Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: VEGETABLES  (Read 59315 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:VEGETABLES
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2008, 05:37:59 AM »

The Georgia Grill is owned by a woman who lives in our neighborhood--she was at the civic association meeting the other night. We could walk to this place, it's so close, but didn't have time last night because I was working right up until the last moment to make it in time for our reservation.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2008, 05:39:46 AM »

Today I'm only working until 1pm and then going to my mom's for the birthday spaghetti dinner that her partner cooks every year for me, Greg and his son. They decorate the house like an Italian restaurant and play Italian music and it's always very fun. They've been doing this for about 10 years.

I will probably wear a red shirt!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2008, 05:40:21 AM »

Oh, I was so verbose I didn't realize that I went and started page two!

Cillaliz

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2008, 05:40:54 AM »

I totally overdid the movie junk food yesterday. I woke up at 5:00 AM, not feeling well at all and feeling like I needed to take a shower... all I could smell was movie popcorn..anyway, I have had a shower, fed the cats and taken some tums.  Hopefully things will settle soon so I can either go back to sleep or get on with my day

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2008, 05:41:56 AM »

I ended page 1 with a birthday greeting...hope you didn't miss that :)

Edisaurus

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008, 05:42:08 AM »

Cillaliz, I like the idea of Superfat Tuesday.

I am still undecided, but the Hillary/Obama debate the other night was helpful. We watched it at our favorite Hawaiian BBQ jernt, with commentary from the patrons.

Cillaliz

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2008, 05:42:48 AM »

Cillaliz, I like the idea of Superfat Tuesday.

I am still undecided, but the Hillary/Obama debate the other night was helpful. We watched it at our favorite Hawaiian BBQ jernt, with commentary from the patrons.

Which way are you leaning?

Edisaurus

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2008, 05:43:17 AM »

Thank you, Cillaliz! Yes, I think I would have missed that if you hadn't ponted it out!

Edisaurus

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2008, 05:44:44 AM »

Before I head to work, I want to give special vibes to TCB. What a terrible thing you are going through. The more I've been reading about MRSA, the more I am surprised that I didn't know about it. (My DH knew what it was.)

I hope you can find some relief, soon!

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2008, 05:45:52 AM »

I'll echo the vibes to TCB, Callie and Boo send them too! ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2008, 05:47:09 AM »

I'm still laughing that the New York Times thinks less than a week of TV political ads is being inundated.  We had over a year of them.  LOL.    

Cillaliz

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2008, 05:47:54 AM »

I really need to get a new avatar photo.  My hair is much longer than that now

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2008, 05:48:58 AM »

DR George, thanks for the Spoiler on your Michael Clayton post. I'm planning to go this afternoon so I skipped over it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2008, 05:49:43 AM »

I will not get any food at the theater today....bleh

Edisaurus

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2008, 05:50:06 AM »

And DR Elmore, I can't beleive you are sitll battling the bugs, after spending so much time, energy and money. Anti-bug vibes to you!

Edisaurus

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2008, 05:52:33 AM »

Well, my birthday has officially begun, now that my mom has called to serenade me with her cassio keyboard. (This was a tradition begun my my GaGa with her ukelele, and carried on when my Gaga passed on.)

Off to work! Thanks also for the b'day wishes, bk and sing! WBB tonight!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2008, 05:52:57 AM »

Happy Birthday DR EDISAURUS!!

Bride of Christ or Bride of Satan?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Edisaurus

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2008, 05:53:01 AM »

And happier tummy vibes to Cilla!

Edisaurus

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2008, 05:53:18 AM »

And congratulations to DS Bryan!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2008, 05:54:09 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ - last weekend on TCM - YOUNG AT HEART was shown, followed by the original version of the story FOUR DAUGHTERS.

Both movies have power house casts - and both are enjoyable.  The ending for the 50's version was changed at the insistence of one of the stars.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2008, 05:55:30 AM »

DR GEORGE what an outrageous movie going experience!!!!

I have a meeting this afternoon and then I will watch EL CID which arrived yesterday.

