Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: VEGETABLES  (Read 59281 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:VEGETABLES
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2008, 09:10:05 PM »

I have also now discovered that I need to have my car inspected tomorrow so I can get a new tag. My DH thought my car was too new to need it, but as we were trying to renew online, we realized that it wasn't exempt. Dang! It's going to be a fun morning...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2008, 09:10:54 PM »

Page 11! My work here is done---time to crash!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »

Nytol!

Edisaurus

« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2008, 09:11:42 PM »

And thanks for the sweet words, Singdaw (whose real name also means "beloved"!)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2008, 09:18:39 PM »

Finished with LP transfer and am just sitting here like so much fish listening to a Michel Colombier CD.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #305 on: February 03, 2008, 09:24:16 PM »

...And I could hear cheering come from various parts of my neighborhood after the Giants won.  And then some car-horn honking.  Thankfully, all of that noise died down pretty quickly.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #306 on: February 03, 2008, 09:27:44 PM »

Earlier today, I changed the faucet in my kitchen.  What was originally there was probably the original faucet from when the building was built in 1987. :P What I put in is fancier with a built-in hose and sprayer nozzle. :D

It was a pain to take out the old one and put in the new one all by myself, but I did it.  The only real problem is that right behind my sink is a counter top that on the other side is a bar-like counter in the living room.  It sticks over the kitchen side just enough so that I can't push the handle back enough to be able to turn it on as full as it's supposed to be. :P Click HERE for a picture of what I got and imagine a counter top behind it that's too close to the handle.  But it works, so it's good enough for me. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #307 on: February 03, 2008, 09:29:20 PM »

I am now going to watch my DVD of "Battle Galactica Razor."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #308 on: February 03, 2008, 09:29:29 PM »

And I just hope Tom Brady is feeling all right after tonight's game... ;)

-I actually bought a copy of that magazine since a friend of mine photographed a spread for that issue.  It was interesting to note that Tom Brady was photographed mainly in a t-shirt and jeans from The Gap (except for the Armani Exchange hoodie he's wearing on the cover).  All the other models in the magazine are wearing thousands of dollars worth of designer clothing.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #309 on: February 03, 2008, 09:29:49 PM »

Until later.

:)

Cillaliz

« Reply #310 on: February 03, 2008, 09:46:27 PM »

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-US&brand=&vid=0fc400bc-c97c-4165-923d-4a4ddb42332e

Here's a link to the Super Bowl commercial featuring The Pina Colada Song. LOL, it played right before the Giants took the lead.  Are the two connected? You tell me....

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #311 on: February 03, 2008, 10:10:40 PM »

Went to a SuperBowl party at my bro's house today with the rest of the family.  Lots of food, fun, and loudness.  Tried to stick to the Weight Watchers points and was semi-successful.  I stayed away from fried stuff, starch's etc, and finished with a skinny cow ice cream sandwich.  We had a good time watching the game and bonding with my brothers and sister.  

Otto (the DD -dear dog) met a pug puppy tonight and proceeded to bark and bark but then got cowardly when the pug wanted to play.  I have a wimp for a dog... <sigh>

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #312 on: February 03, 2008, 11:12:31 PM »

Want to see genius - herewith Michael Bennett's original staging of Who's That Woman from the London Follies.  Whoever is putting these youtube things on DVD for me (td, I think) please do this one and Loveland, which is from the same person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEqLerV6Vgw

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #313 on: February 03, 2008, 11:13:16 PM »

Welcome thirteen GUESTS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #314 on: February 03, 2008, 11:14:13 PM »

Wrote two more pages - so instead of one or two today, I finally did six.  I'll see how I feel about them in the morning.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #315 on: February 03, 2008, 11:14:18 PM »

And I just hope Tom Brady is feeling all right after tonight's game... ;)

-I actually bought a copy of that magazine since a friend of mine photographed a spread for that issue.  It was interesting to note that Tom Brady was photographed mainly in a t-shirt and jeans from The Gap (except for the Armani Exchange hoodie he's wearing on the cover).  All the other models in the magazine are wearing thousands of dollars worth of designer clothing.

That's because Brady makes those clothes LOOK like thousands of dollars worth....while the rest are made BY the clothing they wear.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #316 on: February 03, 2008, 11:15:40 PM »

You must remember this.....I'm still resting.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #317 on: February 03, 2008, 11:19:24 PM »

Superbowl commercials:

Budweiser's "Rocky" -  a heartfelt "Rocky"-inspired story of a Clydesdale horse that doesn't make the first cut for the carriage team, but succeeds after a year of training with an unlikely coach, a Dalmatian dog.

Coca-Cola's "Macy Balloons" -giant balloons in the shape of Stewie from "Family Guy," the vintage cartoon character Underdog and even Charlie Brown duke it out over the same inflatable bottle of Coke, all playing out over the rooftops of Manhattan.

Pixar's - trailer for Wall-E

And thought not a football fan, I really enjoyed the game (even if the middle quarters were more like a soccer game).

The newer camera angels (compared to the last century) and watching on a big-screen HDTV sure make the game easier to follow.

der Brucer

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 11:19:55 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #318 on: February 03, 2008, 11:29:12 PM »

Oh, I guess I have some notes to write.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #319 on: February 03, 2008, 11:34:10 PM »

Superbowl commercials:

Budweiser's "Rocky" -  a heartfelt "Rocky"-inspired story of a Clydesdale horse that doesn't make the first cut for the carriage team, but succeeds after a year of training with an unlikely coach, a Dalmatian dog.

Coca-Cola's "Macy Balloons" -giant balloons in the shape of Stewie from "Family Guy," the vintage cartoon character Underdog and even Charlie Brown duke it out over the same inflatable bottle of Coke, all playing out over the rooftops of Manhattan.

Pixar's - trailer for Wall-E

And thought not a football fan, I really enjoyed the game (even if the middle quarters were more like a soccer game).

The newer camera angels (compared to the last century) and watching on a big-screen HDTV sure make the game easier to follow.

der Brucer

Camera "angels"?  

I ironed seven shirts, and flipped back and forth between the game and  the "Murder,  She Wrote" marathon on Hallmark Channel.  Ultimately, Jessica Fletcher won time of possession.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2008, 11:36:05 PM »

The Jane Austen story on tonight's "Masterpiece" was quite fine, I thought.  Depressing,  but fine.  

I rather like the show's main theme music ("Masterpiece", that is) and I'm harboring a conceit that it might have been composed by Patrick Doyle, he who composed "Henry V", "Much Ado About Nothing" and "Sense and Sensibility", among others.  It has some of his "sound", although it could be someone else entirely.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #321 on: February 04, 2008, 12:21:23 AM »

Camera "angels"?  

Sure - that's how they get those high over-head shots!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up