Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CROWING OF THE COCK  (Read 88178 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE CROWING OF THE COCK
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2007, 05:06:23 AM »

The award for the Supporter of eateries on and off Broadway goes to ....
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2007, 05:07:27 AM »

There is NO Mooresville.  Mooresville Indiana does not exist.

The Indianapolis Star Sunday paper has NOT been delivered to us.  We have NO news....we have no ads....we have NO television program guides.

I am watching Breakfast With the Arts and I am very disappointed that it is NOT presenting a "theatre" version today with interviews about the Tony Awards....hmmmmm
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2007, 05:07:59 AM »

Now I am going to try to figure out how to tape from my new TV to my VCR (remember those?).

Tomovoz

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2007, 05:08:06 AM »

The special Toyland award for the year to .....
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2007, 05:08:32 AM »

Yesterday I had 11 - eleven - consultations....which brought in some money but was exhausting to me.  Whew!

Tomovoz

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2007, 05:09:51 AM »

Moorseville today - Tacoma tomorrow.  It's an "Irene" thing.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 05:17:53 AM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2007, 05:12:13 AM »

Today I listened to Betty Johnson singing "I Dreamed".  Is that significant? Perhaps her experiences with "The little Blue Man"are more worthy of analysis.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2007, 05:13:01 AM »

Goodnight Moorseville (wherever you are).
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2007, 05:13:26 AM »

And Good morning Canada.
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2007, 05:30:40 AM »

Good morning!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2007, 05:41:20 AM »

Moorseville today - Tacoma tomorrow.  It's an "Irene" thing.

Probably true!!   ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2007, 05:41:43 AM »

Today I listened to Betty Johnson singing "I Dreamed".  Is that significant? Perhaps her experiences with "The little Blue Man"are more worthy of analysis.

Indeed.  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2007, 05:42:35 AM »

Does A/E Breakfast with the Arts choose only the most PREEEEE-tentious of musical acts to present.....or do some musical acts only seem more PREEEE-tentious at 8 a.m. on Sunday morning?

Michael

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2007, 05:56:15 AM »

West Coast audience can actually watch the first hour as it being streamed on line before CBS starts it broadcast, The design awards, book, score and orchestrations are presented on the Tony website

http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/index.html

From the website
at approximately 7:15 p.m., you can take advantage of a TonyAwards.com exclusive. Our site is the only place to view a live video webcast of those 2007 Tony Awards that are presented before the telecast begins, in a segment of the ceremony presented by Hilton Hotels. You can see the awards, the acceptance speeches, and everything else that happens on stage--just as if you were sitting in the Radio City auditorium.

Prior to that they have red carpet feeds.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2007, 05:59:27 AM »

This weekend DVD watch:

Fantastic Voyage
Duck You Sucker (haven't got it yet)
Mission Impossible Season 2: So far I have watch about 11 episodes. I guess watching them one after another is not the best idea. So does not seem as fresh and exciting and maybe too formalistic.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2007, 06:05:17 AM »

On the computer.....we ARE the Jetsons.

Two hours later....going out once again in search of a Sunday Paper!!!

Michael

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2007, 06:09:49 AM »

From Friday's notes.

RE: DVD captures

I have:
Partridge Family Season 2 (2 episodes)
Tabatha (aka Tabitha)
Doris Day Show/Young Love

I might be able to get The Good Time Girls episode from Laverne and Shirley
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2007, 06:16:31 AM »

Good morning, all!  I have yet to determine which is more important: THE SOPRANOS finale or the Tonys.  The only two awards I would not like to see happen are two for GREY GARDENS: best actress and orchestrations, since I've worked with the best actress who was a major non-team-playing pain and the nominated orchestrator was, I believe, a prime mover in getting me dumped from a 1998 job I'd been hired to do in London. My bags may have been packed for the trip but the scumbag ended up in London with the job.

Today, I have a trek to Toyland, then a dance recital with my beloved goddaughter Charlotte who graduates this week, goes to Barcelona on vacation, has a busy summer hither and yon, and then abandons me for (sob!) college.  The trauma is killing me.

The latest news is that we may not have lost the office lease but this on-ff-on-off-on yo-yo effect is driving me mad and it's not a long drive, so keep those vibes coming!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2007, 06:19:40 AM »

Happy birthday to Baxter the Clown

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2007, 06:24:16 AM »

More lease vibes to DR ELMORE.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2007, 06:24:35 AM »

I have a Sunday Paper, so everyone can relax....well everyone except that dumb hotel.

