Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE APPROACHING CLOCK  (Read 45159 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:THE APPROACHING CLOCK
« Reply #360 on: July 26, 2007, 07:15:11 PM »

We liked the Closer pilot & found Brenda flawed but endearing.  The show has evolved nicely & Brenda, while still flawed-lol, has become even more endearing.  Grace on the other hand may be saved, but sadly never enjoyable to watch.

I think I was probably over-critical because I had just signed on for the whole season, and was working on WANTED at the same time. I'm glad I ended up sticking with THE CLOSER. WANTED is gone, SAVED is gone, and I don't hold out too much hope for HEARTLAND.

GRACE's pilot did huge numbers, almost as big as THE CLOSER that night, so the true test is to see if they continue to retain that audience.

I've been hearing great things about their new miniseries, THE COMPANY. Ridley Scott directed it and it looks great---visually stunning for a TV series!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #361 on: July 26, 2007, 07:16:59 PM »

1690 AM was Air America....we were sad when it didn't stay on the air, but they still kept Al Franken's show.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #362 on: July 26, 2007, 07:34:06 PM »

I can't listen to radio stations on the internet, have no idea why.

Jane

« Reply #363 on: July 26, 2007, 07:35:59 PM »

The previews for THE COMPANY looked like something coming out in theaters.  The cast might have helped promote the feeling.  

Jane

« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »

MBarnum, I suggest Charlie, if he hasn't done so, contact the breeder for assistance finding a home for Coda.

The Golden Retriever rescue groups might also be of some assistance.

Jane

« Reply #365 on: July 26, 2007, 07:44:45 PM »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #366 on: July 26, 2007, 07:49:59 PM »

Animosity Abounds!

;D

Needless to say, I dont blame you for being irritated. You have done your best to be cordial and diplomatic but if the roomie  is playing the part of a spoiled brat, you have every right to be ticked. There are rules for a reason and she is not excepted from them no matter how they view it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

François

« Reply #367 on: July 26, 2007, 07:51:26 PM »

Hi François.  Did you do anything exciting during your time away from us?

Nope! I spent a lot of time with my (real) mother who lives away from me the rest of the time! I rested and rested and when I was through with resting I rested some more!

The only "thrilling" thing I did was going to a small town, Bassac (30 minutes away from my hometown) where they had some live jazz music, last saturday! They had a fine Jazz Quartet which played New Orleans music; they are from Bordeaux and the pianist is English!
Believe it or not but at 6:00 pm that day it was dreadfully windy and chilly!
It was in the courtyard of the City Hall (Mairie) a few steps from the "abbatiale" pictured here: http://home.scarlet.be/wimvanrompuy/images/bassac.jpg
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 07:52:28 PM by François »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #368 on: July 26, 2007, 07:57:10 PM »

Three little words:  Conflict Of Interest.

;D

i have always felt that when friends sometimes live together it can hurt a freindship...

Perhaps I am a bit jaded after seeing high school friends among incoming college students who room together only to move to different rooms at the end of the semester for different roommates.

Just my 2 cents...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #369 on: July 26, 2007, 08:00:28 PM »

Well, my sister just called me and told me that she just bought a big flat-screen HD TV!!  I'm going over now to help set it up...meaning, I'm going to set it up.  They don't have a HD or BlueRay DVD player yet, so we'll see how all the settings go.  Matt H., I may need to ask some questions. ::)

:D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 08:00:55 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #370 on: July 26, 2007, 08:00:58 PM »

I have a funny feeling that this is a different INVASION USA than the one I worked on. (Which also features my DH's childhood home being blown to smithereens, before I'd even met him!)

welll at least the jeans look nice....

George

« Reply #371 on: July 26, 2007, 08:01:32 PM »

Have a good evening, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #372 on: July 26, 2007, 08:02:05 PM »

And even more
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]

$$$  FUNDRAISING VIBES!! $$$
[/font]
[/move]

to BK!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #373 on: July 26, 2007, 08:06:38 PM »

Ask her what % of the Rent the Boyfriend will be paying!

My friend Sandy's niece asked that of her roommate becuase of her roommates boyfriend alwasy sleeping over.

He shelled out money for awhile until it annoyed her even more and she then asked if he was going to contribute to the utilities, groceries and cable bill. He then cut back his visits after that.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #374 on: July 26, 2007, 08:07:34 PM »

As long as Carol Burnett is appearing in people's dreams, I'm wondering who, today, is like Carol Burnett, then?  I'm talking very warm, very funny, powerhouse singers between 40-54, lovable and wacky, not a particularly contemporary feel...

Ileen Kristen

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #375 on: July 26, 2007, 08:08:12 PM »

Edisaurus, I'd be delighted to be interviewed about Li'l Abner!  Who is this Harris fellow?

