Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG  (Read 28030 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007, 07:59:47 AM »

« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:00:15 AM by Edisaurus »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2007, 07:59:55 AM »

Well, I should saunter over to the office and make a pot of coffee. If I get there first, I can make the good stuff instead of the store brand.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:00:33 AM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2007, 08:03:02 AM »

With only ENTOURAGE coming on tonight to watch, ...
What?  You don't watch Next Food Network Star?

::)

(It's my guilty pleasure this summer.  Alton Brown had the best line last week, when he asked about the contestants, "Can't we send them all home and just start over?")
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jason

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2007, 08:07:59 AM »

Morning, all...

I'm not ready to be awake yet, and yet I am. I have to head to the theatre a tad early today so I can run next door to SPAMALOT to get $5's and $10's. It's amazing how quickly you can go through change when people insist on paying for $10 programs with $100 bills.  ::)

I'm quite good friends with a few original cast members of MERRILY, and their stories are fascinating. One of my favorites is of Patti LuPone coming to see the show just after she'd finished her run in Evita. Apparently she saw the show a few times, and on closing night she sat in the front row wearing a sweatshirt that had "Former Broadway Star" printed on the front.

Annie sang at Seth's Chatterbox a couple of years ago - after the 20th Anniversary reunion concert - and did a parody version of "Make It Like It Was" or whatever it's called...the song she sings to Charlie in the bar. It's quite funny - Jason Alexander came up with it - and indicates that they all knew that no one in the audience knew what was going on. And Annie freely admits that they all knew they were too young to be playing some of the stuff in the first act...

In my younger days, I may have seen a couple of different videos of the original Broadway production in various stages of previews, and I have to say, the butcher paper swimming pool scene was laughable. When Mary pushes Gussie in, you just hear tearing paper...hahaha!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:11:19 AM by Jason »

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2007, 08:10:00 AM »

What?  You don't watch Next Food Network Star?

::)

(It's my guilty pleasure this summer.  Alton Brown had the best line last week, when he asked about the contestants, "Can't we send them all home and just start over?")

Alton is on ANOTHER show? How does he do it?

Maybe GOOD EATS is on hiatus.

My godson's father is trying out as a writer for G.E.---I've been trying to coach him a little but so far the scripts haven't passed muster. I guess nobody can do it as well as A.B. himself. (Kind of like prepping a surface for paint, for us...)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2007, 08:10:23 AM »

And the word of the day is: HARMATIA!
The closest that Maria, the butcher's wife, came to having a HARMATIA was her habit of showing up at her husband's shoppe wearing a HAM TIARA.  None of the customers dared laugh, however - who would, when the husband is carrying a cleaver - and none could muster the courage to tell her "Pork should not be used as a HAT, MARIA."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2007, 08:12:17 AM »

Alton is on ANOTHER show? How does he do it?
This was merely a guest shot, acting as a mentor and judge, winnowing the contestants down from five to four.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2007, 08:14:21 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm having my bowl of oatmeal - as opposed to DR Ben's bowl of oatmeal.  Now that would be most unseemly.
Make Your Own Luck.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2007, 08:16:52 AM »

I'm so glad that a famed pianist on the upper west side isn't to be seen dipping his tongue into someone else's bowl.....especially this early in the day!  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2007, 08:18:14 AM »

As for "The Next Food Network Star" - I haven't caught all the episodes this season - or maybe I have since it gets repeated at various times throughout the week, but... Just like while watching the first two seasons, I just have to wonder if the finalists are truly representative of the people who applied to be on the show.  There are just too many inept, personality-challenged people, imho, to make the show a true competition.  -Or are all the "good" people getting on "Hell's Kitchen" and "Top Chef"?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2007, 08:18:56 AM »

No, I'm enjoying my hiatus from reality show television until PROJECT RUNWAY appears this fall.

With summer hits like THE CLOSER, RESCUE ME, PSYCH, and the soon-to-come launches of new dramatic hours starring Glenn Close and Holly Hunter, the summer is for me as exciting a time for TV watching as the regular season. Certainly don't need reality TV to flesh out my viewing schedule.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2007, 08:21:50 AM »

I'm so glad that a famed pianist on the upper west side isn't to be seen dipping his tongue into someone else's bowl.....especially this early in the day!  :)

It's never too early for... Oh... Nevermind...

:-X

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2007, 08:24:08 AM »

...For Levain!

