Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SUCKY AND THE YUCKY VS. THE DUCKY AND THE LUCKY  (Read 72444 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE SUCKY AND THE YUCKY VS. THE DUCKY AND THE LUCKY
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2008, 09:15:23 AM »

derBrucer:  Regarding those "high overhead shots"....Ohhhhhh!  That made sense, actually.  Especially given that the stadium had a dome and the blimp couldn't actually get those shots!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2008, 09:16:28 AM »

More RE: Super Bowl commercials.

I thought the Planters unibrow was really odd.

And the Doritos mouse one very creepy!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2008, 09:17:04 AM »

Ooh!  Ooh!

I went and started

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8] PAGE 3 [/size][/font][/shadow][/glow]

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 09:17:18 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2008, 09:18:22 AM »

This is going to be a LONG week.  I have to work every day of it!

Sigh.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2008, 09:18:45 AM »

Tomorrow is primary day here in California and several of my folks will be missing all day.  That's okay by me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2008, 09:19:23 AM »

Thursday, my dentist will begin "fitting" one of my teeth for a new crown.

Sigh.

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2008, 09:19:52 AM »

Oh and the Justin Timberlake commercial (Pepsi) was pretty funny.

I forgot to say though that my favorite ad was for PRISON BREAK.

They did this really excellent commercial where all the characters are running to escape.

And then they finally find a hatch, open it, and they are in the stadium.

Totally wonderful! I loved it. Everybody at the party (even those who don't watch the show) thought it was great.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2008, 09:20:01 AM »

Friday evening, a favorite County employee will be feted at a local nightspot as she will be retiring next month.  I'm going to miss that lady.

Sigh.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2008, 09:21:57 AM »

I thought the Super Bowl halftime show totally boring.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers obviously have talent and a fanbase...but the entire presentation was a major letdown for me.  Add to that the conceit of letting fans (read that:  Fan Club!) onto the field with lights to complete the "concert" image they tried to put over.

Super Bowl halftimes USED TO BE spectacular and wonderful.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2008, 09:23:40 AM »

Next week....ah, NEXT WEEK will be special to me.

Tuesday is a County holiday (Lincoln's Birthday).  And, the following Monday is a holiday (President's Day).  So.............I'm taking the Monday off before the Tuesday holiday, and I'm taking the Friday off before the Monday holiday.

That's two FOUR-day weekends....with only two workdays separating them.

Those are MY KIND of work weeks!

singdaw

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2008, 09:25:26 AM »

I'm out on the verandah!

We have a verandah?    :o

singdaw

« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2008, 09:26:45 AM »

What else have you been holding out on me?

I suppose next thing you know, you'll be telling me that we have a lanai, too.   ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2008, 09:27:32 AM »

We have a verandah?    :o

Yes.  And a yard.  And a kitchen.  And three bedrooms.  And two baths.

And I'm thinking of adding a pool.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2008, 09:32:52 AM »

Okay, I mentioned I'm getting rid of some fun LPs - so here's a list - if you're interested just drop me an e-mail and I'll let you know the price.  Some are cheap, some are expensive, none are on CD:

Hello, Dolly - original Israeli cast - lots of fun in an excellent sounding record from the mid-60s.  On CBS Records from Israel.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2008, 09:34:25 AM »

Okay, I mentioned I'm getting rid of some fun LPs - so here's a list - if you're interested  some are expensive, none are on CD:

Hello, Dolly - original Israeli cast - lots of fun in an excellent sounding record from the mid-60s.  On CBS Records from Israel.

You call that a list?   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2008, 09:34:53 AM »

TOD:  I kiked the commentary track for "Sordid Lives"

I don't think we want to go there, do we?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2008, 09:36:58 AM »

Hello, Jerry! a rare UA LP in stereo of Jerry Herman (at the piano) and Orchestra playing B'way songs of the day from Dolly, Do I Hear A Waltz, Roar Of The Greasepaint, Fiddler, The Fantasticks, Funny Girl, Ben Franklin In Paris, I Had A Ball, and Baker Street.  EXcellent condition.

