Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: EIGHT COOKIES  (Read 35062 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:EIGHT COOKIES
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2008, 04:53:54 PM »

[size=10]PAGE 10[/size]

Because I can!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 04:54:32 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2008, 04:56:38 PM »

Mr. Barnum, what dates are you going to be in LA?

And are you coming north to see THE LAST STARFIGHTER?
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2008, 04:59:57 PM »

Topic of the Day:  I just finished listening to the original London cast recording of Parade, by Alfred Uhry and Jason Robert Brown.  It's, as far as I can tell, the whole show and the booklet has all the lyrics and dialogue.  It also contains a PAL-region 2 DVD of interviews with Alfred Uhry, Jason Robert Brown, director Rob Ashford and designer Christopher Gram.  It's quite informative, but only about 20 minutes long.

Also, I have BOTH studio recordings of the complete South Pacific with Paige O'Hara and Justino Diaz.  One recording has Pat Suzuki as Bloody Mary and the other (which is otherwise identical) has Shezwae Powell as Bloody Mary.  They were each less than half price, so I got both of them. ;)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 05:03:11 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #273 on: January 18, 2008, 05:02:22 PM »

Fred, can they get away with this???

http://www.myspace.com/thelaststarfighter

WARNING:  Turn down the volume first.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #274 on: January 18, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »

DR Singdaw...do you like your Kindle?

George

« Reply #275 on: January 18, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »

I dont' know if this has been mentioned yet (I'm only caught up to page 5), but today is A. A. Milne's birthday.  If he were alive today, he'd be 125 years old. :)

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #276 on: January 18, 2008, 05:35:56 PM »

I went home for lunch which is my usual behavior. We ate our chicken noodle soup with crackers. We each had a clementine and then Anthony went back to the craft project and I began to sort the laundry for this evening washing party.

The buzzer rang. It was Fed Ex. They had TWO packages. One we were expecting, our memory modules but there was a box, about the size of the box which wa delivered yesterday which contained our new, working, 160gig hard drive.

I signed for both the envelope and the box but was confused. I opened the envelope and it contained the memory and this time it's the right product. I didn't want to open the box but I looked at all my paperwork and none of the purchase orders matched what was written on the box. We weren't expecting anything else and knowing that when we called Gateway we would need to say what was in the box, I opened it. Yes, it is a SECOND 160gig hard drive. It's exactly the same as the drive delivered yesterday. I can't imagine what is going on at Gateway that they could be so disorganized. We now have to call Gateway AGAIN and get a return authorization and make sure that my credit card is not charged for 2 hard drives. We then have to go back to FedEx to set in motion the return of this package. Gateway is spending a fortune on returns. They pick up the cost of the FedEx return because it's their error. So far we have returned one 500gig hard drive and two memory modules (each in a separate package with separate charges). Now comes the 3rd package. This has entered a whole new realm of silly.

All I can say is, at least my computer works.

Oy!

A couple of days ago, we (at the library service center) received a shipment from one of our major vendors.  The invoice had one title, five paperback copies ($6.99 list price per copy) and those five books were in the shipment and processed correctly...our barcode was on the front cover and our library name and address were stamped on the title page.  That's fine.  BUT also in the shipment were another three books.  All three were processed like the paperbacks, but we didn't order them and we weren't billed for them.  The books were "Consumer Sourcebook" and they're $400 each!!  And we got THREE copies of them!!  It isn't our mistake and we don't have to pay for them.  We're also not keeping them.  I called and the rep on the phone, when I told her that they were $400 EACH, sounded quite agitated.  But she said that she'll send a mailing label to return them.  This has certainly happened before, but NEVER with $400 books. :o

George

« Reply #277 on: January 18, 2008, 05:41:39 PM »

Well, I need to be leaving...and I've only caught up to the top of Page 8.  Anyway, I'm working concessions tonight for Sex Workers Art Show Tour 2008!  Click HERE for the artists' website. ;)

Have a good evening, all! ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #278 on: January 18, 2008, 05:43:20 PM »

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or hump it.......

Piss on it and walk away

der Brucer

The above passed on to me by my sweet blue-haired Republican widow in CA
When I first glanced at this, I thought it was your birthday greeting to Charles!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #279 on: January 18, 2008, 05:47:43 PM »

But this ditty evened the score:

There was a fey lad from town Yonkers
Answered to the name of Winkworth
When the guys in the gym compared Wonkers
They looked at his winky and went Zonkers
For it had grand length and great girth

der Brucer

There's a reason why der B did not romance me with song.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #280 on: January 18, 2008, 06:01:21 PM »

On the other hand, you've effectively dissuaded any HHW DR from dropping in unexpected and unannounced hoping to crash on your fire escape for a few days!

