Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUSY LITTLE BEAVERS  (Read 28946 times)

MBarnum

Re:BUSY LITTLE BEAVERS
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2007, 08:53:55 PM »

Now I must watch the DVRd episode of Desp. Housewives and finish up a movie I started watching last night titled SOUL OF A MONSTER (1944).

MBarnum

« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2007, 08:55:09 PM »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2007, 08:56:22 PM »

I made roasted chicken on Friday for DBF and I. It included steamed cauliflower, broccoli and carrot blended veggies, and potatoes.

The chicken turned out quite well and I hav esome in the freezer taht I can use for potpie and some in the fridge that I can make for salads.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2007, 08:56:56 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Hmm... Is the grill pan you have cast iron?  If so, has/is it already seasoned?  If not, well... Next time... semi-generously oil the pan before putting on the heat.  And then let it heat up over medium-low heat for a few minutes before turning it up to medium/medium-high.  And, yes, it should smoke a little.  Then just to be safe, I would place a little more oil in the pan.

Now, if your pan is not cast iron, well... The general rule - which I remember from Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet - is "Hot Pan, Cold Oil - Food Won't Stick".  Let the pan heat up first, then put the oil in.

As for "the turning", well...  I'm guessing the sugar from the applesauce and maple syrup probably contributed to your sticking problem.  Otherwise, once enough of a crust has formed on the burger, it should more or less release on it's own - well, with a little bit of help.  I would also lower the heat a little bit - turkey meat, especially when ground, requires gentler handling than beef does.  But then again...

Stick Happens.  ;D

Thanks I'll try that.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2007, 08:58:47 PM »

I even did some cleaning and sorting this weekend.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2007, 08:58:57 PM »

...And there's also a chance that you should have waited another minute or two before flipping.

*I have a favorite turkey burger recipe that incorporates bits of cheese in it - talk about a potentially sticky situation. I've found that chilling the burgers for a bit after forming them helps them to stay together better on the grill.  -And the "chill" aids the searing too.

that's also a possibility.   I'm considering just using a pan instead of the grill pan.  I really don't care if it has the cute little grill marks. I'dl love to have your recipe.   I'm actually thinking of trying the foodtv recipe with cranberry instead of applesauce.

Cillaliz

« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2007, 09:01:21 PM »

Callie is most upset with me now and doesn't really want anything to do with me.  She hasn't eaten today and I think maybe her stomach is upset from the medicine.  So I'm not going to give her any tonight.  Perhaps that will give her some time to let things settle down a little

I also did some research and looked at her chart from the vet.  It says they gave her phosphate enemas the last time she was there.  Everything I read says those can be fatal in cats.  I am very worried and will call the new vet tomorrow to see what I can find out about it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 09:02:12 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2007, 09:03:55 PM »

Well, I think I'm going to call it a night.  I did manage to get all my laundry done, so that was a big relief.  

I did manage to get Callie to come out from under the bed and she is sitting in the livingroom with her back to me.  So she's mad, but at least she's out of her hiding place where she had been most of the day,.

td

• td
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2007, 09:12:57 PM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES had some rather ugly things going on tonight. Yes, the surface was kind of snappy, but I felt very uncomfortable watching the neighbors be so judgemental.

Jesse Metcalf has aged into a very gorgeous young man.

Only in profile, IMHO, from front-on, I didn't think he looked that great. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2007, 09:15:42 PM »

DR Jose, this new project sounds like it will be loads of fun for you, and quite a thrill! Aren't you glad you moved to NYC!!!!

And it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Thank you, DR MBarnum.

I'm still sort of pinching myself, still processing it all.  And, frankly, all of this could not have come at a more perfect time.  The past two weeks have been a little "weird" for me professionally speaking.  And since my profession is my love and my life, well, I've been having my share of pensive moments lately.  I've spared all of you the details since there are actually some things still in limbo, and, in the larger scheme of things, everything actually seems to be working out for the best.  But there have been moments here and there where I just truly did not know what to do, if I should do anything at all.

So, now I have a nice "distraction" as it were for the next three weeks, and it will be nice not thinking about the other stuff.  I've done too much thinking already.

Thanks again to everyone for all your support and encouragement.  It really does mean a lot to me.  Yes, I am doing well here in New York City.  I just need to stop thinking that it seems like I'm doing well here in the Big Apple.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2007, 09:17:28 PM »

DR Der Bruce I have seen plenty of Cruising in stores around salem.

