Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: CGI  (Read 22436 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:CGI
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2007, 03:52:05 PM »

HeadlineA suggested UTUBE response.

der Brucer

derBrucer, you must have been shocked to learn that homosexuals do not reproduce.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2007, 03:55:10 PM »

My sister Paula just called.

Emily and Ryan were  married a month ago today, and today Ryan was admitted to the hospital.  There is a possibility that he has some cancerous tumors behind his bladder and it will be known for sure probably later today, he will be moved to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore very soon.  

Prayers and good thoughts will be most appreciated, and news will be shared when it is known.

Very unsettling news, Jrand.  My prayers go out to Ryan and the whole family.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2007, 03:58:17 PM »

I had a nice surprise yesterday. Our gardening show producer dropped off a wreath she made of things she found in the woods and in her garden. It's so beautiful but I couldn't really capture how amazing it really is. She didn't even stop to say hello but just left it as a surprise.

It makes me appreciate things that you would normally overlook--acorns, fungus on dead trees, things that look like weeds. She can see beauty in the smallest things and figure out a way to put them together to make something like this! I admire her talent so much!

Either that, or she is casting a spell on you.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2007, 04:00:06 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm back from the gym... And accordingly to the scale there, I've lost four pounds over the past few weeks.  -Although, according to the scale I have here at the apartment, I've gained two.  ???  In any case, my jeans are fitting "better", and I'm really starting to fill out my shirts.  :P

I am starting to fill out my shirts, too.  Of course, that may be from the turtle cheesecake.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #184 on: November 13, 2007, 04:02:35 PM »

Who in the heck is Mario Cantone?  Judging by the photos at Broadway World, he attends a lot of opening nights.  Does he also act?  Or sing?  Or something?

He's a very funny openly gay comedian.  He also had a one-man show on Broadway...he's a:

;)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:06:18 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #185 on: November 13, 2007, 04:18:31 PM »

T.O.D.

Favorite animated films:

PETER PAN
SHREK
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:27:08 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2007, 04:22:19 PM »

bk, your package arrived today.  THANK YOU!   :)

"With A Song in My Heart" also arrived from Amazon.   :)

WITH A SONG IN MY HEART is my favorite Susan Hayward film, and my favorite Thelma Ritter film (although TITANIC is a close second).
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #187 on: November 13, 2007, 04:23:45 PM »

And I don't think anyone mentioned it here, but actress Laraine Day died Saturday at age 87 in Utah.

She was very good in those 1930/40s Dr. Kildare movies!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #188 on: November 13, 2007, 04:32:56 PM »

MBarnum:  I was reviewing some posts from late November 2005 today when I stumbled across your comment that you could never look at Mitch Vogel in the face because you found him too hideous!  LOL  :)

That said, I also noted you made a positive comment about Bonita Granville and Frankie Thomas Jr.....and I saw the Nancy Drew movies on TCM a week or so ago.  LOVED 'EM.  Didn't think they'd be so good, but they are.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2007, 04:35:45 PM »

My favorite Laraine Day photo.

“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2007, 04:41:47 PM »

The Summit Meeting is over, the estate taxes paid, and the debt settled between the estate and the outstanding debt Macbeth owed my dad's estate paid.  Quite grudgingly, and quite unfriendly, but paid.  Both Macbeths showed up, and Jo remarked after they had gone that Lady M spent more time trying to eavesdrop on the meeting than visiting with her.  Macbeth is clearly pissed at me, and he wouldn't hand things to me; he threw things into the middle of the table.  In a surprise twist, the company also paid me the balance of what was outstanding from my dad's equal payment to me, which I was never expecting. My goal to to see Randy and Tom got the full amount of what dad intended to give them, and I never intended to ask for any more money.  My brother was quite insistent that this settled all debts, which it does, but I'm sure as well that it settl;e all further communication between us.  During the approximate 90 minutes they were here, Lady M spoke not a word to me, and I'm sure that she's raging over the fact that $28,000 was taken from her the company's bank account.

Now my nephew Cory and his new bride Andrea are here visiting and playing Wii sports games with Randy and Jo.  I couldn't get to his wedding last month in Alabama, but my new niece Andrea is a beauty, and I like her very much.

My only plans tomorrow: the bank.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2007, 04:45:22 PM »

Great news, Elmore! Sounds like all the vibes worked. I hope they work as well for JRand's family!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2007, 04:46:31 PM »

The Summit Meeting is over, the estate taxes paid, and the debt settled between the estate and the outstanding debt Macbeth owed my dad's estate paid.  Quite grudgingly, and quite unfriendly, but paid.  Both Macbeths showed up, and Jo remarked after they had gone that Lady M spent more time trying to eavesdrop on the meeting than visiting with her.  Macbeth is clearly pissed at me, and he wouldn't hand things to me; he threw things into the middle of the table.  In a surprise twist, the company also paid me the balance of what was outstanding from my dad's equal payment to me, which I was never expecting. My goal to to see Randy and Tom got the full amount of what dad intended to give them, and I never intended to ask for any more money.  My brother was quite insistent that this settled all debts, which it does, but I'm sure as well that it settl;e all further communication between us.  During the approximate 90 minutes they were here, Lady M spoke not a word to me, and I'm sure that she's raging over the fact that $28,000 was taken from her the company's bank account.