Danise

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2007, 06:48:51 AM »

Morning all.

Sorry I was E & T yesterday.  I just spent the day relaxing.  I did some shopping and took my time doing so I got home rather late--about five o'clock.  

I bought myself a pork roast and a sweet potato to make for today--the first real meal I've made since Mom passed.  I thought it might do me some good to have and make a good home made meal.

I've been living off of cereal, yogurt, popcorn and fast food for the past two weeks.  Enough of that.  

I've already been up, dressed and have a load of laundry in the washer.  I also planted some strawberrys, herbs and tomato's in some cute little kit like things I bought at Walmart yesterday that were only $2.50 each.  I thought they would give me something to watch grow.  

I also bought a new self watering pot for my Michael Crawford rose.  I thought it was dead but when I cut some of the lower branches off of it, they didn't snap like they would if they were dead.  They also didn't have the dry, dead look inside them that the top branches did.

I cut everything I thought looked bad until I found what looked like it could live.

I have the hope that with the new pot (which will self water the plant as it needs water), new soil and rose fertilizer, I might be able to bring it back from the brink.  One can but try.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2007, 06:50:18 AM »

And with that, I'm off to the dog park.  Sheena is quite loudly reminding me that is time. ;)  Can't have the dogs upset, now can we???
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2007, 06:56:34 AM »

Morning all.

Sorry I was E & T yesterday.  I just spent the day relaxing.  I did some shopping and took my time doing so I got home rather late--about five o'clock.  

I bought myself a pork roast and a sweet potato to make for today--the first real meal I've made since Mom passed.  I thought it might do me some good to have and make a good home made meal.

I've been living off of cereal, yogurt, popcorn and fast food for the past two weeks.  Enough of that.  

I've already been up, dressed and have a load of laundry in the washer.  I also planted some strawberrys, herbs and tomato's in some cute little kit like things I bought at Walmart yesterday that were only $2.50 each.  I thought they would give me something to watch grow.  

I also bought a new self watering pot for my Michael Crawford rose.  I thought it was dead but when I cut some of the lower branches off of it, they didn't snap like they would if they were dead.  They also didn't have the dry, dead look inside them that the top branches did.

I cut everything I thought looked bad until I found what looked like it could live.

I have the hope that with the new pot (which will self water the plant as it needs water), new soil and rose fertilizer, I might be able to bring it back from the brink.  One can but try.   :)

DR Danise, congratulations! You are a survivor, and I'm happy to see the healing has begun.  You'll be surprised by the oddest little somethingthat will provoke unhappiness and grief out of nowhere.  Accept it when it comes and continue to heal and grow.  In  four months I've gone from weeping every other day to around once a week, if it's a bad week.  City Opera revs back up in late September so if you might be feeling in a New York State of Mind about then, you know you've got a few good friends here!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2007, 07:16:51 AM »

Is this indeed the last year the Tony Awards Show will be broadcast on network television?

Not necessarily. The ratings were up last year, and tonight's ratings will tell a big tale.

Of course, it has the misfortune to be airing opposite the series finale of THE SOPRANOS, and that can't help it.

We'll see.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2007, 07:19:51 AM »

Good morning!

I slept a little later than usual this morning, but since I went to bed later than usual (2 a.m.), the later hour didn't produce any more sleep. Alas.

A tiny bit cooler today which is helpful.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 07:20:09 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2007, 07:22:40 AM »

In answer to your comment of last night, DR derBrucer, about SWEET MOVIE and the comments on the IMDB:

I use the IMDB only as a tool to research credits or facts about films or personalities connected to films. I never, NEVER read the "reviews" there.

Besides, the drinking of urine was one of the lesser atrocities committed in SWEET MOVIE and one that I knew was going to happen beforehand.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2007, 07:25:08 AM »

This afternoon will be more relaxing without having SWEET MOVIE hanging over my head. I'll finish out THE CLOSER Season 2 box (the two part season finale) and then I believe BRIDGE TO TERIBITHIA will come next.

A Disney movie will seem such a pleasurable vacation after yesterday's movie horrors.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2007, 07:26:53 AM »

I know just what you're feeling, DR Ron, in rewatching all these films with the upconversion capabilities of your new player. I think you'll find THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS will also pop right off the screen.

You'll also enjoy the added depth the upconversion will bring to action/advanture titles like RIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and STAR WARS.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2007, 07:27:27 AM »

And, of course, once you start rewatching the LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy, we won't hear the end of it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51   Go Up