News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: OUTRE  (Read 81111 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:OUTRE
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2007, 09:28:27 AM »

DR Jose, did you cry when you got rid of your car? I keep mine for years and spend so much time driving that I get irrationally attached to my cars and feel like I'm abandoning them!

DR edisaurus - I did not cry at all.  In fact, I was giddy and relieved(!) once I had made the final arrangements to have it towed away (courtesy of Vehicles for Charity).  It was a good car, but I had really not driven it since January - it was staying on the street outside of Steve's place in Richmond.  And it really was about to break down for good, as it was, so... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2007, 09:30:11 AM »

LETTING GO VIBES!

Thank you, Jeanne. This is my "starter house" so I understand hoe you felt. I talked to my DH about it today over breakfast and he had some encouraging things to say.

And DR JRand's post made me very happy!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2007, 09:31:05 AM »

It's one of my favorite things about NYC.  I go to visit family in Arizona, and I experience the worst culture shock every time.  Not a black, brown, or any other color face for miles -- except for the support staff workers, like kitchen staff, etc....  :o :(  It creeps me out.  But here... you can stand on a subway car and hear and see a plethora of cultures, languages, etc.; and nobody cares what anybody else is up to.  Everyone minds their business, for the most part.  And yet, when someone is in trouble, there's always a helping hand around -- I've seen so many cases of perfect strangers helping each other carry strollers up and down stairs, holding doors, helping pick up dropped items, and so forth.  I LOVE this town!

Neat!

That is one thing I love about working in an academic library, you often see people from different countries. Granted we dont have the diversity of NYC or even London but it is more than what Fargo used to be. Fargo has a growing Kurdish, Hindi/Pakistani, Somali, Chinese, Vietnamese, Bosnian, Liberian and Sudanese.

I embrace the difference but sadly there are those narrowminded nitwits in the area who want to make life miserable for them.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2007, 09:32:50 AM »

I would love to see Cason end up on episode of Law and Order or perhaps a soap or some other show. Perhaps become EXTREMEly famous in musical theatre!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2007, 09:33:52 AM »

Page 5 Slide!!!

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2007, 09:35:30 AM »

Thank you, Jeanne. This is my "starter house" so I understand hoe you felt. I talked to my DH about it today over breakfast and he had some encouraging things to say.

And DR JRand's post made me very happy!
DR Edi, perhaps it will now become someone else's "starter house" and will be filled with such warmth and good vibes, that the new owner will be as much in love with it as you are and will take good care of it!
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2007, 09:38:05 AM »

DR Ginny - You're welcome.  El Centro on the northwest corner of 54th & 9th has some great Mexican food (not Tex-Mex) and killer margaritas.  And if you keep going down 54th to 10th, there is a great little coffee shop on the northeast corner.  And if you keeping walking further down, you can attend a show at Ars Nova, or attend a taping of "The Colbert Report" next door - the "The Daily Show" moved to a new studio a few blocks away.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 09:39:14 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2007, 09:44:37 AM »

Someday I would like to visit the Big Apple. My goal is also to someday go to Ireland.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2007, 09:54:51 AM »

Well... I had planned to head down to Richmond this weekend to see my aunt, but then I got called in to play for a couple more ACL shows as well as the Mary Poppins auditions on Friday.  I had been thinking I would just go ahead and fly down tonight after the show, and fly back up tomorrow night.  I've been checking for flights this morning, and there are still some reasonably priced round-trips available.  Then I started looking at the weather reports for tonight and tomorrow, and I guess Hurricane Dean is already making it's presence known further up the coast.  And the forecast for tomorrow both in Richmond and New York is for rain and thunderstorms, so...  I really can't risk not getting back to NYC tomorrow night since I'm playing Tuesday morning, so...  And the Amtrak schedules aren't working in my favor either... :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2007, 10:05:54 AM »

DR Jose - sorry it's not going to work out for you to visit with your aunt.  Sounds like you'd better stay in NYC.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2007, 10:07:34 AM »

Congrats DR JOSE on the additional shows and auditions!

Disconcerting on unable to travel...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2007, 10:11:25 AM »

WE have been getting a lot of rain up here lately also but much heavier rains in Minnesota and Wisconsin which desperately need rain.  However, downpours can be far worse than a gentle rain.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2007, 10:12:09 AM »

DR Jose - sorry it's not going to work out for you to visit with your aunt.  Sounds like you'd better stay in NYC.

