Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NATURE OF THE BEAST  (Read 30970 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE NATURE OF THE BEAST
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2007, 06:33:48 PM »

Yes, I'm back for a moment to catch up on the day.  I napped about an hour this afternoon and Randy was home when I woek up.  We visited a bit, and then Jo got home with a car full of groceries, and she prepared a wonderful dinner including the tenderest roast beef, mashed potatoes, carrots, and other tasty items.  She told me that Lady M called her this morning at 7:30 bitching about my latest email concerning the estate taxes.  All I did was report to my brothers the total amount due and what we each owed.  She seems to imply they're not paying any of this.  Do I need a proctologist to remove her head from her ass?

I wish she hadn't missed her distemper shots this year.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

td

• td
« Reply #301 on: November 12, 2007, 06:34:14 PM »

I'm watching Meet The Robinsons, a very loud movie.

I'm watching Irwin Allen's THE LOST WORLD.  There is a poodle in it along with Jill St. John.  I don't think I've seen this movie since it was on ABC's Sunday Night Movie or some other network's variation of that.
Fernando Lamas is muy caliente.  Oh my!  The explorers have just reached the plateau and are camping (well, it is Jill St. John AND a poodle) for the night.  
I shall return to it in a few minutes or so. .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #302 on: November 12, 2007, 06:43:27 PM »

A poodle explorer? Now that's original

td

• td
« Reply #303 on: November 12, 2007, 06:46:56 PM »

A poodle explorer? Now that's original

I think that the poodle doesn't have a visa or a passport.

Cillaliz

« Reply #304 on: November 12, 2007, 06:53:09 PM »

I think that the poodle doesn't have a visa or a passport.

Oh so they are exploring uncharted territory where a visa wouldn't be necessary.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:09:13 PM by Cillaliz »

td

• td
« Reply #305 on: November 12, 2007, 07:01:01 PM »

Oh so they aren't exploring uncharted territory where a visa wouldn't be necessary.

Cillaliz, you rock!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #306 on: November 12, 2007, 07:25:08 PM »

Good Evening!

It's raining here in NYC.  That is all for this post.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #307 on: November 12, 2007, 07:25:35 PM »

DR Cillaliz - The site looks bee-you-tee-full!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #308 on: November 12, 2007, 07:28:05 PM »

DR Cillaliz - The site looks bee-you-tee-full!

Thanks Jose.   :-*

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #309 on: November 12, 2007, 07:34:06 PM »

bk - As for the "hold charge"... Hotels do it all the time, and it's usually worse.  They are legally able to put a hold on the full amount of your stay when you check in, and that hold does not fall off your account until a couple days after you check out.  -Although, some credit card companies will take off the hold when you call them.  *I actually keep a separate credit card for that purpose - I use it for check-in - then when I check out, I give the front desk another card to put all the room charges on.  This way I don't have a "ghost" double charge temporarily depleting my funds.

As for gas stations... They used to put a hold of $0.01 on your account - basically to make sure it was a real, active card.  However, with the current gas prices - and the rash of pump-and-go drivers - they've had to authorize larger amounts.  And they are apparently well within their rights - and your rights - to do that.  I saw a few news stories on it last year when the practice started.

As mentioned, going inside to have your card swiped is a "better" way to pay for your gas when using a credit card.  The other option is to use a Debit card.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #310 on: November 12, 2007, 07:35:29 PM »

Hmm... I'm sleepy already... :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #311 on: November 12, 2007, 07:37:29 PM »

DR Danise - Welcome Home!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #312 on: November 12, 2007, 07:37:59 PM »

DR elmore - Welcome Home Back To Ohio.   ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #313 on: November 12, 2007, 07:46:41 PM »

I didn't even know you could buy gas with paypal. Do you get a card from them, or how does it work?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #314 on: November 12, 2007, 07:48:04 PM »

I just got a really nice email from the star/producer of "10 Items or Less" whish said that he absolulte loved the stuff I cut last week for the web and didn't change a thing. That's good in a way, but I could have used the work that revisions would have meant. Still, it makes me feel better about the other thing...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #315 on: November 12, 2007, 07:51:59 PM »

...which is the fact that our Johnny Mercer documentary seems to be crashing and burning.

We're still going to interview Johnny's daughter in a few weeks, but that may be the end of my involvement.

A major league movie producer who hails from Savannah has decided to do his own documentary about Mercer. Not only will he be able to get the funds (he produces blockbusters but I worked with him 30 years ago when he was just starting out) but he has enlisted a production team that does really great music documentaries. I would love to work with these guys but I'm sure they would use their regular editor.

