Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down

Author Topic: A NEW DO  (Read 94605 times)

Jason

Re:A NEW DO
« Reply #510 on: August 18, 2007, 11:39:32 PM »

DR Cason: 2:00 pm? I should be able to swing that. Sign me up!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #511 on: August 18, 2007, 11:40:23 PM »

2 pm indeed -- I'll get your ticket squared and away tomorrow.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Jason

« Reply #512 on: August 18, 2007, 11:40:37 PM »

Nope, Arlene Dahl is his mom.

Well, never mind, I see where my ex-lawyer beat me to the punch ...

Ex-lawyer or Ex-LOVE-UH?  ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #513 on: August 18, 2007, 11:41:08 PM »

I'm now watching "Soul Train," and, sadly, I can't tell if this was taped in the early 80's or last week.

Some of hte 80s fashions are coming back!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jason

« Reply #514 on: August 18, 2007, 11:41:32 PM »

2 pm indeed -- I'll get your ticket squared and away tomorrow.

How splendiforous of you!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #515 on: August 18, 2007, 11:42:16 PM »

Mystery Science Theatre 3000!

Hi, Dakota! I'm also a fan of this show. There are quite a few episodes on DVD and some box sets which you can find used on Amazon.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jason

« Reply #516 on: August 18, 2007, 11:43:13 PM »

Some of hte 80s fashions are coming back!

Seeing the African-American man in the silver lame suit doing the high kicks gives me a slight indication that this was filmed in the early 80's. However, the gentleman break dancing in the 18th Century tunick confuses things a bit...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #517 on: August 18, 2007, 11:43:31 PM »

How splendiforous of you!

Well, seeing as how the number of people there to see me will now be one, I can't wait until Monday!
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #518 on: August 18, 2007, 11:44:24 PM »

Seeing the African-American man in the silver lame suit doing the high kicks gives me a slight indication that this was filmed in the early 80's. However, the gentleman break dancing in the 18th Century tunick confuses things a bit...

Sounds like a regular Saturday night around here...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #519 on: August 18, 2007, 11:45:00 PM »

Hi, Dakota! I'm also a fan of this show. There are quite a few episodes on DVD and some box sets which you can find used on Amazon.

In one of the episodes there is a reference of them bombing Moorhead State. My alma mater...

I will have to look for them. I have seen some clips on youtube
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

« Reply #520 on: August 18, 2007, 11:45:11 PM »

And now for a sampling of some of the photos that DR Jose and I have taken at Virgin Records over the past few weeks...

I don't even know how to begin explaining this one...it was all Jose's idea.

DR Jason---do you have more than one shirt? We have eliminated quite a few in the great purge of '07 and could send you some!   :)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #521 on: August 18, 2007, 11:47:11 PM »

The Fantasticks is over and done with.  Nice audience this evening, responsive to almost everything....strike was simple....

Congratulations on a sucessful run, JRand!

Jason

« Reply #522 on: August 18, 2007, 11:48:07 PM »

DR Jason---do you have more than one shirt? We have eliminated quite a few in the great purge of '07 and could send you some!   :)

Actually, my avatar and this picture were taken on the self-same day.

But I do like my blues...

FJL

« Reply #523 on: August 18, 2007, 11:48:18 PM »

Miss Karen - Somebody beat you to the punch?  That'll be the day, IIRC.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #524 on: August 18, 2007, 11:48:24 PM »

Congrats JRand!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #525 on: August 18, 2007, 11:48:25 PM »

When I left, ten pages - I return to eighteen.  Holy moley on rye.  Cason don't forget the key situation - I won't rest easy till you have them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #526 on: August 18, 2007, 11:48:57 PM »

I was watching a three hour David Lynch movie, which should have been called David's Greatest Hits.

FJL

« Reply #527 on: August 18, 2007, 11:49:05 PM »

Oops, I forgot that part of the settlement was an anti-disparagement clause.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #528 on: August 18, 2007, 11:50:53 PM »

When I left, ten pages - I return to eighteen.  Holy moley on rye.  Cason don't forget the key situation - I won't rest easy till you have them.

I'm going to be paying Tom a call tomorrow.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #529 on: August 18, 2007, 11:51:24 PM »

Mbarnum, are you familair with a bollywood film called "Partner"?

Jason

« Reply #530 on: August 18, 2007, 11:52:08 PM »

Well, seeing as how the number of people there to see me will now be one, I can't wait until Monday!

Awww...how sad that I'm to be your special guest. I shall try to be a model audience member...I'll wear the glasses.

May I applaud and laugh louder than everyone else and point and shout, "OMIGOD, I KNOW HIM!" and hoot and holler during the curtain call and throw monkey cake at your feet? Perhaps I'll even wear my "I [Heart] Cason Murphy" t-shirt... I'll have to see if it's clean...it's seen a lot of use lately. If it's dirty, I can always wear my "Friend of Boo-Key" hoodie.

FJL

« Reply #531 on: August 18, 2007, 11:52:11 PM »

Cason - Not sure we'll get there as of right now, but hoping - we bought tickets to Monday night just in case, so at least we're contributing to your grosses.  (You do get a percentage of the gross, don't you?  :) )  

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #532 on: August 18, 2007, 11:54:31 PM »

Cason - Not sure we'll get there as of right now, but hoping - we bought tickets to Monday night just in case, so at least we're contributing to your grosses.  (You do get a percentage of the gross, don't you?  :) )  

Well, our production company splits the door 40-60 with the venue.  Of course, we don't really seem much of that...here's to hoping something big and grand comes out of it though.  I'd take that kind of payoff.

Jason

« Reply #533 on: August 18, 2007, 11:54:44 PM »

The woman being interviewed on "Soul Train" says that her name is Deborah (pronounced de-BOR-ah)...

That's almost as pretentious as Shonghai.

Almost.

Edisaurus

« Reply #534 on: August 18, 2007, 11:54:56 PM »

Mani Pedi sounds like the star of one of DR MBARNUM's movies.

Wasn't she James Bond's assistant?

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #535 on: August 18, 2007, 11:55:41 PM »

Awww...how sad that I'm to be your special guest. I shall try to be a model audience member...I'll wear the glasses.

May I applaud and laugh louder than everyone else and point and shout, "OMIGOD, I KNOW HIM!" and hoot and holler during the curtain call and throw monkey cake at your feet? Perhaps I'll even wear my "I [Heart] Cason Murphy" t-shirt... I'll have to see if it's clean...it's seen a lot of use lately. If it's dirty, I can always wear my "Friend of Boo-Key" hoodie.

I expect nothing else.  
And if you bring Broadway's Krysta Rodriguez with you, you can do whatever you'd like.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 11:56:06 PM by Cason »

Edisaurus

« Reply #536 on: August 18, 2007, 11:59:01 PM »

I pointed that out to her when I got home from the show last night.

You went home last night with Ms. Rodriguez?

Remember Cason, discretion is the better part of valor, or something like that...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #537 on: August 18, 2007, 11:59:58 PM »

I think there is some massive Cason paraphrasing and statement interpretation going on here!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #538 on: August 19, 2007, 12:00:43 AM »

Discretion is often the better part of valor...

Jason

« Reply #539 on: August 19, 2007, 12:01:22 AM »

...you can do whatever you'd like.

Eat your heart out, DR Jose. ;)

Can I throw t-shirts at people and throw them out of the theatre? (Only after the show has ended, of course...I would never eject audience members during your performance - that would be quite unseemly.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 12:03:01 AM by Jason »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up