Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE VILE EPITHET  (Read 28758 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE VILE EPITHET
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2004, 10:51:54 PM »

Just wanted to make sure the dear readers are remembering to vote for JEEPERS CREEPERS as the Best CD of the year . . .nominated for its very own Rondo Award!

http://rondoaward.com/

If I'm not mistaken, the awards themselves are presented right here (in Pennsylvania) at the Monster Bash.

I just voted!  What do I win??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2004, 10:52:11 PM »

Page 9!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jason

« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2004, 10:55:17 PM »

Tom: Perhaps if I had shampoo that gave me more body, I'd be packing my bags to go on tour!! Haha!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #243 on: January 23, 2004, 10:55:18 PM »

Anyone else heard the rumor that there might be a blizzard in NYC Sunday night? I heard it from a couple of people, but I'm not sure if they were reliable sources. Any info would be useful...
Yes, there is a storm front due to hit the entire northeast coast.

Of course, I'm still fascinated by this strange thing called snow!   :D  Just last week, there were a few flakes falling while we were over at the Purple Parrot for dinner, and I was at the window, watching with eyes as saucered as any kid's!  (But it wasn't cold enough, and it didn't stick, so my first snow angels will have to wait.   :-\)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2004, 10:56:52 PM »

Jason - this may be a stupid question  - like "You're Canadian - do you know X in Montreal?" ...but do you by any chance know my friend Szilvia Schranz. She's a young opera singer who works sometimes as an usher at the Met.

Panni

« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2004, 11:00:06 PM »

Oh good! I've been thinking for the last bit that it's almost midnight. The clock on my coffee maker says "11:58"... But I just looked at another clock - and it's 10:58. I was wondering why I hadn't noticed the time passing so quickly!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2004, 11:00:25 PM »

We got us a few Late-Night Denizens.  I've been finishing the Anthony Newley bio - almost done with it.  Sloppy writing, though, and some silly bits, but it's still fun, nonetheless.

George

« Reply #247 on: January 23, 2004, 11:11:29 PM »

Speaking of operas, a co-worker and I are going to see "Carmen" on Monday at the Seatle Opera.  When I was in college, I was in concert choir and the Music and Drama departments were putting on a joint production of "Carmen."  The concert choir became the chorus of "Carmen" and it was my very first theatrical stage experience ever.  The director was pretty much a tyrant, yelling at everyone, making us sight-read the score at the first rehearsal with no marking...and for the first few rehearsals, we had to sing as if we were in performance (although, that changed very quickly).  But as hectic as it was and as "unfriendly" as the director was, I loved every moment of it.  For some reason, I had a great time.  Since I also was only "just a chorus member," individually, I was pretty much not noticed by the director.  Two years after that, I was in Angus McGuffie in their Brigadoon and fell in love with performing.

It's been a couple of years since I've been in a show (Charlie Brown in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown), but I still love musicals and will someday audition again for something local.  The real problem is that the two main theater groups here have only one group audition for their seasons, so I can't gear my audition for a particular show if I want to be in more than one.  I hate that.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 11:12:41 PM by George »

Jed

« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2004, 11:12:15 PM »

Just watched The Pianist again.  What an outstanding piece of film.  I've seen it probably 5 times now, but still find myself thoroughly engrossed.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2004, 11:13:34 PM »

I'm off for the night.  Goodnight all.

Panni

« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2004, 11:13:56 PM »

Congrats on the Rondo nomination. I don't know the award, but I just did my bit and voted.  Oh... just got an email from them asking for my name. ...Replied. Just got another email. My vote has now officially been counted.

Jed

« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2004, 11:16:03 PM »

Ahh yes, I am also looking forward to seeing Swimming Pool.  It's on top of my must-rent list.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Panni

« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2004, 11:18:40 PM »

Just watched The Pianist again.  What an outstanding piece of film.  I've seen it probably 5 times

5 times! I had trouble sitting through it once. By that I'm not saying it wasn't good. It was just really painful to watch. At the end of the movie I felt horrible... Just sat in my car in the theater parking lot for about half an hour.

Panni

« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2004, 11:20:39 PM »

I didn't know that SWIMMING POOL was out to rent. Want to see it. Although I've read an analysis of the ending - so I know it - which I hate. Still, I want to see it. Maybe this weekend.

Panni

« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2004, 11:29:49 PM »

"Epiteth" is really hard (for a Hungarian) to say. Even harder is "Vile epiteth"... If I don't watch it, it comes out "Weil epitit"...shades of Lili von Stupp.

Panni

« Reply #255 on: January 23, 2004, 11:32:15 PM »

What is this? A late-night monologue? What am I, David Letterman? I'm going to brush my teeth and hope there are some fascinating posts other than mine when I come back.

Tomovoz

« Reply #256 on: January 23, 2004, 11:37:22 PM »

I'm am dazzled by the sparkle of freshly brushed teeth.
Good night all.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #257 on: January 23, 2004, 11:39:45 PM »

In the car cd player: Pete n Keely -- it sounds like it must have been great fun to record!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Panni

« Reply #258 on: January 23, 2004, 11:46:55 PM »

I'm am dazzled by the sparkle of freshly brushed teeth.

It's good to know I still have star quality, Tomovoz.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 11:47:23 PM by Panni »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up