Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TITLE OF THE NOTES IS...  (Read 23191 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE TITLE OF THE NOTES IS...
« Reply #240 on: December 26, 2007, 08:52:15 PM »

Busy day here today...

I spent the day helping my mother take down christmas decorations, rearrange a closet, some cupboards and drawers.

My younger sister had managed to string 15 sets of lights on the tree and I had the fun of undoing them.. Gheesh!

My mother decided she needed some order and it started with putting somethings in place and putting the christmas stuff away. I am beat! Lots of boxes and moving furniture.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: December 26, 2007, 08:53:52 PM »

I do have to say I did get a lot accomplished.

Nice treat tonight was watching the Kennedy Center Honors. I do have to agree with Jose, I think that is the most classical music I have heard in a long time.

The other tributes were nicely done but Smokey looked like he has had too much surgery!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

td

• td
« Reply #242 on: December 26, 2007, 09:01:05 PM »

I only caught the Martin Scorsese segment on the Kennedy Center Honors, but, WOW! what an awesome soprano!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #243 on: December 26, 2007, 09:23:43 PM »

TCB, I've had walking pneumonia, so I know what you're going through.  Get well soon!

BK (and MB), I think Mod Squad Pt. 2 may street earlier than that, as it is already in the queue at DVDTalk, and we don't usually get stuff that early.

We had our first major technical meltdown tonight.  Some wizard in the booth deleted one of the prerecords, and didn't notice until (guess what!!) it was time to play it.  It unfortunately was one of most complex pieces I did, the "gavotte" with changing styles to accompany the various dance moves they did.  They first hit the preceding track (the Act II curtain music, which is basically The Search), realized that was wrong and then they just sat there like so much fish while the actors (most of them kids) and I wondered what was going on.  Then for some inexplicable reason they turned the follow spot on and started madly shining it back and forth all over the place.  At that point I just decided to put us all out of our misery and I played the damn thing live.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #244 on: December 26, 2007, 09:29:20 PM »

We had our first major technical meltdown tonight.  Some wizard in the booth deleted one of the prerecords, and didn't notice until (guess what!!) it was time to play it.  It unfortunately was one of most complex pieces I did, the "gavotte" with changing styles to accompany the various dance moves they did.  They first hit the preceding track (the Act II curtain music, which is basically The Search), realized that was wrong and then they just sat there like so much fish while the actors (most of them kids) and I wondered what was going on.  Then for some inexplicable reason they turned the follow spot on and started madly shining it back and forth all over the place.  At that point I just decided to put us all out of our misery and I played the damn thing live.  :)

LIVE music?  Wow??!?  That must have been weird.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #245 on: December 26, 2007, 09:31:58 PM »

So...

DR JMK - Do you think they were cueing the people on stage to improvise a chase scene by moving the spotlights back and forth?  Or were they trying to make it look like a discotheque?

Or were they trying to make the audience think that the light people were in the wrong and not the sound department?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #246 on: December 26, 2007, 09:36:06 PM »

Get well vibes to TCB

td

• td
« Reply #247 on: December 26, 2007, 09:42:28 PM »

Dear, dear, DR TCB1 - GET WELL!  Please.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #248 on: December 26, 2007, 10:01:44 PM »

Here is a picture of the full moon over hollywood. The lit building below the moon is the Griffith Observatory, and the street is Franklin near Cahuenga.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #249 on: December 26, 2007, 10:04:46 PM »

BK SAYS:  I TOLD YOU SO!

LATIMES

Virgin Megastore to close shop

Another one bites the dust: The Virgin Megastore on Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood, just down the street from the shuttered Tower Records, will close when its lease is up in January.

The rent is simply too high, Simon Wright, chief executive of Virgin Megastores North America, said Wednesday.

"We're trying to reposition the business," Wright said, "and a lot of our stores are too big for the future, primarily due to the drop in music sales."

Sales of CDs were down 23% last week from 2006, Billboard reported, as people continue to turn to the Internet for music. Best Buy Co., Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and other retailers account for at least half of album sales, Mayfield said.

Amoeba Records, with locations in Hollywood, San Francisco and Berkeley, tells a contrasting story. Amoeba has a broad selection of music, sells used discs and is a young company with good prospects, Mayfield said.

For music lovers, Amoeba will be one of the only places to shop in the neighborhood after the Virgin Megastore closes, said Justin Goldberg, founder and CEO of online music network indie911, whose offices are a few blocks from the Sunset store.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #250 on: December 26, 2007, 10:10:44 PM »

You're right derBrucer, he did a while back..

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #251 on: December 26, 2007, 10:36:09 PM »

TV GUIDE

Harry Potter wizard Robert "Cedric Diggory" Pattinson has been tapped to star in thirteen director Catherine Hardwicke's Twilight, based on the popular series of books. Pattinson will play the high-school vampire whose blood boils for classmate Kristen Stewart. In other words, he's Angel to her Buffy. — Ben Katner

der Brucer

Planned release Dec 2008 - Vampires for Christmas!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #252 on: December 26, 2007, 10:44:10 PM »

LIVE music?  Wow??!?  That must have been weird.

;D

I play live music (or something approximating it) on every song of every show.   The prerecords are just the "orchestra," so to speak.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #253 on: December 26, 2007, 11:02:35 PM »

Well...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #254 on: December 26, 2007, 11:06:28 PM »

Oh - just the stuff you stole ;D

der Brucer

No...I'm keeping those. ;)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #255 on: December 26, 2007, 11:11:43 PM »

DR George, I have the same pillow that says "If you want the best seat in the house, you'll have to move the cat"!

It originally belonged to my former housemate, who was Ebonie's former owner.

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #256 on: December 26, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »

Sadly, it's only the beginning for Virgin Megastores - as I mentioned before, the entire chain is on its way out.  Someone who is pretty in the know told me so and that's when I reported it earlier this year.  I was in Virgin here a few weeks ago and there was literally no one in the store except me and the employees.

George

« Reply #257 on: December 26, 2007, 11:19:47 PM »

Sadly, it's only the beginning for Virgin Megastores - as I mentioned before, the entire chain is on its way out.  Someone who is pretty in the know told me so and that's when I reported it earlier this year.  I was in Virgin here a few weeks ago and there was literally no one in the store except me and the employees.

To paraphrase Mrs. Meers:  Sad to be all alone in the store.

;)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up