Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: MIDNIGHT AT THE OASIS  (Read 28809 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:MIDNIGHT AT THE OASIS
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2007, 07:11:27 AM »

Journey vibes to DR JOse!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

singdaw

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2007, 07:15:40 AM »

*still waiting patiently for DR Cillaliz's DVD!*      :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2007, 07:23:55 AM »

Good morning!

Ah, summer approaches. It was barely cool enough last night to run the attic fan with windows open (and again this morning), but it's heating up fast. That A/C will no doubt me turned on in a day or two.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2007, 07:24:35 AM »

Thank you for sharing your wedding photos with us, DR Ann. I really enjoyed seeing you and Jed on your happy day. So glad everything went well for you.

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2007, 07:25:32 AM »

I notice that Kathy Griffin has a one hour comedy special tonight along with the premiere of her new season of "Life on the D List." I'll be watching THE SHIELD at 10, but just wanted to alert folks if anyone is a fan.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2007, 07:26:35 AM »

I don't know if Ann and Jed still live in the same apartment complex as TCB but they did while before and while they were planning the wedding. IIRC (please those of you with better memories, correct me if I'm wrong) TCB and Jed appeared in a production together playing father and son, hence the relative connection.

Ben, almost all correct!  We did indeed live in the same complex for a year, before buying our house in March of this year.  Jed and TCB did a few shows together, although never playing as father and son.  The "relative" connection came due to the startling resemblance between them.  They were able to convince much of the cast that they truly were father and son...much to their amusement.  TCB is now what we refer to as our "cyber-father" or now for me, my cyber-father-in-law...which makes for a lot of hyphens!  

Thanks all for the comment on the photographs.  It was a wonderful wonderful day, and I'm so glad to have pictures to remember it.  I didn't, however, post the picture captured of me walking down the aisle.  I didn't realize it at the time, but I had quite a "deer in the headlights" look on my face at first.  Stage fright, I suppose.  

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2007, 07:26:37 AM »

Once again, I'm outside the pack. I loved THE OUT OF TOWNERS (original) and laughed uproariously throughout it.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2007, 07:27:35 AM »

Bruce, sorry to hear about the small house.  Never easy to perform to.  Here's hoping for a bigger one tonight!

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2007, 07:29:09 AM »

I've used this example before, but the Broadway show I found the most excruciating to sit through was I HAD A BALL. There were people around me laughing and who seemed to be enjoying it, but I was so miserable. However, as it didn't run but six months or so, I guess not enough people found it enjoyable to keep it going.

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2007, 07:30:46 AM »

I think the movie comedy I remember sitting through that had "flop sweat" all over it was Burt Reynolds' STROKER ACE. What a pile of garbage.

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2007, 07:31:50 AM »

I'll be DVDing it for most of the day. I do want to finish FROM THE TERRACE that I started last night, but otherwise, I'll be enjoying more episodes of THE CLOSER and ANGEL in boxed sets I'm more than halfway through now.

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2007, 07:33:24 AM »

Sorry, DR Dan (the Man), about your trouble getting DVDs shipped. And I laughed just a bit because I got my copy of the Tony plays DVD a week or so ago, too. Sometimes it just works that way for people living in different parts of the country. I don't understand why it does, but it seems to run in cycles. Right now, I seem to be getting my stuff either on time or ahead of time.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2007, 07:44:24 AM »

was there ever a clip of Cilla as a guest weaterperson?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2007, 07:45:22 AM »

There are a lot of bad movie comedies... Most of the ones with Adam Sandler and several other actors.

Stroker Ace and Talledega Nights made me yawn.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2007, 07:48:43 AM »

There are very few well done comedies now. Either the timing is off or they do not know how to get to the gist of the words to make it work.  Also the pairing of actors off one and another can also kill something that would have been funny.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2007, 07:51:24 AM »

Vibes for a bigger house to play to for Bk tonight!

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2007, 07:52:15 AM »

I just find movie comedies today mostly vulgar. Comedy on television is far more sophisticated and entertaining to me. I haven't seen anything at the movies that can compete with the best episodes of THE OFFICE, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, 30 ROCK, or OLD CHRISTINE.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2007, 07:52:44 AM »

BTW, singdaw, that is a good rendering of her... You draw beautifully!!

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2007, 07:54:34 AM »

The last comedy I played in was MY THREE ANGELS, and I think we had something like 35-40 people on opening night. Very demoralizing.

singdaw

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2007, 07:55:56 AM »

BTW, singdaw, that is a good rendering of her... You draw beautifully!!

DR DakotaCelt...thanks, but...YOU are the artist.  My ability is strictly on searching Google images!  :)  And no, there has been no video clip of DR Cillaliz posted yet.   :(

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2007, 07:56:43 AM »

Jose, wonderful, wonderful family pics.

Ann-Thank you for sharing your beautiful wedding photos!  You both look very happy & very much in love. :D Jose, wonderful, wonderful family pics.

Ann-Thank you for sharing your beautiful wedding photos!  You both look very happy & very much in love.  I like how you did your hair, very soft and pretty.

Sandra-cute Rex.  Do you have anymore of him?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2007, 07:58:04 AM »

I just find movie comedies today mostly vulgar. Comedy on television is far more sophisticated and entertaining to me. I haven't seen anything at the movies that can compete with the best episodes of THE OFFICE, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, 30 ROCK, or OLD CHRISTINE.

30 Rock and Studio 60 I liked. Very interesting shows. I am not as familiar with HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER or OLD CHRISTINE for CBS is very difficult to pull in. I do have to agree with  you for television has had better comedies at times than film.  There are several Britcoms I also enjoy and some are very smartly written. Actually one of my favorite Britcoms is an old one and it still makes me laugh, ARE YOU BEING SERVED? The show is still a hoot to watch. Presently, they are airiing GOOD NEIGHBOURS here. The episode they had recently had to do with rototiller races. That was a riot..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2007, 07:59:25 AM »

DR DakotaCelt...thanks, but...YOU are the artist.  My ability is strictly on searching Google images!  :)  And no, there has been no video clip of DR Cillaliz posted yet.   :(

I have been watching for it... I am sure she shined like the star she is!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2007, 08:00:51 AM »

Bruce-BIG VIBES for a better audience and show tonight!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2007, 08:02:35 AM »

Jane, how is Sherlock doing? I have been thinking of the dear dog and I hope he is doing better.

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2007, 08:02:42 AM »

BK - Hope your audience is bigger tonight.  I do a grantseeking workshop once a month here at the library and my audience last month wasn't big enough to get any kind of discussion going.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2007, 08:06:00 AM »

Very cute, Singdaw. LOL.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2007, 08:08:35 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS TO DRS JED AND ANN!! May you have a long and happy life together.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2007, 08:10:34 AM »

I meant to tell DR CILLALIZ how much I like the feline mural in her bathroom. It's a wallpaper? It's quite cute.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2007, 08:11:37 AM »

This morning I went for a walk, but I didn't see anything interesting at all.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up