I thought that only happened around the Reservoir.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2007, 09:21:27 PM »

DR Cillaliz - As for the cranberry sauce...  One of my favorite FoodTV recipes if for a Turkey Meatloaf.  Before you place the ground turkey mixture in the pan, you place some jellied cranberry sauce and brown sugar in the bottom of the loaf pan.  Then once you turn it out after cooking... YUMMY!
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #252 on: October 28, 2007, 09:32:08 PM »

From mlop (a friend of FJL) over on All That Chat:
I just got word that the memorial for Thommie Walsh will not be on the 16th of November from a friend of his. As soon as I find out the new date, I will post it.

Maryann

What say, Jose?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: October 28, 2007, 09:35:11 PM »

Only in profile, IMHO, from front-on, I didn't think he looked that great. . .

Oddly when he was PASSIONS, some fans of that show had a shrine for him on some message board. I only read about it on another message board. They were very upset when he left.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #254 on: October 28, 2007, 09:36:55 PM »

From mlop (a friend of FJL) over on All That Chat:
I just got word that the memorial for Thommie Walsh will not be on the 16th of November from a friend of his. As soon as I find out the new date, I will post it.

Maryann

What say, Jose?

???
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #255 on: October 28, 2007, 10:29:10 PM »

Your foot is always in my thoughts, DR FJL.

Whatever floats your boat. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2007, 10:31:58 PM »

OK.. I do want to make it to the gym tomorrow morning, as well as get my hair cut, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #257 on: October 28, 2007, 10:34:37 PM »

I would say that Jose has had an amazing time of it in NY thus far.  I can't think of anyone else I know that has gotten as good a rep as fast.

George

« Reply #258 on: October 28, 2007, 10:59:09 PM »

Yes, I still feel humbled to have been asked to come aboard this "adventure".  And after hearing the potential line-up of people coming in to honor Thommie - and for whom I'll be playing for, well... I really do feel humbled... And excited... And a little scared.  Since no one has really been confirmed, I really can't say anything right now, but even if just one of the people mentioned today happens to come in, well... :) :) :)

Just pulling up Thommie Walsh's listing on the IBDB brings up a ton of "possibilities", and that does not include the people who's cabaret acts he directed, the off-Broadway and regional shows he worked on, etc., etc., etc.   It looks like I'm in for quite a "historic" adventure over the next couple of weeks.

Jose, that's wonderful!  I hope you're able to keep us up on what's happening.  I love to live vicariously through Internet posts! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #259 on: October 28, 2007, 10:59:58 PM »

What are the obvious reasons?

Clearly subject matter that Mall Soccer Moms might not want on display where their young'uns might ask questions. I can order it on-line form Wal-Mart for store delivery, but you won't see it on the shelves. Wal-Mart also screens their store-stocked DVDs to exclude controversial items.

I wouldn't be surpised if some of the gay activists didn't attempt a protest outside a main line store that sold it.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2007, 11:02:59 PM »

I wonder how many people's VCRs (and other electronics) automatically changed the time by mistake. :(

I turned the automatic daylight saving feature off.  My VCRs don't keep great time and this reminds me to reset the time to a more accurate time.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:03:42 PM by George »

George

« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2007, 11:08:02 PM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES had some rather ugly things going on tonight. Yes, the surface was kind of snappy, but I felt very uncomfortable watching the neighbors be so judgemental.

Jesse Metcalf has aged into a very gorgeous young man.

He has. ;) But he also looks like he has new teeth.  That's a little weird. :-\

MBarnum

« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2007, 11:09:47 PM »

I never noticed his teeth.

MBarnum

« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2007, 11:11:37 PM »

DR JRand will be pleased to know that both PORTRAIN IN BLACK and MADAME X will appear on DVD in February.

Oh, and the Tammy films will be out also.

George

« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2007, 11:16:27 PM »

Callie is most upset with me now and doesn't really want anything to do with me.  She hasn't eaten today and I think maybe her stomach is upset from the medicine.  So I'm not going to give her any tonight.  Perhaps that will give her some time to let things settle down a little

I also did some research and looked at her chart from the vet.  It says they gave her phosphate enemas the last time she was there.  Everything I read says those can be fatal in cats.  I am very worried and will call the new vet tomorrow to see what I can find out about it.

~~~CONTINUED VIBES FOR CALLIE!!~~~

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #265 on: October 28, 2007, 11:56:09 PM »

Is this destined to be George's next Musical?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2007, 12:03:12 AM »

Is this destined to be George's next Musical?

der Brucer

We do have a Zombie Chorus!  Can he/it sing and/or dance?? ;D
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up