kilmer is Moses". Are we brave enough?

Take it like men!   ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2007, 05:18:32 PM »

Indeed, and in Westchester and Connecticut as well...

But I figured DR JoseSPiano would tell us that they taste best in their original setting.

Not to mention the Mall in Paramus!
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2007, 05:18:43 PM »

Take it like men!   ;)
Oh the responses!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2007, 05:21:42 PM »

For the TV viewers - has "The Robinsons" aired in the USA or will it just be copied as "The Office" and "Queer as Folk" were?
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2007, 05:23:04 PM »

DR Jose - did you ever get to a post Office with the James Bond and The Oscar winning songs?
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2007, 05:23:51 PM »

This year is a rather curious anniversary for Fargo. It is fifty years since they had an F5 Tornado hit the city. Theodore Fujita designed the scale measuring the severity of the tornados and he used the Fargo tornado as a base for his research.  

The tornado leveled parts of north Fargo.

I thought I would post a link...
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/fgf/?n=fargojune1957f5

The above link is from NOAA and they are collecting additional data and stories on one of the first truly documented f5 tornadoes. Granted there have probably been a number of them through the years but this one was the first one truly documented as one. This site even has a couple of video clips. Yes, Fargo did have telly at the time!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2007, 05:27:43 PM »

Good morning all.

Believe it or not, Mom is still with us.  They were sure she would pass sometime last night and her BP went very low and her heart beat slowed way down.  Then as dawn came, her BP went right back up and and her heart beat is very strong.

This is tearing me apart.  In the past 3 days I've had a couple of "cat" naps of about 2-3 hours but nothing longer.  I feel like crap.

Now they say this could last up to a week.  I don't know if I can take it.  

I'd better go.  I just wanted to give you all the update.

Vibes of support and Comfort DR DAnise during this trying time...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2007, 05:28:50 PM »

DR Jose - did you ever get to a post Office with the James Bond and The Oscar winning songs?

Funny you should bring that up...

You should have something in your mailbox in the next seven to ten days.  I hope.

-My repeated apologies for the delay(s).
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2007, 05:29:32 PM »

I still haven't watched my copy. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2007, 05:41:01 PM »

It's fine Jose.  We have enjoyed very much indeed the vicarious pleasures of the aspects of your life you share here.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2007, 05:52:32 PM »

I am going to log off and shut my puter dwon... The sky is looking a tad funny...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up