Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FIFTH BRAIN  (Read 47977 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE FIFTH BRAIN
« Reply #540 on: September 28, 2007, 10:43:50 PM »

it would show in C

.                           date of 9-25-2007
..                          the same date
My docutments    9-21-07
Windows              10-30-2004
there are three more and they are 2004 and 2006

Below that is disc space available
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #541 on: September 28, 2007, 10:43:54 PM »

He is thinking.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

FJL

« Reply #542 on: September 28, 2007, 10:44:06 PM »

Here's the NY Times rundown of NYMF shows that Bruce talked about.  Congrats to Bruce and Cason for such lovely mentions in the paper of record..

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/29/theater/reviews/29musi.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #543 on: September 28, 2007, 10:44:11 PM »

He said he will get a dos tutorial and get back with you.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #544 on: September 28, 2007, 10:45:08 PM »

okay....

I just want some of the stuff I have stored in My documents.. The rest I can live with out.

and my genealogy files...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

FJL

« Reply #545 on: September 28, 2007, 10:45:50 PM »

Lovely quotes for BRAIN in that Times review.  So BRAIN's now got nice quotes from both the L.A. Times and NY Times.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #546 on: September 28, 2007, 10:47:46 PM »

I know there is a way but I dont remember. I had to do it once when I had trouble with Win95 years ago.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #547 on: September 28, 2007, 10:48:21 PM »

That was a nice mention for The BRAIN!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #548 on: September 28, 2007, 10:48:49 PM »

I am going to head out. I will PM you my email address ...

FJL

« Reply #549 on: September 28, 2007, 10:49:41 PM »

Lovely quotes galore in the BRAIN review from nytheatre.com as well

http://www.nytheatre.com/nytheatre/nymf_rev2007.php?0=S&1=195

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #550 on: September 28, 2007, 10:51:16 PM »

It is a fun and entertaining show... Great music, catchy tunes...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #551 on: September 28, 2007, 10:51:58 PM »

I will now take heed of someone overly eager in recommending a program...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #552 on: September 28, 2007, 10:52:47 PM »

Don't do it!

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #553 on: September 28, 2007, 10:54:15 PM »

Miss Patti!  Are you in New York or LA?

In LA :) Home Sweet Home. Someone has to be here working on the November benefit  ;)
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #554 on: September 28, 2007, 11:07:14 PM »

Wow...we're back from a wonderful day of fun in NY!

This morning, I did a little early holiday shopping at several museum stores while DH shopped at Gotham Audio and another sound place a few blocks from The Acorn. The place was unbelievably smokey and stuffy...I immediately felt my head imploding!

Greg bought a very fancy boom pole and he is now testing it out, listening to me as I read him some of Friday's notes.

Then we rushed to the Acorn and settled in for the 4:30 BRAIN.

I'm so glad we both decided to take in an extra showing. It was throughly enjoyable, and so nice to hear all the vocal harmonies that were missing in the LA production. (Apparently some of the ensemble could handle singing harmony.) The new musical sections that Larry added...more Brain tap, etc. were great, and Cason really got to put his tap shoes to good use!

"All About Men" and "Earthman" were two big highlights in the show. As far as I could tell, things were technically fine. The ensemble really worked well together and there were lots of laughs, throughout. The crowd was a good size, especially considering it was still during work hours. I think the house was at least 3/4's full.

Afterwards, we were delighted to see dear Singdaw in the lobby. It was so wonderufl to meet him, he really is one of the sweetest people ever. He had PennyO's book with him and said it was hilarious, so it's on my "must buy" list.

Larry, Sing, BJ, Greg and I went around the corner to grab a slice of pizza before Starfighter. It was surprisingly tasty for a quick slice. Jose, Cillaliz and Sam met us there  when we were finishing up. Then Sing accompanied us to the Starfighter theatre, which was in an old church (maybe its still used as a church, too?) and we got to meet DR Julie before the show. We also saw FJL, who seemed calm. He hasn't posted much about his NYMF experience, so I didn't know what to expect, but I imagined that we had all sorts of technical problems awaiting us.

Not so! As far as I could tell, the show was near perfect, and it had a lot of technical elements to it and a very nice set with lotos of set chanes. The set design was very clever and worked well for the show.

The approach of adapting the film to a musical worked great. I don't want to say too much about it since I know others plan on coming to see it bur I admired how skillfully Fred & Skip tred the line with not being overly reverent to the film and not mocking it' either. The tone was perfect. And the music was so beautiful and the songs were so catchy, with such funny lyrics. These are songs you can sing coming out of the theatre, and some of us were.