Oh well, I'll know more after a conference call tomorrow afternoon, but it doesn't look good for our little film...

Edisaurus

« Reply #316 on: November 12, 2007, 07:52:49 PM »

DR Elmore, welcome to HELL!

I hope it is as painless as possible...

Edisaurus

« Reply #317 on: November 12, 2007, 07:53:14 PM »

OK, time to go mop the floor with Bruce.

Edisaurus

« Reply #318 on: November 12, 2007, 07:54:59 PM »

I also saw these at the grocery---just in time for Thanksgiving!

That Bruce and his product placement!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #319 on: November 12, 2007, 08:00:37 PM »

Yes, you can get a paypal credit card - it's a MasterCard.

"For example: A gas station may over authorize your Card for $50 (usually only at pay-at-the-pump stations) even if you only pump $10 worth of gasoline. This will reduce your available funds by $50 for a short period of time. Within a few business days, the merchant will send the confirmation of your purchase for only $10. Upon receipt of that confirmation, your available funds would increase by the $40 that was being held by the $50 over authorization."

The problem is that the merchant confirmed the completed sale of forty-nine dollars, but the hold of seventy-five additional dollars was still there and, according to paypal, had I not called, would have stayed there for up to thirty days.  That is completely unacceptable and I don't see how it's within any businesses "rights" to do such a thing.  The hotel thing I understand.  

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #320 on: November 12, 2007, 08:15:38 PM »

I finished THE LADY VANISHES. Just as wonderful and suspenseful as always. Hitchcock even at this relatively early stage in his career seems to have known what he was doing to craft a superior entertainment.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #321 on: November 12, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »

I agree Bruce.  

I had a big fight with Lexis Nexis last week over $563.00 they billed my credit card and to this day have not explained to me what it was for.  I called and disputed it and raised holy hell with the company for a couple weeks, which led to me getting the charge taken off my account immediately and then they tried to overcharge me on a contract I have signed, finally they agreed to give me a step up in my contract for a huge discount rate.   I did some research today and love it. I finally have everything I need - which means I'll probably do more research and it will actually pay for itself.

BUT, if I hadn't gone over my statement line by line, and wondered what on earth I bought that increased the balance that much, I would be out $563.00.   Now that's insane.

Matt H.

« Reply #322 on: November 12, 2007, 08:19:03 PM »

I went back and listened to about 2/3 of the commentary. Sounds like they've amended a couple of parts of it, but I'll have to play the old disc tomorrow to see if my suspicions are correct.

Also tomorrow, I'll watch the features on the second disc which included another entire film featuring Naunton Wayne and Basil Radford as Caldicott and Charters.

Matt H.

« Reply #323 on: November 12, 2007, 08:20:15 PM »

CHUCK had another excellent episode (nice to see Kevin Weisman in a guest star role as a bad guy) and a slightly new turn in the direction of the show.

Matt H.

« Reply #324 on: November 12, 2007, 08:21:18 PM »

HEROES was the best episode it's had this season, I think, even if Maya was in it. A really good fill-in-the-blanks episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #325 on: November 12, 2007, 08:22:29 PM »

And I loved JOURNEYMAN tonight, too. The show hasn't caught on at all, and once NBC runs the episodes it has on hand, I'm sure it won't be renewed, but I'm enjoying the ride for as long as it operates.

Matt H.

« Reply #326 on: November 12, 2007, 08:23:02 PM »

Tomorrow I'll get caught up with tonight's CSI: MIAMI and I also have Sunday's DEXTER to watch.

Matt H.

« Reply #327 on: November 12, 2007, 08:33:35 PM »

Going to write for a bit now and then head down for bed.

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #328 on: November 12, 2007, 08:42:23 PM »

Or he could practice his cow-milking skills...

http://www.milk-off.com/

I can't believe I am actually going to admit this... I actually know how to milk a cow
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #329 on: November 12, 2007, 08:46:11 PM »

As the token Iowan here, if you have any questions you would like me to ask a candidate, please let me know and I'll see what I can do. Clinton doesn't always take questions and some of them are planted. Obama isn't easy to get near anymore. He has 6 body guards around him all the time. And secret service all over the place. More so than the Clinton's did when they were here together.

I hope I am not too late

1. Will he retain ADA?

2. Will he do away with No Child left behind?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up