Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: A LITHUANIAN GAZELLE  (Read 27503 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:A LITHUANIAN GAZELLE
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2007, 03:27:38 AM »

And the word of the day is: SEDULOUS!
Monica's SEDULOUS attempts to raise Bill's spirits (among other things) helped him feel less like a USED SOUL.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2007, 03:28:24 AM »

And with that, our page two dance must involve the famous dancing dildoes!   :o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2007, 03:30:26 AM »

I have a request...does anyone have an at least half-way decent copy of "Fing of Fire" with David Janssen?  It's never been released on video or DVD, but if anyone taped it off of TV (TCM broadcast it at one point), a co-worker would greatly appreciate it.  I thought I'd at least ask. :)
Fing of Fire?

Didn't Soupy Sales have a regular on his show named Fing?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2007, 03:33:18 AM »

I wonder what has happend to the E & T Miss Karen and Son.
Son is obviously busy with meetings with our esteemed BK.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2007, 03:35:04 AM »

TOD:  Can't say I have.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2007, 04:04:38 AM »

((((((((((((DANISE))))))))))

I have been catching up .  I am glad your family found you again
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2007, 04:10:25 AM »

It isn't just der Brucer that can find things on the net!

Over at Michael Ruhlman's blog, there's a story about an eleven-year-old Alabama boy killing a 9 foot 4, 1051 pound wild hog with a pistol.

The boy says he was inspired to kill and butcher the pig himself after reading a book about how to make sausage and "pork belly confit, " by noted culinary author Michael Ruhlman. "After I read Charcuterie" the boy said "I was so hungry for some rillettes or head cheese, I would have killed that hog with my teeth."

The boy's father says he's proud of his son for tracking and killing what may prove to be the largest wild pig on record, but appears to be a bit embarrassed by his son's infatuation with the book, Charcuterie, and charcuterie in general. "I hate that French [expletive], what they ever do for us? Is that Ruhlman guy French, or what? I'm sure I don't know. All I do know is I don't like it."

The boy hopes to be able to overcome his father's resistance to turning parts of the hog into pate de campagne by offering the testicles to Tony Bourdain. "My Dad loves Bourdain. Says he reminds him of The Duke, but skinnier. I figure if we send him the n**s, maybe he'll email dad or call him or something."

Don't take the anti-French bit too seriously, DR Francois.  Daddy doesn't know you like we do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2007, 04:12:23 AM »

I'd better get ready for work.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2007, 04:18:04 AM »

And the word of the day is: SEDULOUS!

Amy or David?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2007, 04:23:56 AM »

Good grief!  Would someone tell the cats that today is a holiday?
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2007, 04:39:26 AM »

CATS, pay attention CATS.. today is a HOLIDAY.. cats are you paying atten..

cats? CATS!

sorry Tom. I tried
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2007, 04:51:33 AM »

cats? CATS!

sorry Tom. I tried

I appreciate the effort.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2007, 04:52:21 AM »

cats? CATS!

sorry Tom. I tried

And why are you up so early on a Holiday?
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2007, 05:21:35 AM »

And why are you up so early on a Holiday?

Obviously, watching my gardening show!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2007, 05:22:10 AM »

Whew! I'm back from Alabama and back from Kingston, GA and have a lot of catching up to do!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2007, 06:16:27 AM »

Good morning, all!  My computer has begun crashing regularly and I fear it may mean that its end is nigh.  I hope it will hang on till September which is when I planned on purchasing a new one.

I just read Gretchen Wyler's obit.  I first saw her on the Garry Moore show, performing "Spanish Rose"; she was the Rosie in the National Tour of BYE BYE BIRDIE.  I met her briefly around 1982, and she was quite lovely and charming.   I wish that I knew then about all of her animal rights work, because it would have been interesting to discuss something she was active in than a career that was pretty much in her past. I remember thinking at the time how tough she looked, but she was funny and kind.

Today I have no plans, which is a nice situation.  I will putter about, watch a Netflix DVD or 2, read more of the Leo Lerman book (I'm taking the Alison Weir HENRY VIII book to jury duty) and do little else.

TOD:
  I wrote two fan letters in my life and got replies to both.  In the hurlyburly of time both have vanished.  One was to Lotte Lenya in 1972.  Her reply was very sweet and very badly typed with spellings and type-overs.  I remember her postscript after her signature: It's a good thing I went on the stage. I would have starved to death as a secretary.

