Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: HO, HO, HO  (Read 27972 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:HO, HO, HO
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2007, 09:44:27 AM »

And as for lunch, let's see... There's that great falafel and schwarma place up a block from here... The Go-Go-Curry place two blocks from here...  Macy's food court...  A couple of "point and pray" steam table Chinese food places... Oh, that Chinese bakery with the really good custard and red bean buns...  The fried chicken and fish place across the street... The one deli/food bar place that always seems to have some interesting Mediterranean meze...

I can hear your stomach growling all the way over here!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2007, 09:44:45 AM »

Page 4.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2007, 09:44:50 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam - Has DR MissKaren been sending you some of her homegrown organic?
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2007, 09:46:22 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam - Has DR MissKaren been sending you some of her homegrown organic?

No.  Do you mean to tell me....

Are you saying that....

Does she really grow.....

How long has she been supplying YOU?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2007, 09:47:59 AM »

Hey, ELMO!

Hw r ths vwls dng nw?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2007, 09:49:22 AM »

So sue me.   I get a bit giddy on travel days.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2007, 09:53:52 AM »

Oh... And I haven't had Indian food in a while...  And there's also Djerdan for Balkan food - amazing bureks!... I'm also not that far from 'wichcraft in Bryant Park...  Restaurant Forte Baden Baden for Korean style fried chicken - and the deep-fry the garlic cloves too!... The Korean kimbab (sushi rolls) place...  Etc., etc., etc.

grumble, grumble, grumble
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2007, 09:55:14 AM »

How long has she been supplying YOU?

I always grow make supply my own.  The conditions around the Reservoir are ideal.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2007, 09:56:16 AM »

Quick question: Is it Hanukkah or Chanukah? Or are both spellings acceptable?

There are many variant spellings.  To properly transliterate the Hebrew, you really should have a "ch" at the beginning, since the Hebrew letter is "cheth", which is pronounced with a guttural, "clearing the throat" sound.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2007, 10:06:58 AM »

Apparently the threat of having someone visit Dress Circle to discuss the lack of responses to my e-mails got me a response.  A rude, unacceptable response, but a response.  And apparently the wire transfer of their overdue invoice is on its way, which I'll believe when it arrives.  But, it's their last order with me - I will not put up with their accountant's childish behavior and game-playing any longer and they can get our product elsewhere.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2007, 10:11:01 AM »

Anybody wanna join me for lunch?
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2007, 10:17:12 AM »

Hey, ELMO!

Hw r ths vwls dng nw?

I think you're very rude to make fun of my new keyboard.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2007, 10:18:25 AM »

Apparently the threat of having someone visit Dress Circle to discuss the lack of responses to my e-mails got me a response.  A rude, unacceptable response, but a response.  And apparently the wire transfer of their overdue invoice is on its way, which I'll believe when it arrives.  But, it's their last order with me - I will not put up with their accountant's childish behavior and game-playing any longer and they can get our product elsewhere.

Dress Circle was always behind in payments to The Drama Book Shop when I was working for them.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2007, 10:20:39 AM »

LUNCH!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2007, 10:22:54 AM »

Right now, I'm watching last night's "Boston Legal."  I didn't really care for this episode.  

We gave up on Boston Legal this season and from what I read here, I'm sure we made the right decision.  

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2007, 10:24:49 AM »

DR Jose, YES! I was at Grape Leaf! (They have changed their name, though.)

They were listed in the AJC top 50 Atlanta restaurants, but since they are located in predominantly anglo East Cobb, they don't know what a treasure they have in their midst.

Grape Leaf was started by the chef from COM, in Atlanta, a very popular place. I tried their grape leaf duck and salmon, but it's not nearly as good.

COM is always packed with people---the regulars call themselves "Commies". If only we could relocate Grape Leaf, I know it would do well in Atlanta. They struggle to survive as it is.

We have taken a lot of people there and they love it, but they never seem to go back on their own...only with us.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2007, 10:25:17 AM »

How did you end up there anyway?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2007, 10:28:18 AM »

Anybody wanna join me for lunch?

ME!

Actually, I'm having a pretty good shrimp magaman curry right now--spicier than what I'm used to but quite yummy!

Edisaurus

« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2007, 10:29:16 AM »

"Point and pray"---I like that!

Edisaurus

« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2007, 10:30:30 AM »

I would love for you to bring rain, Ron. Unfortunately, the TSA will only allow you to bring what you can fit into a ziploc baggie.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2007, 10:32:17 AM »

I went to the griffith Observatory today for the first time since the re-model. It is really very nice, and the new show planetarium show is well put together. No more lasarium shows though, which is sad. I remember seeing a laser show to  Dark Side of the Moon there. Fond childhood memories.

We haven’t been there in years and years.  We never seem to have the time when we are visiting LA.  

Keith took me there on a semi-regular basis once we began dating.  While standing outside the observatory watching a shooting star he slipped an engagement ring on my finger. We had been engaged at least a year, the ring signified we were going to set a date.

Sadly the ring was lost or stolen.  Happily I still have Keith.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2007, 10:33:57 AM »

It's the part of travel I'm least good at....deciding what I'm going to need and later discovering I left something crucial behind and, worse, that I've packed more than I can use.

You have my sympathies, Ron--I loathe deciding what to take. I don't mind the actual putting-into-the-suitcase part, but deciding what to take and being restricted to a few items--well, I loathe it. I can often be heard saying, "I HATE packing! I HATE it!"  I don't know why it provokes such a strong reaction in me; it always works out. But it's now my standard reaction.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2007, 10:40:13 AM »

Quick question: Is it Hanukkah or Chanukah? Or are both spellings acceptable?

Both are acceptable.  I personally prefer Chanukah, it just seems right.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2007, 10:40:48 AM »

And as for lunch, let's see... There's that great falafel and schwarma place up a block from here... The Go-Go-Curry place two blocks from here...  Macy's food court...  A couple of "point and pray" steam table Chinese food places... Oh, that Chinese bakery with the really good custard and red bean buns...  The fried chicken and fish place across the street... The one deli/food bar place that always seems to have some interesting Mediterranean meze...

No contest! I had a bowl of tomato soup. Oh course, that's very all-American, so BK should be pleased.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2007, 10:43:27 AM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2007, 10:43:34 AM »

We gave up on Boston Legal this season and from what I read here, I'm sure we made the right decision.  

I gave up on David Kelly about two dramatic series earlier than BOSTON LEGAL.  

Jane

« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2007, 10:45:35 AM »

I'm glad JMK explained why the Ch spelling is right.:)

Jane

« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2007, 10:48:24 AM »

Safe & Easy Travel & packing VIBES!  How is your mouth today?

I too find the most difficult part of packing is what to take.  I like enough clothes to cover the temperature fluctuations.  Plus my goal, or I should say Keith's, is to pack as little as possible.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2007, 10:49:18 AM »

New keyboard, Larry? If you're switching from a regular to an ergonomic one, or vice-versa, I can really understand problems. It took me a while to get used to the ergonomic one, but now I wouldn't want to go back.

Edisaurus

« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2007, 10:51:14 AM »

You have my sympathies, Ron--I loathe deciding what to take.

Jeanne, why don't you have that person the TSA always asks you about ("has anyone else packed your bag"?) do it for you?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up