Thanks, DR Ginny - Of course, I could have always said, "No," to the last-minute gigs this past week....  However, the only "comfort" I have is the fact that the airlines are already posting Travel Advisories on their site in regards to Hurricane Dean.

I guess that means I'll have to make a trip to Seattle in October.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2007, 10:15:24 AM »

Well, time for me to get ready for my matinee.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2007, 10:15:51 AM »

So come back in September! I would love to meet you!

If I hadn't depleted my vacation time I would. I will need to accumulate some more over the next few months before I can head north, south, east, or west again.

And of course I need to let DR Elmore3003 get over my previous visit before I can request sleeping quarters on his fire escape again. And who knows how long that will take!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2007, 10:22:52 AM »

I still have some vacation time but flying out of Fargo to anywhere is ridiculously expensive... 800 round trip to NYC...

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2007, 10:31:46 AM »

DR Ginny - You're welcome.  El Centro on the northwest corner of 54th & 9th has some great Mexican food (not Tex-Mex) and killer margaritas.  And if you keep going down 54th to 10th, there is a great little coffee shop on the northeast corner.  And if you keeping walking further down, you can attend a show at Ars Nova, or attend a taping of "The Colbert Report" next door - the "The Daily Show" moved to a new studio a few blocks away.

DR Jose, didn't we eat at El Centro last February?

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2007, 10:52:41 AM »

I might never Ketchup!

I did the deed and bought a Silver Membership for NYMF with two Brain tickets for Sept 30.

Is there some trick to now ordering, for money, tickets for other shows? I tried to get a pair for the afternoon showing of SGF, but couldn't get a link to work. Or must I now wait 'til Sept 1?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2007, 10:53:17 AM »

After that, I took two big bags of trade material to Amoeba and got a bunch of Bossa Nova CDs, as I’m still on my Bossa Nova kick. The first one I played on the way home was a home run – Marcus Valle, with arrangements by Eumir Deodato. Fantastico. I then came home and sat on my couch like so much fish.

It must be the drugs........  I swear that when I read this, that it read Marcel Marceau.  Somehow, the idea of a Marcel Marceau bossa nova album struck me almost as funny as MARCEL MARCEAU SINGS DISCO.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2007, 10:55:18 AM »

Was it FJL who last week used "Misty Cotton colored memories.........." in a parody of THE WAY WE WERE?
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2007, 10:55:24 AM »

Cilla, can I PM you... I have a legal / genealogy question foryou

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2007, 11:01:05 AM »

It must be the drugs........  I swear that when I read this, that it read Marcel Marceau.  Somehow, the idea of a Marcel Marceau bossa nova album struck me almost as funny as MARCEL MARCEAU SINGS DISCO.

Oh, TCB, I quite like the idea of MARCEL MARCEAU SINGS BOSSA NOVA.

I misread things all the time. Most I've had to censor.   ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2007, 11:03:19 AM »

Jason, fun photos.  That is as far as I got yesterday.  I need to get the house ready for company arriving today.  Good, long time friends will be staying the next three nights.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2007, 11:03:48 AM »

Doing some Gen research for DBF at the moment and I have hit a BIG brick wall in Iowa.....

However, on my own lines my brick walls seem to be connected to NYC....

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2007, 11:04:14 AM »

Marvelous Matt is here, fixing the plumbing. But you could guess that, right? It's been one of those weekends when things keep breaking, despite our diligent efforts to keep fixing.

Does JRAND have anything to say about the planetary influence on repairs and breakage?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2007, 11:04:27 AM »

Thank you Amy for your comments regarding the editing process.  It was so strange to see that SOUND OF MUSIC clip the morning after I dreamed about the re-edited TV-movie.  It would be an interesting concept to pursue something along the lines of the French film you mentioned.  I wonder if I could get a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)?
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2007, 11:05:37 AM »

The people who give it good reviews on Amazon.com must be friends of the director or cast.

Or there is sex-trade for good reviews - a time honored practice, I'm sure.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2007, 11:07:50 AM »

DER Jose-FANTASTIC photos!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2007, 11:09:50 AM »

Jane, how is Sherlock?

Jane

« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2007, 11:10:02 AM »

Edi-Good moving vibes & may you be very happy in your new home.  I know how you feel, saying goodbye is so difficult, as you said you aren't moving far.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up