Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: SAME OLD SAME OLD  (Read 33554 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:SAME OLD SAME OLD
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2007, 05:27:03 AM »

Friday....at last
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2007, 05:27:27 AM »

[size=8]Page 2[/size]
[/color]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2007, 05:30:41 AM »

Yes, it is Page Two!!

And I am off for work.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

singdaw

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2007, 05:32:23 AM »

Whither Noel?

singdaw

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2007, 05:35:44 AM »

My car is in the shop today for scheduled maintenance.  I took Metro-North [and a shuttle bus] to work.  Probably just as well, as I'm sure this afternoon's traffic on the major arteries will be hellish.

singdaw

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2007, 05:37:26 AM »

***butt-viewing vibes***
to DR Cillaliz

singdaw

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2007, 05:39:19 AM »

From yesterday's NY Post:

May 24, 2007 -- Gentleman, start your livers.

A panel of expert imbibers yesterday chose the city's best cocktail - a concoction with a down-home name and Catskills inspiration known as "The Porch Swing."

The mixture of Hendrick's gin, Pimm's and homemade lemonade was created by Jay Doran, beverage director of Blue Smoke, the Danny Meyer-owned barbecue restaurant on East 27th Street.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2007, 05:46:45 AM »

Good morning, all!  I just had another email from Kay Swift's granddaughter who can't seem to let go of the fact that she condemned me without a trial three years ago, held it against me, and is now concerned that I'm pissed!

So, today I'm back to Toyland and more depressing matters.  Hopefully I can get some work in on LIFE BEGINS AT 8:40 and cheer up.

DR FJL, I deliberately stayed out of the UGLY BETTY fracas last evening because I was already in a bad mood.  I love the show, but I also found the season finale deliberately cruel and mean to everyone to provide lots of cliffhangers for next season.  Justin's making his rival sick could have indeed killed him, and I suspect if he were an adult character the writers might have considered it, but putting him in prison would have removed a character the viewers like.  That's not to say next season that there may be trouble for his doing it.  What I like about the character is his family's acceptance of who he is, and the great thing about his (late?) father's acceptance was the change from being upset over a sissy for a son to his buying him opening night flowers.

I do think Marc's character teeters constantly on stereotype, but I gotta tell you I saw Ron Raines as Danilo in 1991 at Theatre Under the Stars in Houston in THE MERRY WIDOW.  In the Widow's entrance number, when all the chorus men rush on to outrageous statements of love for her, my initial reaction was "Isn't there at least one straight man in this chorus?" They all made Marc in UGLY BETTY look straight.

TOD:
  DVD:  a couple of operas, AVENTURERA, POPULAR Season 1
  CD:  The Brain from Planet X, Jubilee, Le Chateau a Toto, maybe The Merry widow
  VHS:  the more things change, the more they remain the same
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2007, 05:48:51 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  It's an information-waitressing day for me and then I have 4 (count 'em 4!)days in a row OFF - Yay!

Media report:

CD(car) - audiobook, A Light in the Window, the second book in The Mitford Series by Jan Karon.  The narrator is John McDonough.

DVD - there are several Netflix envelopes at home, but I have no idea what's in them.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

William E. Lurie

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2007, 05:58:18 AM »

THE MAGIC SHOW book has always been awful, but nobody ever went to see the show because of the book.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Ben

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2007, 06:11:39 AM »

I am now officially caught up.

That is all.

FJL

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2007, 06:15:37 AM »

Yikes.  It'll be in the 90's (that's farenheit, not the 1990's).  I hope the Surrogate Court in Brooklyn is air conditioned.

singdaw

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2007, 06:17:25 AM »

I am now officially caught up.

In what?     ;)

Ben

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2007, 06:17:40 AM »

TCB thanks for the link to the Falwell column. Like you, I rarely get into political or religious discussions. I don't need the grief and I've learned my lesson from past forays into those areas, but I thought his take on the whole issue was funny and intelligent.

singdaw

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2007, 06:18:27 AM »

Yikes.  It'll be in the 90's (that's farenheit, not the 1990's).  I hope the Surrogate Court in Brooklyn is air conditioned.

It's a Theme Party...

Go as your favorite 90's surrogate...

Ben

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2007, 06:19:27 AM »

It's supposed to be in the 90s but my office is so air conditioned right now that at 7:55am I went back to the apartment and got a light jacket to wear until I leave at 11:15. I'm sure the train to Long Island will also be very air conditioned but walking from Fifth Avenue and 16th Street to 14th Street and 7th Avenue will mean removing my jacket, I'm sure.

singdaw

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2007, 06:26:34 AM »

will mean removing my jacket

Be very careful, DR Ben!

