Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down

Author Topic: PROFOUND PROFUNDITY  (Read 44096 times)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
Re:PROFOUND PROFUNDITY
« Reply #390 on: January 14, 2004, 09:18:23 PM »

Joshua Bell is not only from Indiana, he is also the boyfriend of Ms. Kristi "Glinda" Chenoweth. They make a cute couple...

The Penthouse at Lincoln Center, assuming it's the Kaplan Penthouse, is actually down the street from Julliard. That is where the MERRILY reunion cast party was held. It was a swellegant evening, and a very nice space for a party...

What attractive and artistically talented children those two could produce!

And yes, it is the Kaplan Penthouse.  Paid for, I assume, by millions of high schoolers sweating over their SATs.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #391 on: January 14, 2004, 09:21:28 PM »

I've been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm season one.  How many seasons have there been so far?
I'm fairly certain this is Season 4. My daughter bought herself Season 1 as a birthday present, so when I visit her for her birthday celebration on Saturday, we'll probably watch it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #392 on: January 14, 2004, 09:27:24 PM »

Good morning! Good afternoon!  Good evening!

-Just wanted to cover all my usual bases. ;)

Greetings from snowy - and quite beautiful in the snow - New York City!

The trip up was nice and uneventful.  Steve and I left Richmond around 8:15, and made it to the Lincoln Tunnel at around 2:15 - and that was with three stops along the way for "necessaries" and some snacks.  Steve drove the first part of the drive, then I took over after Baltimore.  It was nice driving his car, a Saturn Vue - great pick up, high off the ground and a very quiet ride compared to mine.  Well... Since I wasn't used to driving his car...  As I stated, we made it to the Lincoln Tunnel at 2:15... And that's when I looked at the gas guage... and the lighted "gas pump" symbol... Oops...  Thankfully, we were right at the Kennedy Blvd. exit, so we pulled off, and pulled into a Hess station.  WHEW!  From the amount of gas that got pumped in, we only had about a gallon left.  WHEW!!  So, we headed back into the tunnel, and we were at the hotel about five minutes later - there was hardly any traffic coming out the tunnel!

We spent about an hour "decompressing" in our nice hotel room, then headed over to Amy's Breads for a pre-dinner snack.  Then it was over to Times Square to check out the Hershey's store, Colony, etc. - the usual suspects.  While Steve was browsing in Colony, I made the rounds to pick up the tickets for the shows this week!  GREAT SEATS!  -I will have quite a few Thank You notes to write once I get back for the house seats.

For dinner, I "treated" Steve to his first Joe Allen experience.  Very good meal - we both had the sirloin - I was thinking of you DR Jason. ;)  And at a table just one away from us, Mssrs. Charles Durning and Dan Laria were dining.  -Sorry, BK, still no Remy Zakin(sp?).  Then after finally flagging down the waiter for our check, and waiting in the line(!) for our coats, we raced over to the Henry Miller in the snow to catch URINETOWN.

What a wonderful show!  We both enjoyed it immensely.  And, as, I believe, DR WEL, noted a few weeks ago, the show is in very good shape.  Great energy, great timing.  -And the one person whom I thought I would know it, was no longer in the show.. Ah, well..

Then we walked through Times Square trying to keep our digital cameras from getting too "flaked".  Times Square in the snow is/was so bright with all the lights and neon reflecting off the snowflakes.  After a stop at the Roxy for some pastries(!), we headed back to the hotel...  And here we are now.

So...

I just wanted to post.  Unfortunately, due to the incredibly slow dial-up internet connection via the hotel switchboard, I haven't read today's notes, nor any of the posts... I will undoubtedly have plenty of catching up to do once I get back Sunday night.  But in the meantime...

All is well in NYC!  Hope all is well wherever you are too!  -And I'll try my best to check in as the week progresses...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #393 on: January 14, 2004, 09:28:37 PM »

Well, the hour is quite late East COast time, so I'll call it a night, and see you folks tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #394 on: January 14, 2004, 09:30:16 PM »

We shall await the late-night denizens.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #395 on: January 14, 2004, 09:37:33 PM »

Thanks (think about it, you'll figure out why I said it).

Panni

« Reply #396 on: January 14, 2004, 09:38:40 PM »

I've just chewed almost an entire pack of bubble gum. I'm in a bubble gum frenzy. Somebody stop me! I need to call a buddy at Bubbleaholics Anonymous.

td

• td
« Reply #397 on: January 14, 2004, 09:40:54 PM »

We shall await the late-night denizens.

well, this late night denizen is brushing up on his shakespeare: following TAMING OF THE SHREW,  i threw in Paramount's ROMEO & JULIET.  Another fine transfer.   Olivia Hussey's eyes are so beautiful, not as beautiful as Liz' eyes, nor as beautiful as Leonard Whiting (in definite *twink* mode) in all of his glory.
These Zeffirelli productions are certainly not short on production values. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #398 on: January 14, 2004, 09:41:57 PM »

'twasn't moi!  I hit somebody with my karmaliscious lightning bolt yesterday. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Panni

« Reply #399 on: January 14, 2004, 09:43:17 PM »

No more karma! Good move. Thank you, Mr. Mark B.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #400 on: January 14, 2004, 09:44:10 PM »

It's the end of an era...which is not always a bad thing. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #401 on: January 14, 2004, 09:46:40 PM »

Well, I wasn't thanking because someone GAVE me karma.  Well, listen, if that sort of thing makes someone feel better, boo away.  Nothing about people surprises me anymore, and if I were to tell you the names of the two people involved in today's pranks I think you would sit and scratch your head - well, actually, one of them would be no surprise to anyone, but the other one would.  

Panni

« Reply #402 on: January 14, 2004, 09:48:39 PM »

Okay, I'm going to try to stop chewing and read for a bit.