The crowd loved the show and it was almost a full house. I liked everyone in the cast very much and they seemed to be having a great time in the show. Skip and Fred should be very proud of their achievement!

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #555 on: September 28, 2007, 11:13:09 PM »

Good Evening!  Good Morning!

Well... I have some pics to post from tonight's frolic.  -And, boy, did we frolic.  However, I still have to catch up on today's posts - WOW! 19 Pages! So, I'll probably end up posting them "tomorrow", or as soon as I'm done catching up on today's posts - whichever comes first. Or last.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #556 on: September 28, 2007, 11:24:55 PM »

I am glad to hear the good reports on "Brain...X" and "Last Starfighter."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #557 on: September 28, 2007, 11:40:07 PM »

Hmm.. Well, I'm done catching up on today's posts... Is bk still composing the new notes?  Or it is that this topic is not locked yet?  Hmm....

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #558 on: September 28, 2007, 11:41:42 PM »

Well, as promised...  Here are some pics from tonight's "frolic"...

To start off, here's a pic of I took of DR singdaw at the Virgin Megastore.  I believe he was "inspired" by DR Jason's continuing (I hope) "hat series".

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #559 on: September 28, 2007, 11:42:34 PM »

And, yes, The Enabler/Temptress was very much in action tonight.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #560 on: September 28, 2007, 11:43:35 PM »

Here is a pic of DR Cason checking out the menu at the Brooklyn Diner.  However, I believe Juliana happens to be checking out something else.  ;)

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #561 on: September 28, 2007, 11:44:33 PM »

I can't remember which picture is the "before" and which one is the "after".  You decide:

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #562 on: September 28, 2007, 11:45:33 PM »

Here is our newest DR Samantha with the brains behind The Brain, bk:

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #563 on: September 28, 2007, 11:46:34 PM »

Shortly after heading out of The Brooklyn Diner, it appeared that some more visitors from Planet X were descending upon Times Square....

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #564 on: September 28, 2007, 11:50:52 PM »

So... My Mary Poppins rehearsal today went well.  Now if I could just play while the conductor conducts, I'd be so much happier with myself.  It really was strange.  There were a few sections when Brad had to leave the theatre to attend to some other business, and then he would come back in the middle of the scene and listen and watch.  And those sections went great - including the sort of tricky "Temper, Temper" number.  However, as soon as he stepped in front of me to conduct... Oy and Vey!  I guess I have so much muscle-memory from the rehearsals with the resident director, that it's just taking me longer to be comfortable enough to be flexible when needed, when conducted.  In any case, it was a good day, and we accomplished everything that was on the docket for today's rehearsal - plus a few things leftover from yesterday's rehearsal.  -And we finished 20 minutes early too!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #565 on: September 28, 2007, 11:53:28 PM »

After rehearsal, I met DRs Cillaliz and Samantha at the stage door, and went ahead and gave them a brief tour of the New Amsterdam theatre and backstage area.  -Alas, the night doorman had come on duty, and since he didn't recognize me, it was a little weird heading back into the theatre just ten minutes after I had left it.  But I was able to take them out into the house, and into the wings for a few minutes.  -It really is an amazing space.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #566 on: September 28, 2007, 11:56:40 PM »

Then came the very quick tour of Times Square as we headed up to the Palace to pick up the tickets for Legally Blonde.  Then it was over to St. Clements to pick up the tickets for The Last Starfighter.  And then up to Eatery for dinner.

It was great getting to catch up with DR Cillaliz, and to meet DR Samantha for the first time.  And dinner was good too.

And then it was off to the pizza place to meet up with DRs Amy, her ever-lovin' Greg, DR Singdaw, elmore and BJ.

Yadda-yadda-yadda....
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #567 on: September 28, 2007, 11:57:33 PM »

Wow 3:00am EST and no new notes.  The action must be exciting in NYC.  The west coast in the South Bay of the greater bay area is falling asleep!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #568 on: September 28, 2007, 11:58:58 PM »

I passed on seeing a show tonight since I just did not feel like sitting in a theatre for a few more hours today.  I spent almost all day yesterday in the New Amsterdam, and another five today, so...  It felt great just to walk around Times Square for a bit.  -And to take DR singdaw to Amy's Bread and the Virgin Megastore.  -Yes, The Enabler in action!  <insert, giggly, evil laugh here>.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #569 on: September 29, 2007, 12:00:10 AM »

Hmm.. I wonder if bk is planning on posting the new Notes on L.A. time?

-I at least hope everything is all right.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]   Go Up