Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: I DREAM OF CHURROS  (Read 40140 times)

singdaw

Re:I DREAM OF CHURROS
« Reply #360 on: December 17, 2007, 06:52:07 PM »

DR George - how are you celebrating your first night of "freedom"?

singdaw

« Reply #361 on: December 17, 2007, 06:52:54 PM »

Many many things one would never think of can be used as weapons and can do great damage.

A stale churro, for example.

Michael

« Reply #362 on: December 17, 2007, 07:01:26 PM »

GIRL, 10, ARRESTED FOR USING KNIFE TO CUT FOOD AT SCHOOL

Well, so much for good table manners.

"Girls and boys, please line up and proceed to your designated spot at the luncheon trough."

der Brucer

A little too much. That's nuts.

Never stop dreaming.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #363 on: December 17, 2007, 07:01:29 PM »

Speaking of things to munch on:

Last night there was the usual crash of overturned trash cans as Fletcher checked the kitchen for snacks. Suddenly he came prancing into the den and flopped on his pillow to enjoy his new found treasure - the Brussels' Sprout stalk!

Mikey wass quite jealous and there was some snarling ang tug-of-warring when Mikey tried to make off with the stalk

der Brucer

PS Yes, He ate the whole thing!

Lovely story derBrucer....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #364 on: December 17, 2007, 07:01:57 PM »

Speaking of things to munch on:

Last night there was the usual crash of overturned trash cans as Fletcher checked the kitchen for snacks. Suddenly he came prancing into the den and flopped on his pillow to enjoy his new found treasure - the Brussels' Sprout stalk!

Mikey wass quite jealous and there was some snarling ang tug-of-warring when Mikey tried to make off with the stalk

der Brucer

PS Yes, He ate the whole thing!

Lovely story derBrucer....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #365 on: December 17, 2007, 07:02:11 PM »

DR TOMovOZ and DR COLIN....thinking of you today.....  Everybody give their doggies an extra pat and say Miss Fosca's name......

I lit a candle...

Hugs for Tom, Colin and the Magnus...

FJL

« Reply #366 on: December 17, 2007, 07:13:53 PM »

Just watched most of the show about selecting the best choir (I think it's called Clash of the Choirs?)  I guess this will be running all week.  I'm hoping this one becomes a regular series, only I hope they drop the idea that each choir represents a city if it becomes a regular series.  I can see cities ganging up in the phone voting.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #367 on: December 17, 2007, 07:20:33 PM »

That's sweet Dakota.  How are you doing tonight?

Jane

« Reply #368 on: December 17, 2007, 07:22:38 PM »

Edi-Great news you are very happy with the composure’s work!

Ginny

« Reply #369 on: December 17, 2007, 07:24:45 PM »

Jane - we've had NetFlix since right around the time Richard retired (summer 2003).  I can't imagine going back to having to go to a store for movies to watch.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #370 on: December 17, 2007, 07:30:41 PM »

Well, okay, but she makes one heck of a potato salad...... and it only a couple thousand miles out of your way.

My niece Laura, who's coming from Illinois this weekend, makes great potato salad, too.  We're hoping she'll make some to go with our ham.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 07:31:18 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #371 on: December 17, 2007, 07:32:45 PM »

Think I'm going to try to see my doctor tomorrow.  I don't like the tightness of my cough and the achiness I'm feeling.

'night!

MBarnum

« Reply #372 on: December 17, 2007, 07:41:29 PM »

Forgot?  Or were you distracted by your neighbor across the street raking the leaves in his front yard?

Even in the winter months he can still be seen, on occasion, working in his yard sans shirt. It's like having Colt Studios right across the street.

Jane

« Reply #373 on: December 17, 2007, 07:42:32 PM »

Now I'm in the mood for potato salad.  I'm being good though.  Keith is popping popcorn and I will not have any.  Loosing weight is my way of consoling myself that I can't bake or make any fudge.

I really thought by now I would be able to do either, however my wrist and arm are not agreeing with me.  Best to listen than to have long term damage cuz I did too much too soon.  

I should be fine by Valentine's Day. :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 08:00:13 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #374 on: December 17, 2007, 07:43:13 PM »

Ginny, take care of yourself.  

MBarnum-LOL

Jane

« Reply #375 on: December 17, 2007, 07:44:59 PM »

I received a package in the mail so well wrapped I needed Keith to cut it open.  Even if I were currently capable to wrap & unwrap packages I would have needed him to do so.  I have never seen such a beautiful taping job on a package. ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #376 on: December 17, 2007, 07:52:34 PM »

Jane, I also have Netflix and I love it. It has saved me a bundle of money on buying DVDs of people that I am going to interview.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #377 on: December 17, 2007, 07:57:27 PM »

Guess I shall be on my way to see a cabaret show.  I'll be back as soon as possible, believe me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #378 on: December 17, 2007, 08:00:25 PM »

Am I the only one here who actually saw Gorgeous George wrestle?  I saw a match between he and Freddie Blassie, and at the end, GG lost, and they cut his hair off (an obvious wig).  While I wrote about many of the wrestling matches I saw in Kritzer Time, I don't think I included that one.