Now my nephew Cory and his new bride Andrea are here visiting and playing Wii sports games with Randy and Jo.  I couldn't get to his wedding last month in Alabama, but my new niece Andrea is a beauty, and I like her very much.

[size=8]HOO & RAY[/size]

[size=8]SAVOR THE VICTORY![/size]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:46:53 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2007, 04:49:06 PM »

My brother was quite insistent that this settled all debts, which it does, but I'm sure as well that it settl;e all further communication between us.

You have only one brother.

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2007, 04:56:05 PM »

And if you need any more help, try my new best friend, Grammar Girl!

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/

Thanks Edi - most of the errors are errors of starting to write and getting distracted or just quick first draft errors. They have all been fixed now and I'm glad I had the help of so many friends (I emailed the link to a number of other friends). It was a back burner project for me for just too long.   The next thing I'm going to look at is have the whole site translated into Spanish. Wouldn't that be cool.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2007, 04:58:04 PM »

I am so glad that your meeting is over, elmore.  Do you really care if Lady M ever speaks to you again?  I am saddened by the riff between you and your brother, but you know that is not your fault.  Sleep well tonight.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 04:58:26 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2007, 04:59:34 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I'm back from the gym... And accordingly to the scale there, I've lost four pounds over the past few weeks.  -Although, according to the scale I have here at the apartment, I've gained two.  ???  In any case, my jeans are fitting "better", and I'm really starting to fill out my shirts.  :P

I always go by whatever scale says I'm losing weight

Cillaliz

« Reply #197 on: November 13, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »

Vibes to Ryan and Emily ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George

« Reply #198 on: November 13, 2007, 05:12:23 PM »

It's the end of an era.  

Enjoy your time with your nephew and the people you care about and those who care about you! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: November 13, 2007, 05:16:55 PM »

DR Elmore. I'm very glad to hear the meeting is over and you received what your father intended.  Whatever the long term outcome with your brother, it sounds like the less you have to deal with him and Lady MacBeth for now, the better off you'll be
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 05:17:15 PM by Cillaliz »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2007, 05:26:15 PM »

I always go by whatever scale says I'm losing weight

I believe you should never get on a scale unless you are standing on the moon's surface (or in that film studio where they filmed the moon landing).
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #201 on: November 13, 2007, 05:37:33 PM »

Hooray DR Elmore. I expect you to always be in a good humor for now on.

I have finished the book case for my bedroom which now holds a good many watched DVDs. I still need to go through and alphabetize them, but I did manage to separate the movies from the TV shows....I have an awful lot of duplicate Dragnet DVDs.

I also have a lot of left over pieces from the book case! Hmmm.

singdaw

« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2007, 05:57:38 PM »

DR elmore3003:  I am so relieved for you.  It sounds like the best outcome you could have hoped for.  Perhaps time can mend some rifts, but for now, you are in a healthier place.

singdaw

« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2007, 05:59:46 PM »

DR JoseSPiano - were you at Borders today, taking advantage of the 40% discount on CDs?

I was.  I saw the newish Measha Brueggergosman CD that you had mentioned about a month ago, but I also found an older CD on an obscure label that features her in the Copland Dickinson songs and the Barber Knoxville.  I doubt that anyone shall ever surpass Upshaw, but it will be nice to have this one, too.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2007, 06:06:55 PM »

Hooray DR Elmore. I expect you to always be in a good humor for now on.

I have finished the book case for my bedroom which now holds a good many watched DVDs. I still need to go through and alphabetize them, but I did manage to separate the movies from the TV shows....I have an awful lot of duplicate Dragnet DVDs.

I also have a lot of left over pieces from the book case! Hmmm.

Do you alphabetize them in English or Hindi?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2007, 06:24:14 PM »

Exhale, DR Elmore, exhale!

We are still available Friday and Saturday evenings - in fact, I'll probably be home a little early Friday because I'm having a flu shot here in town at 4pm.  That should get me home earlier than my usual 6:15-6:30.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2007, 06:31:14 PM »

Generous thanks for all of the Vibes from the magicians here at HHW.

Yes, DRJOSE, Emily & Ryan live near Baltimore.

We have had no confirmation of anything....but I expect we shall hear something tomorrow.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2007, 06:32:01 PM »

Lovely kitty pics and wreath pics from DR EDISAURUS, and nature pics from DRs RLP and GINNY.

They cheered me considerably.

I am watching the 50's noir pics that are being shown on TCM this evening.  Interesting.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2007, 06:34:56 PM »

Time for rehearsal!  Have a good evening (what's left of it ;)), all!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2007, 06:38:25 PM »

Elmore-

The rest is silence

I'm glad it turned out the way it did.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up