George

« Reply #376 on: July 26, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »

But before I go...

~~~Funding Vibes for BK!!~~~

and the Topic of the Day (I have 12 selections ::):

Auntie Mame
Brokeback Mountain
A Christmas Story
It's A Wonderful Life
Meet Me In St. Louis
The Muppet Movie
Singing In The Rain
The Sound of Music
Strictly Ballroom
Victor/Victoria
What's Up Doc?

:D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 08:08:57 PM by George »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #377 on: July 26, 2007, 08:08:47 PM »

One name in my book: Judy Kaye!

Two HIps and an HOOORAY!!!

Francois is back!!

I hope your vacation was nice

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #378 on: July 26, 2007, 08:09:15 PM »

Funding vibes for Bk!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #379 on: July 26, 2007, 08:13:25 PM »

Who the heck is hiring him?  And why?

He does the feature commentary on WORDS & MUSIC.

Really, he's written two outstanding books. A SONG IN THE DARK details in great and fascinating detail and first five years of talkie musicals. It's one of my favorite movie reference books.

SCREENED OUT is his examination of gay images on film in less detail but quite a bit more depth than either THE LAVENDER SCREEN or THE CELLULOID CLOSET.

So, he has credentials and knowledge. I find him a lot less objectionable than some other frequent commentators used on discs.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #380 on: July 26, 2007, 08:15:45 PM »

That made me laugh.  A lot!

Well, I guess all the vibes worked! We move into the new office on Tuesday.  Thank God this crisis is over.

And thank you, all, for the vibes and for putting up with me.

This is great, great news. I'm glad this kind of pressure and frustration should be over.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #381 on: July 26, 2007, 08:16:02 PM »

That made me laugh.  A lot!

Well, I guess all the vibes worked! We move into the new office on Tuesday.  Thank God this crisis is over.

And thank you, all, for the vibes and for putting up with me.

Congrats on the new office!!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #382 on: July 26, 2007, 08:19:53 PM »

Edisaurus, I'd be delighted to be interviewed about Li'l Abner!  Who is this Harris fellow?

Here he is on the ibdb:
http://www.ibdb.com/person.asp?ID=22695

We may also be coming out to LA this year to do some interviews---perhaps including Jo Stafford. I asked Randy Newman last year and he said he would be game, too.
Whenever we go, I hope it will be at a time when you're there!

Supposedly, Johnny Mercer and Paul McCartney were once exploring the idea of collaborating (Paul is a huge fan) so he's also on our wish list. I say "our" but even though I've been editing this so far, it may eventually be taken over by KCET. Either way, I've enjoyed learning more about Mr. Mercer and his music!

Matt H.

« Reply #383 on: July 26, 2007, 08:20:31 PM »

Edi-I have a Closer question for you.

Possible spoiler:

At the end of the last episode she is curled up on the bed exhausted.  Is that a lead into a future storyline or simply how the episode ended?

Keith thinks she might be pregnant.  I said I hope not, between the fever, wine & cold meds, which would be scary.  I don’t expect you to comment on this statement. ;D

SPOILER SPACE

I know nothing about pregnancy (obviously), but I actually thought this might be the beginning of menopause for her. Of course, I don't know anything about that either.   ::)

Edisaurus

« Reply #384 on: July 26, 2007, 08:24:56 PM »

SPOILER SPACE

I know nothing about pregnancy (obviously), but I actually thought this might be the beginning of menopause for her. Of course, I don't know anything about that either.   ::)

That is certainly a possibility that is discussed. But, as S. Epatha Merkenson will tell us, there are also other possibilities. A major plot point occurs in S. Epatha's office, a week from this coming Monday.

Edisaurus

« Reply #385 on: July 26, 2007, 08:25:45 PM »

Gee, I feel all cryptic and stuff.

Matt H.

« Reply #386 on: July 26, 2007, 08:25:51 PM »

Very strange thing about THE PIRATE DVD. When I turned the home theater back on, I put THE PIRATE back in to watch "Mack the Black" one more time, and there was NO popping or cracking. Now I'm wondering if there wasn't static electricity that was causing that sound when I watched it the first time. True, I only watched that one number so I could get to other things, but I will put the disc back on and watch the entire thing again when I've finished all the other discs in the set to see if I hear that popping again.

Matt H.

« Reply #387 on: July 26, 2007, 08:27:55 PM »

That is certainly a possibility that is discussed. But, as S. Epatha Merkenson will tell us, there are also other possibilities. A major plot point occurs in S. Epatha's office, a week from this coming Monday.

Thanks for this inside information. Just makes me anticipate the episodes all the more.

I saw the wonderful ratings for THE CLOSER and SAVING GRACE this afternoon, and even if GRACE doesn't quite hold up next week to its premiere numbers, it's already started off FAR stronger than HEARTLAND did. I'm sure TNT is ecstatic about that.

Matt H.

« Reply #388 on: July 26, 2007, 08:30:15 PM »

I watched the entire first disc of THE MUPPET SHOW (there are four discs in the set). I think it was 7 episodes. I was not looking forward to the Milton Berle episode, and it ended up being the best on the first disc. Statler and Waldorf heckle his standup routine, and he sets up about five minutes of Don Rickles-like putdowns from them that had me howling.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #389 on: July 26, 2007, 08:30:37 PM »

Wow---what radio station is that?

They play her a lot on my favorite Atlanta station, which you can listen to as a live stream:
http://www.1690wmlb.com/

They play opera, rock, folk, Broadway, country, comedy, world music----it's all intermingled but it all works!

Interesting station!

I have bookmarked it for future listening. Reminds me of Renradio and HIghlander radio.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up