You might just get added to the NY Theatre "Hot Guy" Alerts web page.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2007, 06:27:19 AM »

TOD:

CD - FINE AND DANDY (for the orchestrations, of course)

DVD - SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM

(done the feature, not yet heard the commentary)

(Agree with other posters that this is better than Third Man Out - waiting for more)

DVD - next up - DEVIL WEARS PRADA

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2007, 06:30:24 AM »

We stayed in the "nursery" for a few days when we arrived and this is one of the images painted on the walls.

A room decorated with bare-bottom fairies - is there a message?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ben

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2007, 06:37:19 AM »

Singdaw, thanks for the link. Thanks for including an old guy in the pantheon of "hot" guys  ;)

Ben

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2007, 06:37:48 AM »

A room decorated with bare-bottom fairies - is there a message?

der Brucer

Possibly. I'll leave it to you to decipher  ;)

Ben

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2007, 06:37:59 AM »

My winker is tired!

Ben

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2007, 06:38:30 AM »

And on that note, I must do SOME work on this half day so buh-bye.

Danise

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2007, 06:38:39 AM »

Good morning all.

What an emotional roller coaster day yesterday was!

I could never have predicted yesterday’s events in my wildest dreams.  I couldn’t sleep the night before because I was so upset about seeing Mom for the last time and I worried that no one else would show up and I worried that someone would show up and on and on and on.

As it turned out, several people showed up and before I knew it, there were hugs and kisses and I have a family again!  

The service for Mom was very nice and I was very happy with how she looked (so peaceful and pain free).  We followed her to the gravesite and watched her buried which was very emotional for me, then I put the roses I bought on the grave and then walked down to Joeys and left his flowers as well.

Thelma really wanted to go to her family so we went back the hotel along with one of my nieces so she could pack the car and head on to them.  I spent the rest of the day with the family, my niece, Debbie, drove me all around Pittsburgh showing me all the old places I remembered.  

Then we all went out to dinner and I met more of the family.  We exchanged phone numbers, addresses and email addresses and will stay in touch from now on.   :)

By the time I got back the hotel last night I was totally worn out from all the emotions I was experiencing .  It was a bit much to absorb all in one day.  They wanted me to stay at least one more day but when I called I was told because it is the holiday weekend, there was no way I could get my ticket changed.  If I could get a flight, the cost would have gone up a couple hundred dollars.

Still, I am so grateful for the day I had.  It was more then I could have hoped for.  

I’ll catch a cab to the airport since Thelma went on to her family and I should be home tonight but it will be late.  My flight leaves at six and I arrive at approx eight thirty.  By the time I get the SuperShuttle out to Thelma’s house to pick up Bonnie (my suv for those who don’t know who she is) and drive home it could be ten or eleven (and with SuperShuttle it could be dawn!) before my key hits the lock.

I can’t wait to see the dogs but I’m also sad that I didn’t arrange a few more days here.  I guess that’s to be expected but since I didn’t know what I was facing, I think I did a pretty good job of it.  Thank God I decided to let that obituary run in the paper for one day before holding the funeral.  

It gave people time to take the day off from work and it was how most of them found out about it.  

It’s a whole new world that dawned today.  I think it’s going to be alright.   :) ;)

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2007, 06:39:21 AM »

Thank you all for the vibes and hugs and good thoughts sent my way.  I know they made a difference.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2007, 06:40:09 AM »

I don't think I'll be playing FINE & DANDY till I get over my current feelings.  It's interesting all of this happened yesterday since I was playing the recording yesterday morning before the battle commenced.  Kay Swift was a beautiful lady and I was quite fond of her.

DR edisaurus, I had mentioned that Edward Woodward was in HOT FUZZ because the supporting cast is so good.  It's also fitting that the leading man of THE WICKER MAN be in the film since Simon Pegg's repressed cop seems to be channeling Woodward's Sergeant Howie.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2007, 06:41:56 AM »

Hooray for Danise!!!

As I saw you on-line I thought about yesterday (knowing that it was the funeral). I'm glad things have worked out. It's very nice to have made connnections again.

You summed it all up at the end of your post. It will be alright.

{{{Danise}}}

singdaw

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007, 06:42:35 AM »

DR Danise, that is so wonderful.  Thanks for including us.  

***travel vibes***
for you, later today

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2007, 06:45:56 AM »

Good morning all.

What an emotional roller coaster day yesterday was!

I could never have predicted yesterday’s events in my wildest dreams.  I couldn’t sleep the night before because I was so upset about seeing Mom for the last time and I worried that no one else would show up and I worried that someone would show up and on and on and on.

As it turned out, several people showed up and before I knew it, there were hugs and kisses and I have a family again!  

DR Danise, this is really wonderful news.  You can always go back now and visit family in Pittsburgh when you don't come to visit your family in New York.  Safe travel today.  When you get home, if it isn't too late, post a note that you've arrived safely.

Danise

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007, 06:48:46 AM »

Thank you all.  I think I will go out and get some breakfast.  I think I should eat before traveling since I don't know when (or what) I'll be able to later.

DR Elmore, I will try to post something tonight when I get home.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up