My Name Is Jule - Jule Styne (at the piano) and his orchestra - another rare UA stereo LP, this time with Styne playing 47 of his hits, all in medleys to three and four songs.  Really fun.  Condition is excellent.

SCENT OF MYSTERY in STEREO - excellent copy, with a gorgeous jacket. Finding a mono copy of this album is not impossible, and they seem to go for between fifty and a hundred bucks. Finding a stereo copy is impossible - I have seen two come up on eBay in the last eight years - one was not in good condition and still brought a big price, the other was in excellent condition and sold for over $400.

The jacket on this album is prone to really bad rubbing because of all the black, but this copy is the best I've ever seen. This film was in glorious Smell-O-Vision, but I promise neither the music or the LP smells. The music is by Mario Nascimbene and is wonderful

HURRY SUNDOWN - Hugo Montenegro - a terrific score to Otto Preminger's film, and a great sounding RCA stereo LP in excellent shape, both jacket (save for a small blue "X" near the top) and album.

SALOME - a Japanese reissue of the 10" Decca album (the reissue is also a ten inch LP). Great score by George Duning (with the long Salome's Dance by Daniel Amfitheatrof). The LP is in excellent condition - the jacket looks like it got wrinkled a little (it's not made of hard cardboard like the original), but there are no tears or anything - just a few wrinkles).

THE JAZZ SOUL OF DR. KILDARE - Harry Betts and orchestra. On the great Choreo label (later renamed AVA), this wonderful album of TV themes of the 60s has great STEREO sound and wonderful and rare themes from Kildare, Cain's Hundred (also Goldsmith), Bus Stop (Arthur Morton), Klondike (Vic Mizzy), Hong Kong (Lionel Newman), Shirley Temple Show (Mizzy) and many others. I will also throw in an incredibly rare 45 on the same label (well, AVA), of Blues For A Hanging and Blues Time, from the TV show Blues For A Hanging, written by someone named Johnny Williams.

COMPOSER'S HOLIDAY - you probably are thinking, "Say what" about this Les Brown and his band of renown LP, but read on, MacDuff: All the music on this LP was composed specifically for this album, and it includes original and fantastic pieces by Elmer Bernstein, Andre Previn, George Duning, Dominic Frontiere, Alfred Newman and others. A very rare album in STEREO, and this copy is great-sounding and in excellent condition.

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2008, 09:38:16 AM »

TOD:

I very much enjoy commentary tracks done by those who actually were involved with the film or tv show.

I do not like commentary tracks that are by people who just go "and now we see Dracula open the door and see Mina and now we see him go over and bite her neck...and now we see Dracula turn into a vapor..."

JMK

« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2008, 09:38:20 AM »

Hello, Jerry! a rare UA LP in stereo of Jerry Herman (at the piano) and Orchestra playing B'way songs of the day from Dolly, Do I Hear A Waltz, Roar Of The Greasepaint, Fiddler, The Fantasticks, Funny Girl, Ben Franklin In Paris, I Had A Ball, and Baker Street.  EXcellent condition.

My Name Is Jule - Jule Styne (at the piano) and his orchestra - another rare UA stereo LP, this time with Styne playing 47 of his hits, all in medleys to three and four songs.  Really fun.  Condition is excellent.

SCENT OF MYSTERY in STEREO - excellent copy, with a gorgeous jacket. Finding a mono copy of this album is not impossible, and they seem to go for between fifty and a hundred bucks. Finding a stereo copy is impossible - I have seen two come up on eBay in the last eight years - one was not in good condition and still brought a big price, the other was in excellent condition and sold for over $400.

The jacket on this album is prone to really bad rubbing because of all the black, but this copy is the best I've ever seen. This film was in glorious Smell-O-Vision, but I promise neither the music or the LP smells. The music is by Mario Nascimbene and is wonderful

HURRY SUNDOWN - Hugo Montenegro - a terrific score to Otto Preminger's film, and a great sounding RCA stereo LP in excellent shape, both jacket (save for a small blue "X" near the top) and album.