As for the BRIGADOON score "never having been equaled" - well DR MATTH we will just have to agree to disagree on that one.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2008, 05:57:16 AM »

We did about $1000 in business yesterday, which isn't much by BIG retail standards....but it's a lot of candles and incense...let me tell you.

And one lady called and wanted me to come to her house and exorcise a spirit from her son who was having trouble sleeping - when I told her I didn't do that, she got mad.  And a minister called and asked if we had blank ordination certificates - again I had to say no.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2008, 06:05:26 AM »

Writing my report for the meeting.

Cillaliz

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2008, 06:15:23 AM »

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ POLITICS. IGNORE THIS POST.

Since I've been watching for about a year and a half, I feel like I should throw in my 2 cents. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying it's how I see it right now.  I'll start by saying that now that my favorites are out of the race, I am in Hillary's camp.  I started as an "anyone but Hillary" person, but I have completely changed my mind.

I have watched all but one or two of the dem debates.  I can tell you that everyone's positions have changed quite a bit since the beginning, but that's not a bad thing. At least it means they are listening and learning. I'd rather that than someone who chooses an unwise policy and refuses to change course no matter what.

I have also done a lot of research on Obama's record.  Like all politicians he distorts it.   What bugs me about that is he's running as Mr. I'm against the war when he has repeatedly voted to fund it, the last time was December 18(or 19), 2007. Also he said a couple years after the 2002 speech that if he was in the Senate at the time he's not sure how he would have voted but now he tries to slam Hillary about it.  In one of the debates he attacked Edwards because he wasn't going to leave troops in Iraq in case the terrorists set up camp.   Edwards said he'd leave some in Kuwait, but not Iraq.   So Mr. I'm against the war, doesn't even plan to bring all the troops home.  

He didn't even show up for the vote on the Iranian Army being declared a terrorist organization, but then campaigned saying he didn't vote for that.  He missed something like 167 roll call votes last year and a number of them were important votes. I  realize he was campaiging, but he's running on that experience, and he wasn't there.  He also voted "Present" 130 times in the Illinois legislature.  I have a very close friend who was a state rep and then a state senator.  He said it's a total cop out to vote present and isn't a common thing at all, like Obama says it is.

And I will confess that looking at these two candidates my inner feminist has surfaced. It's time for a woman president.  I didn't get good vibes from Obama when I met him, it didn't get any better the second time I saw him and well....it's like he has this sense of entitlement to the office and we were just peons or something. I didn't get that from any other candidate.  

I don't think Hillary is perfect, I think there will be problems with the Bill Clinton backlash and I don't think it will be easy.   But watching her reaction after her loss in Iowa has convinced me that she can and will be a really good leader.  

So there you go.  If you don't share that opinion that's fine and I completely understand.  Just figured I'd throw out my thoughts.

And just to be fair and balanced.  I think the only Republican who has a chance to win is McCain, but his position on the war and some of the comments he's made lately make me wonder about that.    

I think the biggest things that turned me off to Obama was the huge number of push polls I got from his campaign. Calls where they trash the other candidates, many times with false information, then refused to tell you who they are calling for. It wasn't hard to figure out, they never said one bad thing about Obama. Then Obama would go on TV and act like he wasn't being negative.  Puhleese.

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2008, 06:17:04 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ - last weekend on TCM - YOUNG AT HEART was shown, followed by the original version of the story FOUR DAUGHTERS.

Both movies have power house casts - and both are enjoyable.  The ending for the 50's version was changed at the insistence of one of the stars.

The Young at Heart I want to see is a group of senior citizens singing rock songs. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047007/

I think you're thinking of a different Young at Heart
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 06:21:43 AM by Cillaliz »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2008, 06:27:09 AM »

The Young at Heart I want to see is a group of senior citizens singing rock songs. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047007/

I think you're thinking of a different Young at Heart

Oh, I saw the title and thought I knew EVERYTHING!!!  Just the kind of voter SOME candidates are looking for!  ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2008, 06:45:53 AM »

Slow slow slow......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2008, 06:46:14 AM »

Well I'm not going to stay here by myself!

td

• td
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2008, 07:10:45 AM »

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL BIRTHDAY, DR EDISAURUS!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2008, 07:15:08 AM »

I say, "It's spinach and to hell with it."
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up