Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: EYE ON THE SPARROW  (Read 23942 times)

FJL

Re:EYE ON THE SPARROW
« Reply #300 on: May 26, 2007, 09:16:17 PM »

And one for mirror

François

« Reply #301 on: May 26, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »

EYE ON THE SPARROW

Allez venez Mirror
Vous asseoir à ma table....

Piaf, you know....

Paroles: Georges Moustaki. Musique: Marguerite Monnot (The Irma La Douce composer!)  1959
© Editions Salabert

Allez venez! Milord
Vous asseoir à ma table
Il fait si froid dehors
Ici, c'est confortable
Laissez-vous faire, Milord
Et prenez bien vos aises
Vos peines sur mon cœur
Et vos pieds sur une chaise
Je vous connais, Milord
Vous ne m'avez jamais vue
Je ne suis qu'une fille du port
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 09:20:37 PM by François »

MBarnum

« Reply #302 on: May 26, 2007, 09:29:25 PM »

Boy was it a busy day...but my yard looks very nice and I bought a lot of nice plants/flowers and a few new pots to plant them in, which I will do tomorrow. During my gardening and planting and running around I also stopped and had lunch at Star India...I ate way too much, but it sure was good...!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #303 on: May 26, 2007, 09:34:48 PM »

Piaf's "Milord" was a #1 hit in Sydney in 1961.
An English version by Teresa Brewer and one later by Bobby Darin could still not make it successful in the USA.

An English version by local singer Gaynor Bunning was a top 3 hit in Melbourne Oz in 1961.

You need to know all that.

Monnot had two successful pop hits here in 1961.  Diana Trask had a hit record with "Our Language Of Love".

I remember all this - but not where I put my glasses.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #304 on: May 26, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »

I am pooped but am gonna try to sit on the couch and watch my first Bollywood movie of the weekend...36 CHINA TOWN (2006) starring Akshay Khanna and Upen Patel...both of whom are yummilicous!

I think it is a singing and dancing detective movie, but I am not sure.

Tomovoz

« Reply #305 on: May 26, 2007, 09:38:03 PM »

I discovered that there is no DVD available of "Me and the Colonel".

More hope of that eventuating than my seeing a production of "The Grand Tour" I guess. It's one of my favourite flop musicals.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #306 on: May 26, 2007, 09:38:50 PM »

more chance than me seeing "36 China Town" too.
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #307 on: May 26, 2007, 09:40:44 PM »

DR Jose, that movie ONCE sounds very interesting. ...and I listened to some of the soundtrack on Amazon.com...rather nice music. I will keep a lookout for this movie!

Cillaliz

« Reply #308 on: May 26, 2007, 09:58:26 PM »

We're trying to get Once at the Orpheum this summer. Hope the get it booked!

François

« Reply #309 on: May 26, 2007, 10:02:54 PM »

I discovered that there is no DVD available of "Me and the Colonel".

More hope of that eventuating than my seeing a production of "The Grand Tour" I guess. It's one of my favourite flop musicals.

Yes! I like that musical very much too!

Ain't it grand that a certain Bruce Kimmel has made it available on cd?!

Cillaliz

« Reply #310 on: May 26, 2007, 10:06:47 PM »

Oh good heavens what an evening.  The house next door to my parents' at the lake is a rental. The family reunion that always happens there on Memorial Day is usually no problem at all.  Well... They have been very noisy at night..ok, loud voices, we can ignore that.  But tonight, they started shooting off big fireworks between the house and the garage and within 50-75 feet of our house, starting well after 10:30 PM and on a very windy night.

Now we have 2-80 year olds and a very pregnant woman who was exhausted, not feeling well and trying to sleep.

So first I stuck my head outside and said that it was very dangerous to be shooting the fireworks off where they were and that it was illegal. They got really mouthy about it and pretended like they were going to quit, but my DN Adam and I knew they weren't so we each grabbed a beer and sat in our back yard.  Then they really got nasty going off about how we were spoiling their memorial day and that the wind was taking them over the road toward a field anyway.  (It wasn't).

I said something about having someone who is sick and trying to sleep and Ad said something about it being a residential neighborhood and how they could enjoy their weekend without being noisy.

So, I suggested we just shut up and listen, which we did.  The grandparents of this crew are my former middle school principal and the home ec teacher he married after he divorced his wife.  So she's out there hugging this guy, telling him that she'll bail him out of jail and telling a group of little kids that if the cops come they should all tell the same story.

Sheesh!  Anyway, they were loud for a little while longer, blasting music about 11:15-11:30 pm but now it's quiet.  

The internet was really slow earlier and this is an unsecured network, so I figured they were using it. So I unplugged the router for awhile. It's really fast again. I was tired....

François

« Reply #311 on: May 26, 2007, 10:08:09 PM »

more chance than me seeing "36 China Town" too.

Well, Mr Upen Patel seems to be worth "a grand tour"! ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #312 on: May 26, 2007, 10:08:31 PM »

But now I'm awake

François

« Reply #313 on: May 26, 2007, 10:10:30 PM »

But now I'm awake

Blame it on the beer! ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #314 on: May 26, 2007, 10:10:37 PM »

I'm going to try to get some sleep soon.  I need to help mom with the shower and then I'm heading back to Sioux City.  So, it will be a long day. Turns out the shower is at 11:30 AM instead of 11:00 AM, boy did we screw the time up on this one

François

« Reply #315 on: May 26, 2007, 10:11:12 PM »

But now I'm awake

To grab a beer, do you have to go beer hunting?! :o ;)

François

« Reply #316 on: May 26, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »

So the fireworks were unbeerable?!

Cillaliz

« Reply #317 on: May 26, 2007, 10:12:32 PM »

Anyway, it's been eventful. I haven't seen jhvw since dinner. He's not staying here tonight and I have the feeling he wanted to go out without the family tonight.  I wouldn't blame him. I think it's been a bit of family overload for him.

François

« Reply #318 on: May 26, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »

I'm going to try to get some sleep soon.  I need to help mom with the shower and then I'm heading back to Sioux City.  So, it will be a long day. Turns out the shower is at 11:30 AM instead of 11:00 AM, boy did we screw the time up on this one

You need to shower your mother in Screw City?

Hmmm... I think I'm missing something! ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #319 on: May 26, 2007, 10:16:02 PM »

One of the biggest problems with the fireworks is that they were falling very near if not on our guest house and garage.  We had a fire out there due to a cigarette someone threw out a car window a couple years ago. Luckily it only charred the outside of the structure a little. And my brother's house had a major house fire, so we are quite cautious when it comes to fire

Cillaliz

« Reply #320 on: May 26, 2007, 10:17:07 PM »

You need to shower your mother in Screw City?

Hmmm... I think I'm missing something! ;)

IT's a bridal shower.  Afraid I don't have much of a sense of humor right now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #321 on: May 26, 2007, 10:17:33 PM »

Think I'll sign off and go unplug the router again.

François

« Reply #322 on: May 26, 2007, 10:25:25 PM »

IT's a bridal shower.  Afraid I don't have much of a sense of humor right now.

Oh, I'm sorry! I knew about the shower because I read about it earlier! I should keep to myself instead of trying to be funny! But then, by now, I guess you know how insane I am!

François

« Reply #323 on: May 26, 2007, 10:39:04 PM »

NOT fair DR Jose to post a pic of Jérémie Rénier with huge sunglasses: his face has no expression!

Blonds ARE more fun... they say!

Where is tout le monde?

Bonne semaine à tous!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #324 on: May 26, 2007, 10:52:12 PM »

Goodnight.

Bonne nuit.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up