Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: NO ONE MOURNS THE WICKED  (Read 37704 times)

Tomovoz

Re:NO ONE MOURNS THE WICKED
« Reply #360 on: October 26, 2007, 09:57:12 PM »

everyhit.com

A UK site  - you can do a search of the year - search of "all" rather than "singles" lists the sheet music hits of the year.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 10:22:46 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #361 on: October 26, 2007, 10:01:21 PM »

other # 1 USA hits for 1947

White Christmas
Huggin and Chalkin
Managua Nicaragua
Chi Baba Chi Baba
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #362 on: October 26, 2007, 10:03:40 PM »

Musicals from 1947:
Brigadoon
High Button Shoes
Finian's Rainbow
Street Scene
Allegro
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #363 on: October 26, 2007, 10:20:17 PM »

SPOILERS!

In the new version, she does NOT leave him at all!

It's him who goes with the young lad! LOL!

I think I like that version better.  When I did the show, the whole audience turned on us when she ran off with the boy.  Before that, they liked us, they really really liked us.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #364 on: October 26, 2007, 10:21:54 PM »

I think I like that version better.  When I did the show, the whole audience turned on us when she ran off with the boy.  Before that, they liked us, they really really liked us.

I take that back.  The audience disliked us when she ran off with the boy; they hated us (sorry Woody) when the baker took her back.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #365 on: October 26, 2007, 10:29:19 PM »

By and large, restaurants that are part of a chain have a lesser degree of involvement on the part of the kitchen staff in their product.  The ingredients are less likely to be fresh and local, compared to a stand-alone restaurant, and more likely to be shipped in from a central repository.  And, all too frequently, part of the prep on the food being served has taken place at said central repository.

On a similar level, the waitstaff is more likely to be given orders by a guide book, led by a martinet more interested in making his/her way up the corporate ladder than in giving the diners a memorable experience.  The waitstaff will be discouraged from having a good working relationship with the kitchen staff, resulting in less personalized service.

Dismissive of chain restaurants?  Hey, there can be exceptions, but generally you've got it right on the nose.

They aren't eating at Denny's, Woody!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 10:33:40 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #366 on: October 26, 2007, 10:31:09 PM »

I was debating on getting that....since I have several other season sets (Flipper, Family Affair, Loretta Young Show, Gilligan's Island, etc) which I have not even gotten to yet, or just barely dipped into.

But I would like me some Marty Milner and George Maharis action!

As I remember, the real George Maharis action took place off-camera.
“One thing’s universal,

François

« Reply #367 on: October 26, 2007, 10:34:12 PM »

As I remember, the real George Maharis action took place off-camera.

Some say that was his... best performance! :o ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #368 on: October 26, 2007, 10:35:45 PM »

I thought of bk last night when my DH ordered grilled macaroni and cheese. And
Greg thought "If anyone has ever heard of this, I bet it would be Jose!"

It was yummy!

I had deep-fried mac and cheese on Wednesday evening.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #369 on: October 26, 2007, 10:52:24 PM »

Good evening one and all... Been busy all day and have not been able to check in until now...

Went to TWELTH NIGHT tonight at MSUM and it was well done. Great fun, laughs and the jester singing the songs did a great job. The guy who played Sir Toby was a complete riot.

It was a fun night!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #370 on: October 26, 2007, 11:07:10 PM »

The guest director did a fantastic job with the kids. Shelley Gaza works in a number of theatres out west including the Shakespearean group based in Cedar City. They are also nominated to participate in the Theatre showcase at the Kennedy center in Washington DC.

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #371 on: October 26, 2007, 11:25:26 PM »

UND nickname battle has reached a new level... 3 year probation and if they cant get the tribal groups to come to an agreement they have to change their nickname...

Rant is coming! be warned

I can understand why some people have an issue of using a group for a nickname but tell me why on god's green earth that UND has to be the poster child and be bloodied by the ncaa when schools in Utah, Illinois, Central Michigan and Florida get to keep their nicknames. UND has been dragged through the mud literally.  Does the NCAA think that is going to people think that this is a positive experience. Not really, if it would have been done with respect on their part perhaps but instead we are made to look like we are the idiots and punished for that.  The original agreement for UND to use the Fighting Sioux goes back to the 1930s. Heck the Chicago Blackhawks are still allowed to the logo. UND had a similar logo and they dropped it per NCAA request.  

Heck, we are not even allowed to view the sports teams on the telly becuase of the NCAA dragging their feet in making a decision to allow the stations to broadcast leaving their decision to the last minute making it virtually impossible for local media to get to the venue to broadcast a play off game. Is that fair? I think not.  

Sadly it will make some happy but I suspect it will leave a lot of bitter and angry feelings that will take a while to dissipate.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #372 on: October 26, 2007, 11:30:04 PM »

RAnt over!!

Hops down off of soapbox!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #373 on: October 26, 2007, 11:39:02 PM »

Happy Birthday Jed!

I hope you had a great day with family and friends!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #374 on: October 26, 2007, 11:47:10 PM »

Read the notes,

Glad to see Matt was prompt! Continued vibes for rehearsal and a succcessful fundraiser!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #375 on: October 27, 2007, 07:54:25 AM »

I can always send you  a Cd of some of the songs DR Edi.
The ones I have that is...

Oh, I already downloaded many of them from itunes. (The ones it would let me without upgrading.) The party is tomorrow. Nothing like procrastinating!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #376 on: October 27, 2007, 08:19:11 AM »

Somebody forgot to lock this last night!

;D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up