Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: I WAKE UP SCREAMING  (Read 60782 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:I WAKE UP SCREAMING
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 06:29:44 AM »

Wedding stuff consumes my day.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 06:48:09 AM »

The October 15th tax deadline is coming close to an end, which make sense, since it's October 12.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 06:58:41 AM »

Not a lot in my DVD player or CD player, I'm about to embark on technicals for HAMLET (I'm playing Claudius) and every spare moment is left for studying my lines.

DVD:  The Noel Coward Box.

Not a huge fan of either Poltergeist or THE TWOLIGHT ZONE movie.  This was the era of the franchised director/producer where everything in film for me began to pall.  Directors who wanted still wanted to be twelve year old boys remaking their favourite childhood memories.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2007, 07:42:09 AM »

Good morning, everyone.

TOD:  

DVD: LAVENDAR HILL MOB

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2007, 07:44:40 AM »

[size=8]
It's FRIDAY
[/b][/size][/font]

[size=8]
[/size] (not)[size=8] THE
[/b][/size][/font]

[size=8]
13TH
[/b][/size][/font]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2007, 07:44:49 AM »

Good morning!

VERY cool this morning, and with a high today of only 71, I have cut off all fans and am just letting cool air waft into the house through open windows. This is heaven.

And sleeping under a light blanket last night. I had the most restful sleep in months.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2007, 07:45:37 AM »

Wedding stuff consumes my day.  

Bride paper dolls?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 07:48:03 AM »

The one thing about the Vic Morrow episode in TWILIGHT ZONE - THE MOVIE that I appreciated was that it was a (quasi) original tale. The other three segments were all based on episodes from the TV show, and my memories of the originals were too vivid for me to enjoy the (over-the-top) remakes. The Lithgow one was clearly the best of the three remade stories.

I never doubted for a second that Spielberg directed most if not all of POLTERGEIST.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2007, 07:49:52 AM »

Tonight I'll be checking out to new ABC series WOMEN'S MURDER CLUB. I'm not sure about its mystery elements. If it's only a crime drama, then I'm not interested in watching another one of those, but if it's a light mystery series, I'll certainly give it a chance. I like Angie Harmon.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2007, 07:50:28 AM »

And I forgot completely about LAW & ORDER: CI last night. I'll have to check my cable guide to see if I can find a rerun of it.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2007, 07:52:31 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - CURTAINS (OCR) still!

DVD - MEET THE ROBINSONS
          UNDER THE VOLCANO (Criterion)
          NCIS - Season 4

DVR - last night's MY NAME IS EARL
         last night's 30 ROCK
         last night's THE OFFICE
         last night's SMALLVILE

and a bunch of movies from HBO, Showtime, and Starz which I may NEVER get to!

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2007, 07:53:12 AM »

I did get my Fox Horror Anthology yesterday, but, of course, there is no time to watch any of them right now.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007, 07:55:05 AM »

I forgot to mention last night that I did have about 30 minutes before prime time began last night, and I put in the Judy Garland Songbook from the Mickey-Judy box set. Truly enjoyed seeing songs from her early MGM films. I skipped a couple so I could get to "A Pretty Girl Milking Her Cow" from LITTLE NELLIE KELLY. I love that movie and really want to see it on DVD. Thankfully, I do have it on laserdisc.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2007, 07:56:18 AM »

It's a cold, rainy day here in Oakland.

I guess F 52 isn't THAT cold, but it will be colder than that this evening.  Rain through tomorrow.  Clearing.  A bit warmer.  And then rain again on Tuesday.

This is our wettest October since I've lived in the Bay Area (from 1994).  Usually, rains don't begin until mid-November.  October is usually hot, hot, hot with no fog at all.

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 07:56:25 AM »

DR Matt,  I noticed you enjoyed GREY'S ANATOMY last night. I'm finding it much more enjoyable this year than the overly dramatic stuff of last year. Do you agree?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2007, 07:58:35 AM »

A little factoid I heard on TV news this a.m.:

There are (allegedly) more acorns -- and BIGGER ones, at that -- than most Bay Area residents have seen in decades.

The squirrels are in heaven and have been storing nuts  for more than a month...and yet the acorns continue to come.

That bit of trivia from the father of our Channel 2 weatherman Steve Paulsen, who added that this "sign", as it were, points to a cold, wet winter.