SALOME - a Japanese reissue of the 10" Decca album (the reissue is also a ten inch LP). Great score by George Duning (with the long Salome's Dance by Daniel Amfitheatrof). The LP is in excellent condition - the jacket looks like it got wrinkled a little (it's not made of hard cardboard like the original), but there are no tears or anything - just a few wrinkles).

THE JAZZ SOUL OF DR. KILDARE - Harry Betts and orchestra. On the great Choreo label (later renamed AVA), this wonderful album of TV themes of the 60s has great STEREO sound and wonderful and rare themes from Kildare, Cain's Hundred (also Goldsmith), Bus Stop (Arthur Morton), Klondike (Vic Mizzy), Hong Kong (Lionel Newman), Shirley Temple Show (Mizzy) and many others. I will also throw in an incredibly rare 45 on the same label (well, AVA), of Blues For A Hanging and Blues Time, from the TV show Blues For A Hanging, written by someone named Johnny Williams.

COMPOSER'S HOLIDAY - you probably are thinking, "Say what" about this Les Brown and his band of renown LP, but read on, MacDuff: All the music on this LP was composed specifically for this album, and it includes original and fantastic pieces by Elmer Bernstein, Andre Previn, George Duning, Dominic Frontiere, Alfred Newman and others. A very rare album in STEREO, and this copy is great-sounding and in excellent condition.

Now that's a list.

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2008, 09:40:55 AM »

I took today off and shortly I will hit the shower and throw on my kurta and watch movies all day long...or at least that is the plan, Stan.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2008, 09:41:41 AM »

To agree with DR Ron, it's going to be a long week.  I'm quite certain I have the beginnings of a cold, which sucks. (to use the bk vernacular of the day) I may go for a walk today, which may or may not help.  It's really cold here in Northern Calif. today, but at least it's not windy or raining.  

I decided to blow yesterdays eating off and not log in my food intake.  I figured I used close to all my 44 points and some of my free weekly 35 points.   Back on today, though.  WW seems to be the easiest of all plans I've tried and I'm not about to stop now.

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2008, 09:41:46 AM »

I will likely watch some Mamie Van Doren and a Japanese movie about a little baby fox.

If I survive, then I will watch something from India, perhaps.

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2008, 09:42:52 AM »

BK, don't forget to put my visit next week into your little calendar thingamjig.

JMK

« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2008, 09:44:14 AM »

Well I'm depressed about Follies.  Here I had thought that on some future visit to NYC I might be able to see it.  Bleccch.

Ginny

« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2008, 09:44:33 AM »

Off to the bank, the car wash, and the grocery store.

Heigh ho, the glamorous life...bye for now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2008, 09:44:44 AM »

Teddy Wilson and his trio - GYPSY IN JAZZ - hard to find in stereo and this copy is great - a fantastic jazz performance of the score and it includes the cut Mama's Talkin' Soft.

Zorba - the instrumental version with full orchestra by Claus Ogerman - it's great!  This is like new - it was sealed until I made my LP transfer.

Kerry

« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2008, 09:47:21 AM »

I don't think we want to go there, do we?
Hey, I learned everything one needs to know about false eyelashes!
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2008, 09:50:22 AM »

On Your Toes - my favorite recording of the score with Portia Nelson and Jack Cassidy on Columbia - only issued in mono.  A great album, and this is not the commonly seen reissue, but the original pressing.  Excellent condition.

Barefoot In The Park - my favorite Neal Hefti score - beautiful themes, great condition, on Dot Records in stereo.

The Fantastic Film Music of Albert Glasser!  Great LP featuring original soundtrack scores to such classics as Beginning Of The End, The Boy and the Pirates, The Amazing Colossal Man, The Cyclops (all Bert I. Gordon films), The Cisco Kid, Big Town, The Buckskin Lady, and Top Of The World.  On Starlog Records - Excellent condition.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2008, 09:53:09 AM »

TCB-Glad your bandage changing skills are improving.

Jennifer, how cute your niece won the pool.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2008, 09:53:46 AM »

And that's the LP story.  One batch of CDs has been picked up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up