Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: APPLE BROWN BETTY  (Read 17186 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:APPLE BROWN BETTY
« Reply #210 on: November 25, 2007, 09:39:03 PM »

Let's hear all about Debi.  We've heard All About Eve, so now it's Debi's turn.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #211 on: November 25, 2007, 09:39:54 PM »

Not long enough for me... it seems I got nothing done although I was awfully busy doing stuff....
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2007, 09:41:41 PM »

and continued Healing Vibage for Danise, Kerry, FJL, Jane, TCB and Noel

vixmom

« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2007, 09:48:09 PM »

I'll ask for a few "continued employment" vibes for me as well.... I am getting a more than a bit nervous

with the continued downturn of the real estate market and the closing of various banks and mortgage brokers....

well.... much vibage is requested

vixmom

« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2007, 09:48:51 PM »

and with that.. I must to bed

td

• td
« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2007, 09:55:30 PM »

Following the laughed-out-loud episode of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, I finally got around to the dvd of HAIRSPRAY, cranking up that DTS 6.1 soundtrack enough to shake the walls a little.  I had spent Thursday night watching the special features on disc two, and I'm still not through all of those features!
A few thoughts: the cut song, "I Can Wait" is gorgeous and Nikki Blonsky sings it brilliantly, BUT, it is sooo wrong for the moment in the film in which it would have fallen.
Michelle Pfieffer's two villainous roles this year should earn her at least one Oscar nomination.  I adore her Velma in HAIRSPRAY.
I know a lot of people don't like Travolta's Edna, but, I certainly love her.  It's great to see those first tentative dance steps onto the tenement steps and blossom into the "Mama's got to let go" exclamation at the end of "Welcome to the 60's."  I honestly believe that Chris Walken's Wilbur loves this Edna, in no small part due to the casting.
Nikki Blonsky's debut, though not as awe-inspiring as Jennifer Hudson's last year, is indeed a marvel, and every bit as brilliant as Rikki Lake's prior take on the role.
I still CANNOT believe that the man who put out THE PACIFIER and CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN choreographed AND helmed this HAIRSPRAY.
Marc Shaiman's arrangements are filled with little quirks - "La Vie en Rose" in "Timeless to Me" and are quite full-bodied in DTS sound.
I think that the transfer is brilliant, too.  A bit lighter than what I saw in the theater, but eye-popping with color and choreographed moves.
It's such a pleasant surprise to find a musical film which NEVER tries to deny the fact that it IS a musical.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DaNiece

« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2007, 10:34:28 PM »

Let's hear all about Debi.  We've heard All About Eve, so now it's Debi's turn.

DR bk thank you for your interest and invite to join your board!

I love exclamation marks! I blame it on my profession ... marketing. In my small world everything is exaggerated especially when I am trying to write a complete sentence. I am a proud mother of two young men - ages 19 and 17. One in college and one a high school senior. I live in Pittsburgh. I am Da'niece of Danise (I changed my name to protect the innocent).

I'm new to this type of community. It's a little awkward for me to communicate without talking but I'm learning. I am grateful to my dear Auntie who graciously exposed me to your board on her last visit to the 'burgh. And of course, DR td for being td. (this sounds like an Academy speech!).

td

• td
« Reply #217 on: November 25, 2007, 10:40:52 PM »

DR DaNiece - never hurts to have some sort of acceptance speech prepared; you never know when (or what) you might win!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2007, 11:21:28 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2007, 11:22:03 PM »

Welcome DaNeice....

I think you will find this a fun and entertaining board to say the least...

Loveable, crazy and friendly!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2007, 11:22:19 PM »

Boo!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #221 on: November 25, 2007, 11:23:07 PM »

I know when I go to my parents place,  I try not to stay on the computer really late since the computer and living room light shines into my parents room and I am trying to respect my parents sleeping schedule to some extent.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 11:26:45 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #222 on: November 25, 2007, 11:24:32 PM »

I had an odd dream last night....

It was a newly created movie called the Attack of the Levains and Jose was in it!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2007, 11:24:53 PM »

and I blame Jose!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2007, 11:25:46 PM »

Bruce, are you safe from the fires? I heard there were new wildfires in parts of SoCal.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2007, 11:28:48 PM »

I will have to try the recipe this weekend. I have some apples I can use.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2007, 11:31:15 PM »

You know what would be neat.....

If all the world would learn to respect, understand and accept...

That would be the greatest wish for the holidays

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2007, 11:32:11 PM »

I am on a roll!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2007, 11:33:10 PM »

I think HHW is being subjected to a church mice convention, it is awfully quiet...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #229 on: November 25, 2007, 11:36:44 PM »

Expecting colder weather but very little snow. They are predicting single digits for highs by the end of the week

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2007, 11:40:09 PM »

I am all by my lonesome....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2007, 11:41:06 PM »

echo.....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2007, 12:07:24 AM »

So, no one made Apple Brown Betty after I was kind enough to supply a recipe?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2007, 12:07:43 AM »

Who am I talking to?  I'm the only one in the jernt.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2007, 12:08:24 AM »

Not even one GUEST.  That's November for you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up