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007, 08:00:10 AM »

Tonight I go to the Circus!  And guess who is the "Host" I like Ring Master better, but the term they are using is Host.....none other than Jon Weiss - one of the clowns from season 4 of The Amazing Race.   They have an open event before the circus starts where you can try to walk a little high wire, meet the performers and walk the ring etc.  This will be fun!

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2007, 08:01:23 AM »

A little factoid I heard on TV news this a.m.:

There are (allegedly) more acorns -- and BIGGER ones, at that -- than most Bay Area residents have seen in decades.

The squirrels are in heaven and have been storing nuts  for more than a month...and yet the acorns continue to come.

That bit of trivia from the father of our Channel 2 weatherman Steve Paulsen, who added that this "sign", as it were, points to a cold, wet winter.

Yup it's a sign....at least it always has been here close to the Great White North

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2007, 08:11:46 AM »

DR Jane:  To answer your query posed yesterday p.m., I was not affected by the traffic backup caused by the discovery of "body parts" on the interstate.

I consider myself extremely fortunate to be able to move about Oakland on side streets in less time than most folks' commutes via freeways.  I live 4 miles from my workplace, and a side-street commute takes about 10 minutes (through about 11 traffic lights and two school zones)

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2007, 08:12:29 AM »

DR Matt,  I noticed you enjoyed GREY'S ANATOMY last night. I'm finding it much more enjoyable this year than the overly dramatic stuff of last year. Do you agree?

Absolutely. The show got so glum in the last third of last season that it was not an enjoyable viewing experience.

I think SHonda Rimes and her writers have listened to the complaints that were voiced long and loud and have lightened things up considerably.

Strangely, the show is not outrating CSI in overall viewers this year (though it is still handily winning the top show honors for ages 18-49).

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2007, 08:14:01 AM »

I'm heading down now to clean up before I head out on my usual Friday errands.

WBBL.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2007, 08:16:23 AM »

You know, before Such Good Friends, wedding stuff consumed my day as well.  Most of 2003 was spent creating a musical that could be performed by Joy, me, some friends, my sister, our parents, and my four-year-old niece.  In some ways, it was the opposite of the NYMF experience: NYMF provides a theatre; we had the devil of a time trying to find one.  We found the Soho Playhouse, which has a center aisle, which was ideal for the entrance of the flower girl, the bride, and the surprise gospel choir.  The audience had a rollicking good time, which was our main goal.  We got written up in The Times, Dramaticsand yes, Peter Filichia in Theatermania raved:

http://www.theatermania.com/content/news.cfm/story/5220

So, four years ago today an audience loved another of my original musicals.  But I got a prize much greater, the hand of the fair Joy, the most loving and supportive wife a kid could ever wish for.  There’s no way I could have succeeded with Such Good Friends without her.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2007, 08:21:00 AM »

What on earth has happened to DR singdaw?  He's hardly posted at all the past 24 hours.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 08:22:18 AM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2007, 08:24:58 AM »

TOD:

CD:
MARIO LANZA: My Romance
ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM: Terra Brasilis

DVD:
Episodes of the old TV series ADVENTURES OF THE FALCON

And this weekend I will introduce my my little grandniece Taylor to the movie GENTMEN PREFER BLONDES and, if I can find a copy, THAT'S DANCE ENTERTAINMENT.

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2007, 08:25:01 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  I'm information-waitressing all day today.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2007, 08:25:19 AM »

Joyous anniversary to Noel!

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »

So, four years ago today an audience loved another of my original musicals.  But I got a prize much greater, the hand of the fair Joy, the most loving and supportive wife a kid could ever wish for.  There’s no way I could have succeeded with Such Good Friends without her.

Happiest of anniversaries to DRs Noel and Joy!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2007, 08:33:35 AM »

Good morning dear Esteemed, planned, screaming, and sinewy BK --  

It was an interesting coinky-dink that you watched Poltergeist and commented.  I popped into a Circuit City yesterday, and was thinking of buying the new DVD release of Poltergeist, but then didn't.  Now, I'm very disappointed that I passed on it.

I think it is absolutely a Spielberg film through and through, and what a wonderful dollop of extra "frosting" to have Zelda Rubenstein!

"......this house is clean!...."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2007, 08:33:59 AM »

I'm thinking "spaghetti" for dinner tonight.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 08:34:10 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2007, 08:35:07 AM »

Or maybe "stew."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up