Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: SHAV AND A HAIRCUT  (Read 29795 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:SHAV AND A HAIRCUT
« Reply #390 on: December 05, 2007, 09:44:26 PM »

I'm using Greg's little mac book and am noticing it has some sticky keys. (This was my xmas present to him last year but I haven't really used it to see how it does.) So any typos I make can be attributed to that, and not my lack of sleep! :-)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #391 on: December 05, 2007, 09:46:34 PM »

Oh, and JRand you will soon have a package of goodies winging it's way to Indiana very soon.

Being borne by winged, sexually harrassed cats?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #392 on: December 05, 2007, 09:50:42 PM »

ooooohhhhh, I'm not going to make it. Thanks to everyone else who sent vibes and I'm sure I'll be up at 4 AM reading the rest of these notes!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #393 on: December 05, 2007, 09:55:19 PM »

As for The Little Mermaid...  I liked it.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD... WELL, AT LEAST SOME OPINIONS ABOUT THE PREVIEW PERFORMANCE I SAW TONIGHT

However, I'm afraid(?) to admit that I was a bit underwhelmed.  It's a very entertaining show, and there are some pretty cool visuals and some standout performances.  However, I was never really "WOW'd" by anything, and the emotional pay-off at the end was not really there.  -Although, the quartet in the second act has to be one of most beautiful things that Alan Menken has ever written.

Strangely enough(?), my biggest complaint about the show was/is the show curtain.  It's sort of ugly, and sort of grade-school-play-looking to me.  However, it did look like they're in the midst of upgrading the proscenium arch, so maybe it's all just a work in progress.  In any case...

I am sooooo proud of Tituss Burgess.  We worked together a couple years ago, right before he started to "break".  In fact, that break was a stint down at Disneyworld - and I was the one who urged him to go to that audition, so... :)  It's nice to know there is life after Good Vibrations.  ;)  There was only real disappointment in the cast for me, but I can't tell if it was the actor or just the way the part was written - or a bit of both.  -And I shall wait until I see the show again before I pass my final judgement.  ;)

Yadda-yadda-yadda...

But, again, I enjoyed the show.  We both enjoyed the show.  And a great big Thanks to You-Know-Who-You-Are for the great seats!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #394 on: December 05, 2007, 09:59:02 PM »

I'll be wearing ribbons down my back. . .

...Unfortunately, that song is one of my "dreaded" audition songs.  I don't think I've ever played it for anyone who's ever sang it properly or at least with a beautiful voice.  -Although, I sometimes get the feeling that people are trying to sound like the woman in the movie.  ???  If ever a song could be called "annoying", well...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #395 on: December 05, 2007, 10:08:12 PM »

There are no See's candies outlets here, but I may as well ask:
what are everyone's favorites?

DR Jeanne - Well...  According to the See's website, they do have Seasonal Stands/Kiosks (open from November 8-December 31) set up at the following locations:

LANDMARK MALL
5801 DUKE STREET
ALEXANDRIA, VA 22304

DULLES TOWN CENTER
21100 DULLES TOWN CIRCLE
DULLES, VA 20166

FAIR OAKS MALL
11750 FAIR OAKS
FAIRFAX, VA 22033

TYSON GALLERIA
2001 INTERNATIONAL DRIVE
MC LEAN, VA 22102

TYSON'S CORNER CENTER
1961 CHAIN BRIDGE ROAD
MCLEAN, VA 22102

SPRINGFIELD MALL
6500 SPRINGFIELD MALL
SPRINGFIELD, VA 22150

Hmm... I guess they stopped setting up one in The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City.  The Seasonal Stands carry only the pre-packaged items - alas, no individual piece selection - but a box of See's is better than no See's.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #396 on: December 05, 2007, 10:08:39 PM »

Hi, DR Jason!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #397 on: December 05, 2007, 10:10:48 PM »

Well, tomorrow is a long day for me.  I'll be in Applause land from 10:00 to 4:00.  And I went ahead and booked the rehearsal studio starting at 9:00 so that I could some practicing and warming-up.  So, since 9:00 is just eight hours from now...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #398 on: December 05, 2007, 10:11:55 PM »

Watching the second motion picture on DVD.  But, I'm tired, and I have to get up really early to be at a ten o'clock meeting in Culver City, for which I'll have to leave an hour ahead of time since there's going to be a lot of traffic no matter which route I take.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #399 on: December 05, 2007, 10:14:05 PM »

And here's a picture of the robe that she was talking about...it's my Ghost of Christmas Present costume:

Well, aren't you the Fruity Lad.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #400 on: December 05, 2007, 11:05:55 PM »

I just have to say it...DR Jason is one handsome devil!

Yes he is!  Love the pictures!  Great costumes. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #401 on: December 05, 2007, 11:35:47 PM »

It is now eleven-thirty.  The last post prior to George's was made at nine o'clock.  STOP THE BLOODY WUSSBURGERING before I have to bitch-slap you people from here to eternity and hell and back.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #402 on: December 05, 2007, 11:49:36 PM »

I think everybody was watching both "Life" and "Project Runway."

I know I was.

But bitch-slap me if you want to.  I might like it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #403 on: December 05, 2007, 11:50:18 PM »

Thanks for the picture in the robe, Jason.  It's quite spectacular, to say the least!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #404 on: December 05, 2007, 11:54:35 PM »

"Project Runway"

[size=8] S P O I L E R [/size]

I wanted Victoria to be "out"...on principle.  She's arrogant and only marginally talented, IMO.  Her outfit was well-fitted because her team leader MADE it fit.  He should have listened to her, though, the day before, when she told him he needed to fix the "fit" of the dress in front.  THAT is what Nina hated the most.

I don't think Chris should have gone.  I liked his group's stuff...and his better than the other two. But...I guess I just like "costumey" fashions.

I think it's so  funny that Kristian ALWAYS thinks he's going to win and just gets enough points to move on.  He always looks just a tad deflated as he walks away.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #405 on: December 05, 2007, 11:56:11 PM »

It's time I ordered my butt into bed.

It's always a struggle.

I never listen to myself.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #406 on: December 05, 2007, 11:58:34 PM »

What ever happened to Fay Wray ?

You don't wanna know.

But if you must, look in a mirror in 50 years, and then you'll get a grasp on it.

(She died August 15, 2004 , just five weeks shy of her 97th birthday.)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:01:28 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #407 on: December 06, 2007, 12:03:45 AM »

The movie he showed was "Movers & Shakers" -

I dropped an email to TCM since DR RLP so graciously suggested I do so rather than bother everyone at HHW about it, and when I get a response I will keep it to myself.

It's what you should have done in the first place.

If I was gracious in any way,  I beg your forgiveness since I went to a lot of  trouble to find an answer for you and got nothing but a flippant  smug answer in return.

Nothing gracious about that, either.

::)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up