I remember Gorgeous George. Not sure its the same Gorgeous George. My brother and I used to watch All Star Wrestling in the 60s and did what we called goony wrestling while we watched.

Jane

« Reply #379 on: December 17, 2007, 08:00:49 PM »

'night
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 08:01:58 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #380 on: December 17, 2007, 08:02:32 PM »

I was going to say something else and changed my mind.  Editing 'night looks rather silly-LOL

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #381 on: December 17, 2007, 08:08:28 PM »

Tomorrow afternoon, I am going to have to do some SERIOUS package wrapping. I've put it off longer than I ever have before. Not my favorite thing to do, but it has to be done.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #382 on: December 17, 2007, 08:12:51 PM »

I began my evening by watching UNDERDOG on Blu-ray. Yes, it's based on the old 60s cartoon show, but it also fits right in with Disney's other comedies of the 60s where fantastical things happen to people and objects like cars.

Problem is that it isn't the 1960s, and the film is pretty lame all around. The special effects are pretty impressive - the same type of CGI that was used in BABE - plus they have the dog flying and doing all kinds of stunts. Still, weak plot, no characters of any real interest, and not much humor.

Amy Adams voices Polly Purebred. Jason Lee is the voice of Underdog.

Matt H.

« Reply #383 on: December 17, 2007, 08:14:49 PM »

Then I watched all the special features on the UNDERDOG Blu-ray. Nothing earthshaking about any of the bonuses though they did include two UNDERDOG cartoons from the 1960s. Hadn't seen any of these in decades.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #384 on: December 17, 2007, 08:16:37 PM »

It's been a long day.  I just got in from a backer's presentation of BUSKER ALLEY at the York.  DR Julie was there tonight looking absolutely fabulous.  The cast was quite wonderful, and after the presentation I spent some time talking to Tony and Gen Walton, Anne Rogers (the original Polly in the London production of THE BOY FRIEND and Julie Andrews' replacement in MY FAIR LADY), Jim Morgan, Bob Billig who's currently conducting the tour of THE DROWSY CHAPERONE, the presentation's MD Aaron Gandy and several others.  The only person I wanted to say hello to, but missed, was Jim Dale.  It' quite a lovely piece, and I still cannoy figure out why Tommy Tune was playing the lead in the original production.  I think he's a wonderful perfromer and director but completely wrong for the role.  Jim Dale was excellent.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #385 on: December 17, 2007, 08:19:48 PM »

I found myself with plenty of time tonight to watch BE YOURSELF with Fannie Brice. Lots of musical numbers for Fannie (and it was obvious some others were cut, probably due to the audience turning away from musicals by 1930), and it's also obvious this film was used as a reference on both "The Swan" sequence in FUNNY GIRL and "Great Day" in FUNNY LADY.

When I first saw FUNNY LADY, I loved "Great Day," but I thought it didn't look very 1930s, but I was wrong. Yep, there's that circular set with Fannie in black sequins at the top of the set singing "Punchin' a Hole in the Sky" like a gospel singer. Now, the arrangements in that FUNNY LADY song weren't 30s at all, but the set and costumes were closer than I ever imagined.

Matt H.

« Reply #386 on: December 17, 2007, 08:22:34 PM »

In the 25 minutes I had left before JOURNEYMAN, I put in WHITE CHRISTMAS to give it my annual viewing. I only got to the "Sisters" number, but this will be the perfect film to be playing while I wrap presents tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #387 on: December 17, 2007, 08:23:21 PM »

JOURNEYMAN had another winner tonight, and Kevin McKidd was just brilliant playing heartache and deperation so well. How I'm going to miss this hour of TV after Wednesday!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #388 on: December 17, 2007, 08:28:53 PM »

I just reviewed the documentary Ballot Measure 9, which I bet DR MBarnum remembers (the ballot measure, not the film, the film has absolutely no Bollywood actors in it whatsoever).  Measure 9 was the virulent anti-gay initiative that was on Oregon's ballot in 1992 and this film brought back those days with a vengeance (literally).  I recommend it as a cautionary tale to everyone, gay or straight, as it shows how easy it is to slip into fascistic behavior.  Not that our government would ever condone anything like that.    ::)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #389 on: December 17, 2007, 08:29:01 PM »

Sorry for having been so E & T, school concerts, business Holiday Dinners, Sanat Lucia Fests, Sunday School Christmas Concerts, Youth Group Christmas plays and a Bat Mitzvah have al croweded in along with  the Christmas shopping , card writing

(yes I have once again written out my Christmas cards, I wonder if I will get them mailed this year?  I still have a closet full of beautifully wrapped Long Island and NYC calendars that were never mailed to you lovely DR's... any one want a 2007 calendar? )

It is already past 11 PM and I must to bed but I wanted to wish Tomovoz a belated Happy birthday...

I see however that you lost your dear Fosca.... I am very sorry for your loss

((((((((Tomovoz)))))))))

those are bear hugs, teddy bear hugs of course    :-*

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up