Panni

« Reply #403 on: January 14, 2004, 09:50:38 PM »

...An unfortunate posting right after bk's remarks. Weren't me, boss.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 09:51:14 PM by Panni »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #404 on: January 14, 2004, 09:53:42 PM »

Good - Mr. Mark Bakalor acted faster than I thought he would.  I spoke to him earlier about it, but he was waiting to see if we could figure something out - but, when this last little baby BS happened, I simply asked him to do away with it right now.

I guess the two kiddies involved just don't like me very much.  Unfortunately, this would be a rather silly site to come to if you don't like me, because I'm not going anywhere soon.  You two are, of course, free to take your butt cheeks elsewhere.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #405 on: January 14, 2004, 09:56:26 PM »

Welcome thirteen GUESTS, two of whom I'm quite certain are the two people referenced above.  I'm actually quite nauseated by all this - I shall sign off for awhile.  Be back later.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #406 on: January 14, 2004, 10:01:38 PM »

I frequently read posts as a guest before I log in. But I've never taken karma from anyone.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

« Reply #407 on: January 14, 2004, 10:09:51 PM »

George, you must try one of Taco del Mar's fish tacos.  They are wonderful.  I know they sound disgusting, but you will be pleasantly surprised.  Taco del Mar is a Northwest only chain.

I went to Taco Del Mar for dinner and, at TCB's emphatic suggestion, I tried (for the first time ever) the fish taco.  In a word:  Ick. :P  Okay, I'll admit that I did get it to go...and by the time I got home, it was not as warm as when I first bought it (in other words, not at all)...and they steamed the corn tortilla so it was somewhat slimy by the time I ate it.  Anyway, sensing the possibility that I might not like the fish taco, I also got my usual super veggie burrito...which was pretty good, so all was not lost.

But in spite of all that, I will more than likely try it again...if only to make absolutely sure that I really don't like it (because I do like tacos and I do like fishsticks).  However, I'll only try it when I know I'll be able to eat it there (when it's fresh) and it doesn't have a chance to get slimy (being steamed and all).  I also may try it with the flour tortilla because those are really good when steamed. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #408 on: January 14, 2004, 10:20:50 PM »

Joshua Bell is not only from Indiana, he is also the boyfriend of Ms. Kristi "Glinda" Chenoweth. They make a cute couple...

That's interesting, Jason.  I saw a concert in Central Park on PBS sometime last year (I think it was last year) with Bell and Chenoweth and it was a Bernstein concert.

She sang Cunegonde's "Glitter and Be Gay" with Bell playing violin beside her!  It was a fabulous concert!  Don't know when it originally played, but it was well-attended.

MBarnum

« Reply #409 on: January 14, 2004, 10:22:36 PM »

I am sorry to see the karma go away, BK. I enjoy giving them when someone posts something that makes me chuckle, and I even liked it when I have noticed that someone has given me another karma point...it gives me a nice feeling, as I am sure it does others...and besides it was sort of fun! And fun and nice is why I check in at HHW every day!

I don't know why anyone would remove a karma from someone... and, although it didn't hurt my feelings on the couple of occasions that I noticed mine had been removed, it did always make me wonder what I did to cause it  ??? I have always refrained from taking away anyones karma points...it just ain't neighborly to do such things. JMHO (Just my humble opinion in internet talk)

Laura II

« Reply #410 on: January 14, 2004, 10:29:47 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]REALITY SHOWS[/move]

"The Bachelorette"--I liked it as usual, Jenn. Laura likes Ian. :) I wasn't surprised with her choices, I guess, but I can't judge because we hardly "met" the guys. I feel bad because if ABC doesn't continually put up their names on the first episode, I don't remember the lackluster guys.

"The Apprentice"--I finally watched last week's episode tonight, haven't seen tonight's yet. It's fast-paced, quite enjoyable so far. David rubbed me the wrong way, so I'm glad he's out. Sam and Tammy must go (but especially Sam).

Karma: I'm indifferent/neutral. (Indifferent, with its prefix, just looks negative to me!) Just noticed that it was missing. :)
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Laura II

« Reply #411 on: January 14, 2004, 10:39:11 PM »

DR Jose, hope you are having a lovely time in NYC (even with the snow)! Your post reminded me of how much I miss the city! Gosh, I love Colony and Joe Allen!! I saw Matt Dillon there once. I also saw Matthew Broderick and Brad Oscar.
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #412 on: January 14, 2004, 10:57:53 PM »

Now, see...what I can't recall is whether Tom from Oz is supposed to be asleep now...or whether he is just out for an afternoon at the movies.

I cannot wait to hear his account/impressions of "The Return of the King" (he loves this saga as much as, if not more than, I).

I'm not going to miss the karma feature at all.  

I am especially glad not to have to read complaints about it any longer.  

:)

Jed

« Reply #413 on: January 14, 2004, 11:01:18 PM »

It's highly doubtful that our dear Tomovoz is sleeping... it's about 6pm Oz time at the moment.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #414 on: January 14, 2004, 11:01:44 PM »

I'll bet.

George

« Reply #415 on: January 14, 2004, 11:14:46 PM »

I'll see your bet and raise!

George

« Reply #416 on: January 14, 2004, 11:15:20 PM »

And congratulations our very own BK for being the first with 1800 posts!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #417 on: January 14, 2004, 11:16:36 PM »

My "I'll bet" was in response to the post of Mr. Pulliam - I didn't hit post fast enough.

George

« Reply #418 on: January 14, 2004, 11:16:53 PM »

I'm now going to go to sleep.  Goodnight all!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #419 on: January 14, 2004, 11:29:03 PM »

Sleep?  We don't need no stinking sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up