:D

;D

Long after our lice problem was cleared Bryan was not invited to a number of friend's houses, or were they permitted at ours.  His feelings were very hurt.  The parents of Craig's friend's were less worried & trusted me.  No one got lice from visiting our house.  

Jane

« Reply #281 on: January 18, 2008, 06:03:02 PM »

Most likely never.  I dn't think this problem will ever be over, only under control of some sort.  I keep saying the problem's from the building, but perhaps I brought them in on my bag from settng it down somewhere or from an item I bought second-hand.  There are too many possibilities and I feel all one can do is try to be as cautious and preventative as possible.

Sorry, I meant when will it be safe to donate the books?  
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 06:04:27 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #282 on: January 18, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »

But what about Bryan?  Where does he stay on the "other side" of all his flights?

LOL.

In Chicago he stayed with a friend, and I presume will do so when he returns.  In NY he will stay with his girlfriend.  He also has a cousin there and two of his best friends.  

BTW.  School tours and other activities for the day were done with other potential students.  Bryan said his age & experience definitely made a difference, all the younger applicants were very nervous while he was calm & confidant.  :)

td

• td
« Reply #283 on: January 18, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #284 on: January 18, 2008, 06:10:15 PM »

Congratulations to DR Jane on her current milestone!

Thank you.  Since I never pay attention to these things, I'll have to see what milestone I passed, after I make this post. ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #285 on: January 18, 2008, 06:10:18 PM »

DR SWW - I think you have confused your Freidan with your Furness.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #286 on: January 18, 2008, 06:11:10 PM »

What KIND of concessions would be available at the Sex Workers Art Show Tour - one wonders.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #287 on: January 18, 2008, 06:12:11 PM »

I am packing for a conference this weekend. I am so excited I could fall asleep. And I probably will.

ROTFLOL!

td

• td
« Reply #288 on: January 18, 2008, 06:14:53 PM »

Yeah, Jane!  15,000+ posts!   :-*
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #289 on: January 18, 2008, 06:15:19 PM »

Quote from: DERBRUCER on Today at 08:51:39am
The above passed on to me by my sweet blue-haired Republican widow in CA

When did you die?
Der B really does need to learn to refer to her as his favorite sweet blue-haired Republican widow in CA.

(He left behind a whole parcel of 'em!   :o)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #290 on: January 18, 2008, 06:17:33 PM »

Topic of the Day:  I just finished listening to the original London cast recording of Parade, by Alfred Uhry and Jason Robert Brown.  It's, as far as I can tell, the whole show and the booklet has all the lyrics and dialogue.  It also contains a PAL-region 2 DVD of interviews with Alfred Uhry, Jason Robert Brown, director Rob Ashford and designer Christopher Gram.  It's quite informative, but only about 20 minutes long.
Oooh!  I'd like this!

FJL

« Reply #291 on: January 18, 2008, 06:20:18 PM »

TCB -  That group called the Last Starfighter has been around for a while.  Sounds like fun material.

FJL

« Reply #292 on: January 18, 2008, 06:21:29 PM »

Congrats to Jane on your major milestone

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #293 on: January 18, 2008, 06:21:38 PM »

DR SWW - I think you have confused your Freidan with your Furness.
I know not of what you speak!

::)

;D

Jane

« Reply #294 on: January 18, 2008, 06:24:56 PM »

Yeah, Jane!  15,000+ posts!   :-*

I don't know, I fear I'm too talkative.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #295 on: January 18, 2008, 06:25:05 PM »

While I was working one of the regular registers today, a customer came up to purchase this week's NEWSWEEK magazine.  On the cover is a pic of Hillary Clinton, with the quote "I found my own voice."

I looked at it, looked at him, and deadpanned "So, Bill was sitting on it?"

Best laugh I gave a customer all day.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #296 on: January 18, 2008, 06:27:23 PM »

I don't know, I fear I'm too talkative.
Another 11,075 posts, DR Jane, and you'll overtake DR Jose!

:D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #297 on: January 18, 2008, 06:28:44 PM »

Happy Birthday Charles Pogue!

I hope you have a lovely day full of friends and surprises!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #298 on: January 18, 2008, 06:31:24 PM »

Continued vibes to Elmore.....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #299 on: January 18, 2008, 06:33:59 PM »

I should get dinner on the table.  Nothing complicated, just pizza and a salad.

The pizza is one of those pre-made flatbread crusts, to which I'll be adding sauce, pepperoni, some diced ham, cheese, and veggies from the salad bar.  Salad bars are handy for this sort of thing - a lot of times I'll find customers using the bar for small amounts of veg to be used is a dish, where buying a lot of that veg wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Consumer tip of the day.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14   Go Up