-Yeah, that's what I meant to say originally.  Yeah.. Yes indeedy.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2007, 08:27:03 AM »

Well, I think I'm going to take an hour or so - because I can and should - and tidy up my room a bit.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »

Heading down now to do some reading and then start preparing lunch. I also have laundry to do this afternoon. Not fun but necessary.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jason

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2007, 08:34:20 AM »

I don't get to watch THE NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR very often, but there's something very cute about that Paul...

Miss Karen

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2007, 08:36:46 AM »

Happy Sunday, all your HHWers!

I had the sweetest dream last night ... DRs MusicGuy and Jose were frollicking atop a giant Baked Alaska as they enacted a nude opera in loin cloths with the giant paws stratigically placed so the businessman with suit case lurking in the background wasn't too aghast while DR Jason, who was looking most aghast, waved his calculator at them and hollered at them to get down from there because their giant Baked Alaska was way over the point total for the day ....

What does it mean DR JRand? ...

(Just kidding, but I should have dreamed it ...)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2007, 08:37:21 AM »

good morning.  I am just returned from church.  I have gotten my etickets for tomorrows performance of Les Miz and must now get some cleaning done.

The Vixter & I are looking forward to having dinner tomorrow with the 2 J's of Broadway!!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Miss Karen

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2007, 08:39:54 AM »

The Vixter & I are looking forward to having dinner tomorrow with the 2 J's of Broadway!!!!

The 2 J's of Broadway -- I like it, DR Vixmom!

Miss Karen

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2007, 08:40:51 AM »

And what did you think of "1408" BK?

MBarnum

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2007, 08:44:50 AM »

By special request here are my petunias!

...my lemon petunias mixed with some purple.....

....but these here are my favorites......

vixmom

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2007, 08:45:27 AM »

1408? Is that the new Stephen King movie Jose was so highly recommending?

Miss Karen

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2007, 08:46:09 AM »

I loved all the HHWer photos yesterday ... I love Photo Day HHWay and make the motion that we have one more often ... It was great to see the NYC folks and sites -- and now have visuals when DR Jose talks about grilling on his patio, where guests sleep on DR ELmo's "Balcony"etc. etc. I'll even learn how to scan and post so I can participate ...

vixmom

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2007, 08:46:13 AM »

I am getting the hairy eyeball... time to go do some housework.....hugs & kisses!!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 08:46:34 AM by vixmom »

Miss Karen

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2007, 08:47:25 AM »

and Mikey, your slide show with narrative was most witty and entertaining -- I want more!

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2007, 08:47:29 AM »

and just for the heck of it, Freddy in his new favorite summer sleeping place....

..bedroom......

.....and bathroom.....

MusicGuy

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2007, 08:53:14 AM »

Happy Sunday, all your HHWers!

I had the sweetest dream last night ... DRs MusicGuy and Jose were frollicking atop a giant Baked Alaska as they enacted a nude opera in loin cloths with the giant paws stratigically placed so the businessman with suit case lurking in the background wasn't too aghast while DR Jason, who was looking most aghast, waved his calculator at them and hollered at them to get down from there because their giant Baked Alaska was way over the point total for the day ....

What does it mean DR JRand? ...

You know Ms. Karen.... just when I think you can't amaze me by going any further out into far left field,..... you do just that!!  Only you !  ;D

(Oh my God,... I just made a baseball reference..... I'm feeling especially macho and butch today, so maybe dear Esteemed BK will give me a new hickey!)

MusicGuy

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2007, 08:54:45 AM »

Hi Mikey.... how about a current picture of Bosco, lounging somewhere in your home Environs.....

Miss Karen

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2007, 08:56:41 AM »

and who was that Masked Man -- the Lone Ranger? No, Shrew Man !!  DR Jorge, thanks for your costume photos.  Looking like a super hero (maybe Mikey can borrow your robes and mask the next time he's called into action to save the day).  

I'm serious I want more Photo Days at HHWay!  Mikey, you're off to a good start with your flowers and Freddy pix.  Makes me want to reach out and pet him -- Freddy not Mikey, well, okay, you, too, Mikey!  Maybe DR Laura will go out for a walk and share what she sees ...

Miss Karen

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2007, 08:59:11 AM »

Hi Mikey.... how about a current picture of Bosco, lounging somewhere in your home Environs.....

Here, here.  I want to see Bosco! .. and Sherlock ... and Boo .. and all the other HHW pet family members.  I must learn how to scan and post so everyone can see Deuce....
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:09:30 AM by Miss Karen »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up