My second was to Benjamin Britten, who sent a kind reply saying that he was sorry to be so tardy in responding but he'd been through heart surgery.  The note, in my memory, was as frail as the surgery left him, and I believe he was dead about a year after receiving the reply.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2007, 06:18:36 AM »

I've written to Larry Moore.

That's gonna be worth a few pennies!

I just realized I have a ton of letters from Sondheim somewhere in this dump and I haven't seen them in years.  I hope they're still here.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2007, 06:27:44 AM »

Memorial Day greetings!  This is an unusual MD holiday for us, because DH Richard is not yet able, due to his shoulder surgery, to participate with the American Legion Honor Guard in the commemorations.  He's usually busy with cemetery ceremonies and the parade from early morning to late afternoon.

I'm waiting for a call from a long-time friend who's on her last driving day between Florida and her home in Michigan.  She'll call when she gets close to Middletown and I'll meet her for a visit, probably at Bob Evans.  Then, it's grocery shopping for me for an indoor picnic with DH Richard, DS Rob, and Rob's DG (dear girlfriend).
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2007, 06:28:44 AM »

Obviously, watching my gardening show!

DR Edi - I caught about the last 10 minutes, including the important part:  the credits with your name in them!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2007, 06:33:48 AM »

Good morning, all!  My computer has begun crashing regularly and I fear it may mean that its end is nigh.  I hope it will hang on till September which is when I planned on purchasing a new one.

DR Elmore, since we have identical computers, I hope yours holds on for a while longer!  I recently learned that clearing the history and emtpying the trash regularly and shortening the names of your bookmarks increases the responsiveness.  Have you tried those things?

...(I'm taking the Alison Weir HENRY VIII book to jury duty)... ...

Which Alison Weir Henry VIII book are you reading?  AW has her own book group here on HHW, between you, me, and DR MattH.  Anyone else?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2007, 06:38:21 AM »

Which Alison Weir Henry VIII book are you reading?  AW has her own book group here on HHW, between you, me, and DR MattH.  Anyone else?

HENRY VIII AND HIS COURT, whatever it's called.  I've already finished her 4 books on the Children and Wives of Henry VIII, Elizabeth I and the Princes in the Tower.

According to this photo, Gretchen was on Broadway as a replacement for Chita Rivera.  

FJL

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2007, 06:44:49 AM »

PLAY MITZI FOR ME - Clint Eastwood's kinky take on a man obsessed with playing Joshua Logan while having his wife dress up as Nellie Forbush

(I guess this is a rerun of that pun :) )

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2007, 06:58:16 AM »

I used to see Gretchen Wyler on Jack Paar or the other night time shows and wonder what in the world she did.  I didn't see her in the movies or on a series, didn't have any of her records....it was a mystery.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2007, 07:00:31 AM »

I used to write a LOT of fan letters when I was little....and usually got a postcard with a photo and a printed autograph.  Stamps were only 5 cents.

I got really nice response most recently from the prolific Mr Sondheim, Miss Gale Storm, and Miss Carroll Baker.

I got a letter and photo from Frances Farmer back in 1963.

I guess the two handwritten cards I received from Miss Allison Hayes back in 1969-70 are my two most important and prized.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2007, 07:01:20 AM »

Seeing Jessica Walter in PLAY MISTY FOR ME put me against for many years....she was just too good at being CRAZY.  In fact, Glenn Close in that rabbit movie seemed tamed compared to her.

And we did see Clint in his undies.  8)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 07:01:59 AM by JRand56 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2007, 07:03:18 AM »

I am worried....although my computer is only half a year old ... since everyone I talked to who got a new computer with VISTA has had problems with drivers....

Of course if you have an APPLE computer, that is NOT a worry.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2007, 07:14:28 AM »

Wow!  I just added up all the email offers I got today, and I can get over $100 million dollars from people who just need my bank accounts numbers to make some transfers.

Isn't that great?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2007, 07:17:15 AM »

We here at HHW will be happy to know that even with all of the unrest in the world....and the earth shattering news that Rosie has left THE VIEW...Justin Timberlake has found TRUE LOVE with Jessica Biel, who says that she loses many roles because producers see her as just "too sexy."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2007, 07:23:06 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

It's here now!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2007, 07:25:17 AM »

Good morning!

Another pretty morning which will lead to a hellish hot afternoon. Supposed to be 90 today. Boo! That's too hot for May!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up