Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: MIDNIGHT AT THE OASIS  (Read 28772 times)

Tomovoz

Re:MIDNIGHT AT THE OASIS
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 05:01:53 AM »

Is anyone there?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 05:02:54 AM »

To answer my own question.  Yes - but back in yesterday.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 05:03:19 AM »

Goodnight from OZ.
James Thurber 1957

singdaw

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 05:33:16 AM »

DRs JoseSPiano and Ann - thanks for posting all the lovely photos.

DR Edisaurus - I love Bill Irwin!  Have no idea where he lives, but wouldn't be surprised if it was up here in Westchester county.

WOD:  DR JRand56 is the master of all things oneiric.

singdaw

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2007, 05:34:55 AM »

TOD:

Roza was pretty bad; especially the big SEANCE/production number.

:)

FJL

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007, 05:52:33 AM »

It's too bad about the first reading getting such a small audience.  That had to have affected the energy.  I hope they were able to pull away some chairs so that evryone didn't look around and wonder where all the people were who didn't come.  (The theory I've heard is that when there are loads of empty seats, the people who do come imagine that there were people expected to come who just didn't, and this affects their enjoyment of the event.)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007, 06:05:26 AM »

Good morning/evening, Tomovoz.

Do you know where your bowl is?

Yep--they're all up in the cupboard.  The big yellow one is for making cake batter, the green one is for making Jell-O, the red one is for haircuts and the blue is for storing leftover green beans in the fridge.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007, 06:07:30 AM »

THe TOD raises the question of the material you're performing.  Does it make a difference to the performer if they are doing a reading of brand new material, never before presented to an audience, or if they are doing the tried-and-true [the zillionth performance of Fiddler, for example.

singdaw

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2007, 06:11:23 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 06:12:45 AM by singdaw »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2007, 06:21:23 AM »

TOD:

DADDY GOODNESS, a show that tried out in Philly and never went any where after that, as far as I recall.  Nothing worked in this show--no laughs and every song fell flat.  The production numbers pushed too hard and went on too long.  But you couldn't blame the cast.  Ted Ross, Frieda Payne and Clifton Davis gave it their all and did their damnest to sell it to the crowd.  They were terrific, but the material gave them no support.  

I saw the show on its third performance, at a point when the cast was still hopeful and enthusiastic.  I recall hearing that towards the end of the run, Payne was basically walking through the show except during her numbers.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2007, 06:21:58 AM »

The example of THE COLOR PURPLE comes to mind, because the chnage has been so dramatic.  I never would have imagined when I saw it early in its run that it had the potential to be as powerful to me, but the cast changes and I'd imagine a tightening in the performance that has come with time have elevated the show, making the material seem much better than it did when the show first opened.  

Ben

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2007, 06:21:59 AM »

I was able to see the pictures from last night. I looked in Firefox instead of IE7.

Adorable, Jose. Oh, yeah, the kids are cute too  ;)

The wedding photos are quite loverly. You two make a beautiful couple. I bet TCB was poppin' his buttons with pride!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2007, 06:24:41 AM »

Nope, DR Singdaw, these are them:

-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2007, 06:28:05 AM »

DR Ann certainly made a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful bride!
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2007, 06:31:30 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  My workplace is ashambles today, because they're remodeling the check-out desk for the self-check apparatus.  Fortunately, I get to be out of the building for a chunk of the middle of the day, lunching with area grantmakers.

Do you know where your bowl is?

I know where all our dishes are, because I emptied the dishwasher before leaving for work  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2007, 06:33:30 AM »

Last night's family photos from DR Jose were very sweet, as were the wedding photos from DR Ann.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2007, 06:40:51 AM »

I'm a mite tee'd off with Amazon this morning.  I read that DR Matt received his A LITTE NIGHT MUSIC DVD yesterday and yet my copy (which I order back in March) has yet to even ship!  Likewise, in the same order, the Broadway's Lost Treasures:  The Plays DVD, which was released eons ago, has yet to ship.  I see that I can get a copy of this one second-hand on eBay for dollars less.  I just might do that!

And did anyone else order Audra's 110 IN THE SHADE from Amazon?  It was suppose to ship with CURTAINS, but now it looks like they shipped the latter by itself.  Grrrrrrrrr...
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2007, 06:42:13 AM »

DR Dan (the Man) - I ordered 110 directly from ps classics, and it arrived about two days later.

singdaw

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2007, 06:43:10 AM »

OK - for those without a CLEW - what is the connection between DR TCB and DRs Ann & Jed?   :)

singdaw

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2007, 06:48:16 AM »

DR George, I listened to A Doll's Life yesterday.  I must have listened to the LP a lot more than I remember, as I was much more familiar with this score than I would have expected.  If I didn't know better, I would never identify this as the work of the same composer who wrote Snoopy!.  There are many lovely moments of lyricism in this score.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2007, 06:54:23 AM »

Good morning one and all...

Strawberry Yogurt here...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2007, 06:56:40 AM »

DtM, the local library has A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC, a gret show!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ben

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2007, 06:58:27 AM »

Nope, DR Singdaw, these are them:

OMG! I have that EXACT set of bowls. I use the Red Bowl for Jello, the Yellow Bowl for big salads, the Green Bowl for smaller salads and the Blue Bowl for various and sundried things.

Ben

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2007, 06:58:57 AM »

DR Ann certainly made a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful bride!

A Funny Girl reference

Ben

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2007, 07:01:20 AM »

OK - for those without a CLEW - what is the connection between DR TCB and DRs Ann & Jed?   :)

I don't know if Ann and Jed still live in the same apartment complex as TCB but they did while before and while they were planning the wedding. IIRC (please those of you with better memories, correct me if I'm wrong) TCB and Jed appeared in a production together playing father and son, hence the relative connection.

singdaw

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2007, 07:05:59 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HHW NEWS ALERT      :o       HHW NEWS ALERT[/move]

THIS JUST IN:  JACK IN THE BOX ASSAULTS BURGER KING
FILM AT 11:00...

singdaw

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2007, 07:06:18 AM »

Thanks, DR Ben!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2007, 07:09:17 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]***TRAVEL VIBES***[/size][/color][/move]
to DR JoseSPiano

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2007, 07:09:29 AM »

Good Morning!

Well... Almost time for me to head back to NYC.  I've had a wonderful weekend down here with my family, and it really was just what I needed at this point and time. And as a bonus, the weather is absolutely gorgeous today!  I'll probably end up in Central Park a few hours after I get off the train.  We'll see.

Time for me to say Goodbye to my brother and his family.

And I shall think about the Topic of the Day while on the train.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2007, 07:09:39 AM »

TOD

I have seen horrid productions of Little Shop of Horrors.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up